User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 18:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > sony giga pocket drivers.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Sony giga pocket drivers.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
20. August 2005 @ 22:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi everyone, i just recently recieved my friends sony Giga pocket tv tuner card, i am not running either a sony vaio, or windows media center, and i was wondering, if i could find the correct drivers for it, and a app that would run with this card, i tried looking for houres on sonys site, and a few other, any help would be appreciated!

fugg it
Advertisement
_
__
andmerr
Suspended permanently
_
2. September 2005 @ 02:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you need to provide more info.

whats the model number or serial?
kccompguy
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
2. September 2005 @ 06:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am looking for this as well. I'm using a Sony MSX-10 -- and looking for the drivers for this !@*! thing are driving me crazy!!!

Thanks!
andmerr
Suspended permanently
_
2. September 2005 @ 13:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok check the link below:

http://esupport.sony.com/

type in your model number:

if you get stuck you should then use the support email and send sony a question on where they provide drivers for this product.Make sure you include the product.You didnt mention it was a vaio

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. September 2005 @ 13:53

zinkpig
_
6. September 2005 @ 14:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sony allows you to download the driver but driver doesnt istall as it checks that the machine its being installed on is not a vaio. so we need some kind of hacked driver that will work.
kccompguy
_
6. September 2005 @ 17:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My experience has been this....

I can only find the 'update' versions of the driver install... which of course will only update something that is already installed.....

I had a chat with the support people, and the ONLY option they provided me was to purchase a set of the recovery discs for my model of machine. I pointed out to them that on their japanease vaio site, the software is available...so why not the english version too? He again responded by suggesting I purchase the recovery discs...
Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
7. September 2005 @ 09:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If it's the same model of card I have I'm not even sure it will work without the Sony motherboard. Mine has additional connectors on the MB that input directly to the card and I wouldn't be surprised to find out there's more of the hardware that's not on the card itself. I don't know where to get the driver you want, and it's nearly impossible to find information on the card, but I'd recommend googling for YUZU (or Sony YUZU) to see what you can find.

I'm moving this thread to the Analog Capture forum since that's what this card does

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. September 2005 @ 09:06

zinkpig
_
7. September 2005 @ 14:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ndeeya
_
20. October 2005 @ 09:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sean,

i'm in the same position as you... however after searching for a few months i was able to find a suitable driver for my card. My card has the following part numbers:

front PCB:
1-860-696-21 ENX-26

back PCB:
pcva-imb5a

after getting the right driver i immediately ran into another problem. it seems the card is useless without the sony giga pocket software. i tried using windows movie maker to capture video with no success. if anyone knows how to install giga pocket on a non-sony system, please help. or if there is another PVR/capture software that is compatible with this sony card please post!

sean,
if you still want the driver, please respond to this thread.

-a
zinkpig
_
20. October 2005 @ 13:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ndeeya,
any way I could get a copy of the driver . My email is **removed by mod**
thanks

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. October 2005 @ 13:54

Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
20. October 2005 @ 13:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Posting email addresses is against the rules. I'd recommend using PMs for that.

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
zinkpig
_
20. October 2005 @ 15:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry abt that..i just PMed ndeeya
ndeeya
_
20. October 2005 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
zink... pm sent.

let me know how the driver works out for you.
zinkpig
_
20. October 2005 @ 19:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey needya,
here is the thread on sage forums.
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10270&...
you can try sage recorder with it ..they have a fully functional trial version which runs for 14 days i think.
ndeeya
_
20. October 2005 @ 20:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
zink,

have you succeeded in using sageTV with the sony giga pocket card? according to url you posted, people have either had no success or poor quality; and have required the registration of numerous sony .ax (active x) files.

i haven't downloaded sageTV yet because even if i did, i wouldn't even know where to get the sony .ax files necessary to make it work.

btw, how did the drivers work out for you?
ndeeya
_
20. October 2005 @ 21:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey gang,

i just downloaded sagetv recorder for grins and guess what... IT WORKS! i didn't even have to load any weird sony .ax files.

so to sum things up: i received a sony giga pocket DVR/PVR/TV Tuner/capture card from a working VAIO. the card sat for a few months unused because i couldn't find drivers for it to make it work in my homemade PC. one day i decided to do a more extensive search of the internet and found drivers. then i had to find compatible software to make the card work. SageTV Recorder works.

THE END.
Whyme19
_
29. October 2005 @ 20:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I cant find a driver for my sony tv tuner card. Im not sure why serial is what. Please help me.

1-682-228-12

ENX-15

Ron Crouchman
Crab
_
2. November 2005 @ 03:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all, I'm new to this & hope someone can help me.. I have the
same problem . A tv capture card from a Sony Vaio modle VGC-RB45GX
here are some numbers on the capture card 1-860-696-21 ENX-26
& also pcva-imb5a . Windows XP will see the card but doesn't have
compatable drivers... I've already been to the Sony support site
& I know the drivers from Sony won't load on my pc because it does
a check before to see if I have a Sony Vaio. I know someone here was
successful in finding compatable drivers & using a program called
sagetv recorder ... Can anyone help me with the drivers.. Any info
on this would be appreciated..
Crab
_
2. November 2005 @ 03:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all, I'm new to this & hope someone can help me.. I have the
same problem . A tv capture card from a Sony Vaio modle VGC-RB45GX
here are some numbers on the capture card 1-860-696-21 ENX-26
& also pcva-imb5a . Windows XP will see the card but doesn't have
compatable drivers... I've already been to the Sony support site
& I know the drivers from Sony won't load on my pc because it does
a check before to see if I have a Sony Vaio. I know someone here was
successful in finding compatable drivers & using a program called
sagetv recorder ... Can anyone help me with the drivers.. Any info
on this would be appreciated..
Whyme19
_
2. November 2005 @ 11:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
He me too! If any one finds the drive please let em know, i will also keep looking and let anyone know of anything i find.

Ron Crouchman
zinkpig
_
5. November 2005 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you guys have PM. ndeeya thanks for finding the driver. Works great with sage recorder. I am wondering if I should move it to the sage TV server.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. November 2005 @ 12:39

bigpapi76
_
7. November 2005 @ 13:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm sorta in the same situation. I have a Sony VAIO PCV-RZ14G. I added a second hard disk and am now running dual boot WinXP Home and Win XP Media Center Edition. So I have my old configuration working fine in the WinXP Home area. I installed Media Center edition just fine and it sees all the devices except the Giga Pocket board. So I can't watch any TV on my PC. I downloaded the Sony MPEG2 Encoder Board driver from the esupport site. I thought that since I do indeed have a Sony VAIO, that it would work. No dice.. I get the same error message that everyone else gets. Can someone post the drivers that work? Or someone PM me on what I should do? Thanks!

Cheers,
Jack
Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
7. November 2005 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For anyone who's still looking for a driver I'd recommend posting the exact model of the card. You'll find it printed on the card as ENX-##.

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
Crab
_
8. November 2005 @ 06:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey bigpapi76 you can check this link http://www.zhangduo.com/driverbackup.html
program called My Drivers you may be able to use it to back up
your drivers on the xp Media Center Edition & restore the driver
for the capture card on the XP Home side .. PM me if you need more
info..
Advertisement
_
__

_
sudavid
_
11. November 2005 @ 05:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,Guys
How do you get your TV Card working on a non sony VAIO PC?
Where do you get driver from?
I am working on this card for weeks, please help.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > sony giga pocket drivers.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork