User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 18:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > xbox 360 video connection problem
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Xbox 360 video connection problem
  Jump to:

Posted Message
nki00
_
5. January 2013 @ 16:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi everyone:

My friend borrowed my Xbox 360. After playing Skyrim for while he called me and asked what to do when the Xbox started showing a message "HDMI Mode not supported." I really didn't know what to tell him because I was not using HDMI for my setup. I suggested to look for solution online. I don't know what happened afterwards, but yesterday he brought it back and when I plugged it into my TV (using the RCA cable, you know the Yellow, White and Red) the screen first started showing snow-like lines and then it stayed mostly black. I could hear that the Xbox was working, and I could switch menus (they were making familiar sounds), I could also restart it and open the DVD tray, but I couldn't see anything on the screen. I also tried toggling the TV - HDTV switch on the cable itself, but that didn't help.

Can someone tell me what's going on and if there's a way to fix it?

PS. I remember that right before giving it to him I installed the latest (now is Jan. 2013) dashboard update by logging in to my Live account.

PS2. I tried resetting the display by holding down Y and right trigger while console loads. It doesn't do anything. The console restarts but the screen still remains black with these running lines across.

PS3. I also have another Xbox 360 (without an updated dashboard), so if I plug it in using the same cable, everything works fine.
Advertisement
_
__
peluynati
_
15. January 2013 @ 10:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
depending on what model it is, i would say its a light or 3 away from RROD! that is usually the sign when the GPU has lost contact with the board!
nki00
_
15. January 2013 @ 22:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by peluynati:
depending on what model it is, i would say its a light or 3 away from RROD! that is usually the sign when the GPU has lost contact with the board!
Thanks for the reply. Hmm. It doesn't show the RROD on the front though?

PS. So do you think that opening it up, removing the x-clamp and doing the "bake" method would fix the GPU contacts issue? This stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnXQD68LRy4
peluynati
_
16. January 2013 @ 08:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that would most likely bring it back to life!
Advertisement
_
__

_
spookytree
_
16. January 2013 @ 10:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I had a similar issue happen before. What likely happened is that your friend tried an HDMI cable, which switches the dashboard input type...kind of like "upgrading" the desired input to HDMI. His TV wasnt supporting the HDMI signal, however (sometimes the signal can confuse the tv at times, depending on models such as the Sharp Aquos models. A quick turn off and back on of the tv usually solves that problem), so when you got the system back it is now expecting the new input. There is a setting in the video options of the console to switch it back, but the trouble is that you have to see it to change it (unless you can remember exactly what input is needed to choose it and switch).

My advice is to try your friends house again with his HDMI cable, and take yours as well. Switch back to composite, and when the screen asks if you can see it, choose yes and take out the HDMI cable. Normally you can just do a reset like you tried, but the new dashboard may not take input types into account. *shrugs*

I hope this helps, and have an awesome day! :)
Related links
Download Xbox 360 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Microsoft finally discontinues Xbox 360 1 22. April 2016 News comments
Motorola unveils new series of Moto 360 smartwatches 2 5. September 2015 News comments
Microsoft makes 'Forza Horizon 2: Presents Fast & Furious' free for Xbox One, Xbox 360 7 31. March 2015 News comments
Moto 360 coming soon in gold and with a new leather band? 1 1. November 2014 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
Best Buy leaks Motorola Moto 360 price, specs, features 1 18. August 2014 News comments
Google shows off prototypes of Moto 360 and LG G Watch 4 4. June 2014 News comments
Xbox 360 FLASH MOD HELP 6 2. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Dismantled my 360 to repair Disk Drive - Now Controllers won't sync (wired & wireless) 3 1. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Have 60GB hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60GB casing? 8 10. May 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - everything else > xbox 360 video connection problem

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork