User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 03:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > sony giga pocket drivers.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Sony giga pocket drivers.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
agak
_
1. November 2007 @ 00:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry, but even if you switch to the drivers for MCE, MCE does not recognize the card without all the original VGC-RB series tuner libraries. I have the MCE servers disabled so I can run Arcsoft TotalMedia3. TotalMedia3 will access the card perfectly with just the MCE drivers and the Titan tuner guide in TotalMedia3 is a much better guide IN MY OPINION ONLY. (Just my 2 cents worth) PIP also works with multiple tuners.
I just hope Arcsoft will add Zoom function to next update. The best thing about MCE was the Zoom function.
Advertisement
_
__
Rodashar
_
3. November 2007 @ 04:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can someone please post me the drivers for the btf-pa4022 card??
sk8asylum
_
7. November 2007 @ 03:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am attempting to take an ENX-20 card that was pulled from an RZ34g Vaio and install it on my RS420 Vaio.

2.8ghz P4
1.5mb RAM
Windows XP home
Nvidia Gforce 6200le

I have read all previous posts and yet I am still having trouble.

Windows recognizes the board as a "Multimedia Video Controller" but none of the drivers offered so far have had it "working properly".

I use the setup.exe files and the software is installed, yet the I don't get anything from the card. Should I be dragging and dropping the .sys files into someplace? The files everyone seems to have success with either say "these files aren't for your model" or there are things I don't know about like:
smrt.cat
smrt.inf
smrt.sys

What do I do with these?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. I obviously am missing something...
agak
_
7. November 2007 @ 19:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
photolou posted on forum page 5 that these work on ENX-20.

"I downloaded the driver located here: http://www.cc.utah.edu/~scm8/files/mpeg_encoder_1_1_4_6020.zip
and it worked great for my ENX-20 card."

They seem to be same as ramjet's version 1.1
Update drivers to these and see if you get a exclamation problem in the hardware manager.
gamexprt
Inactive
_
15. November 2007 @ 05:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My gigapocket came with my laptop and all of the sudden I cant get th sound to work. My soudcard is still good and it plays songs, movies etc... but when i start giga pocket there is no sound. Does anyone have any clues why?

I have Giga Pocket V5 my sony vaio model is PCG-GRT240G
Just so you know I have Regcure and fixed all my registy and other errors sill doesnt work.
I have used my sony vaio recovery dvd and reinstalled gigapocket and still no sound. Please if anyone can help me that would be greatly apreciated.
JayFinley
_
15. November 2007 @ 16:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by gamexprt:
My gigapocket came with my laptop and all of the sudden I cant get th sound to work. My soudcard is still good and it plays songs, movies etc... but when i start giga pocket there is no sound. Does anyone have any clues why?

I have Giga Pocket V5 my sony vaio model is PCG-GRT240G
Just so you know I have Regcure and fixed all my registy and other errors sill doesnt work.
I have used my sony vaio recovery dvd and reinstalled gigapocket and still no sound. Please if anyone can help me that would be greatly apreciated.

okay.. i had this problem, too. click control panel/sounds and audio devices, or the little speaker icon in the system tray, options/properties, then click whatever your input device is, and check CD Player... if it's all the way down, you should turn it up, hopefully this works because i did this, and now i get sound from GigaPocket... so remember, CD Player Volume, and if you have ACID Studio or something, you can use your "CD Player" input to record stuff...
lotdud
Inactive
_
16. November 2007 @ 08:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've had the en26 model running fine on my projector computer which dual boots mce05 and vista ultimate. The card is very easy to get working with mce05 using the smrt files (drivers) i also installed everyone of those shared library progz that came with the smrt. Works great dual tuners other one is a haupenage (spelled that wrong) 150 using the irremote.ini hack and can record from both tuners at same time. and the remote which is only plugged into the 150 keeps working when i use it to record on that card and mce switches over to the gigapocket. I have no idea why. Anyhow its also works fine with vista media center same computer dual tuners and there is a hack for the remote for vista ultimate also so the green button actually works on the vista side. same type of deal irremote.ini into windows. just different irremote file. With vista getting the gigapocket en26 was a little more difficult and if i installed a certain version of the smrt drivers the pc would reboot right away but after playin around and finally getting the right smrt drivers installed and the sony shared library files programs in it also works great.Anyhow sorry about the long post and its late so i'm not correcting any spelling but if anyone wants a little more details and or help with getting it working in vista and or mce send me a email or whatever. Most people should beable to do the mce05 pretty easy. I think i ended up getting one of the smrt drivers from this same post and the other ones from sony or some link but i have all the files still later.
JayFinley
_
16. November 2007 @ 08:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by lotdud:
I've had the en26 model running fine on my projector computer which dual boots mce05 and vista ultimate. The card is very easy to get working with mce05 using the smrt files (drivers) i also installed everyone of those shared library progz that came with the smrt. Works great dual tuners other one is a haupenage (spelled that wrong) 150 using the irremote.ini hack and can record from both tuners at same time. and the remote which is only plugged into the 150 keeps working when i use it to record on that card and mce switches over to the gigapocket. I have no idea why. Anyhow its also works fine with vista media center same computer dual tuners and there is a hack for the remote for vista ultimate also so the green button actually works on the vista side. same type of deal irremote.ini into windows. just different irremote file. With vista getting the gigapocket en26 was a little more difficult and if i installed a certain version of the smrt drivers the pc would reboot right away but after playin around and finally getting the right smrt drivers installed and the sony shared library files programs in it also works great.Anyhow sorry about the long post and its late so i'm not correcting any spelling but if anyone wants a little more details and or help with getting it working in vista and or mce send me a email or whatever. Most people should beable to do the mce05 pretty easy. I think i ended up getting one of the smrt drivers from this same post and the other ones from sony or some link but i have all the files still later.
i posted a question whether or not the ENX-26 card was compatible with MCE2005... can you help me out... that would be sweet to have it work with both...
asquirr3l
_
19. November 2007 @ 21:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so.. anyone figure out any alternative solutions to capture with the "smrt capture" device other than giga pocket?
TheMAstor
_
21. November 2007 @ 00:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A friend gave me a PCV-W510G that has a bad hd, I reloaded win xp sp2 on it but I couldn't put tv tv to works and I counldn't find a restore cd for it, I called sony and they said they don't have that cd and don't support that model for recovery cd..

Can someone helpe me ...
Thanks

***email removed***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. November 2007 @ 02:18

agak
_
21. November 2007 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PCV-W510G used a ENX-20 or 26 card.
Use ramjet's files or just MCE drivers w/ Arcsoft Totalmedia3.
Look back through pages for links.
ramchip
_
22. November 2007 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by agak:
PCV-W510G used a ENX-20 or 26 card.
Use ramjet's files or just MCE drivers w/ Arcsoft Totalmedia3.
Look back through pages for links.

I think you mean "Ramchip's" file :-)
Kevin578
_
24. November 2007 @ 10:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by agak:
LavaJoe,

Go to Sony.com support to get the drivers for your model.

I can send you Giga Pocket 4.3 with instructions to install.

agak
Hi, I need the giga pocket software, but don't have the recovery disks, and I can't find a place to purchase them. I have a pcv-rs530g computer, and was wondering if you could send me a copy of giga pocket?
agak
_
24. November 2007 @ 10:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I believe these links are still good:

ENX-16 GigaPocket
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BU4WC6CG

ENX-26 GigaPocket {someone posted from ramchip}
http://files.filefront.com/GigaPocket+Fi...;/fileinfo.html

ENX-26 MCE drivers for Arcsoft TotalMedia 3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6DTMIR5U

DVGatePlus2.0
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BLT8HYT6

Arcsoft TotalMedia 3 works very well for ENX-26

1 product review
_
30. November 2007 @ 02:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TheMAstor, no email addresses per forum rules.

rockbash
_
3. December 2007 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Sony PCV-RX490TV which just died. I love the TV card and am trying to install it in my new home built. The card is a ENX-15. I downloaded from the megaupload link and installed the files, but Giga Pocket errors (SMBE VXD _CreateFile Error) and the device manager shows the encoder card driver is not installed. It won't use the driver provided in the Giga Pocket folder. Any help would be appreciated.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. December 2007 @ 00:26

agak
_
4. December 2007 @ 12:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PCVRX490TV
You use:
ENX-16 GigaPocket
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BU4WC6CG
COmplete inc. drivers etc.
Also requires a "D:" drive for the rec data files.
rockbash
_
4. December 2007 @ 16:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I redownloaded the zip file using the link you provided. I created a partition and made it the D drive. I reinstalled all the software in the order indicated, copied the files into the folders indicated, and restarted the system. The Found Hardware Wizard runs on start up. I select install from a list and direct it to the folder named driver and it does not install the hardware. The message indicates that the wizard cannot find the necessary software. Giga Pocket gives me an error that the encoder card is not responding. It was working fine in the old system. Any ideas?
agak
_
4. December 2007 @ 17:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The smbe.cat, smbe.inf and Smbe.sys are the XP drivers for this card.
If you are using Vista, than the drivers will not install.
I have not had a chance to see if I can do a workaround for Vista.
Mostly because I'm using a ATSC card now.
Are we talking Vista here?
rockbash
_
4. December 2007 @ 18:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No, XP Pro
agak
_
4. December 2007 @ 19:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try again
Go to your device manage. (Start, settings, control panel, system)
It should show up with an error code. ! or ? etc.
Normally it is in 'sound, video and game controllers'
Right click on it and click 'update driver'.
Click 'no'
Click 'Install from a specific location'
Click 'don't search'
Click 'have disk'
Browse to drivers folder and pick smbe.inf
Click 'OK'
It should install that .inf and .sys file.
Should work
:)
rockbash
_
4. December 2007 @ 19:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The card shows up under Other devices as a PCI Device. I tried it the way you suggest and still get the message "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software." I am going to try pulling the card out and reinstalling it now that I have Giga Pocket and the driver on the computer. I'll let you know if it makes any difference.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. December 2007 @ 20:58

dorkyfool
_
22. December 2007 @ 22:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I need help with my giga pocket and not sure where to turn. I need to rewire the harness to the Motherboard. Smart me decided to try this card in my custom pc and removed the wires from the harness (black wire holder!) (I-link header harness). Now I have no idea where they go! I am attempting to contact Sony parts sales about getting a new harness as I rebuild this Vaio. I am the original owner and original fool who got so "smart!" Any help is appreciated.
agak
_
23. December 2007 @ 20:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dorkyfool
What model?
Advertisement
_
__

_
dorkyfool
_
23. December 2007 @ 21:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PCV-RS613GX is the model.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > sony giga pocket drivers.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork