afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > ipod discussion > ipod linux
Show topics

Forums
Forums
iPod Linux
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
21. September 2006 @ 15:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I removed it because it was wrong, I'll have a better version up tommorow. I have a lot of homework to do for tonight.
Advertisement
_
__
_
1. October 2006 @ 10:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a 60gb ipod video wud linux work on it? if so cud i have a link for the linux so i can download it coz the links at the top of the guide dont work

_
1. October 2006 @ 11:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah you can
_
1. October 2006 @ 11:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
kl but i dunno were 2 download it the links dnt work i hav windows xp btw

_
1. October 2006 @ 12:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
idk ipodlinux.org isnt working so idk and im gunna try the above way on my nano because ipodlinux.org is working so i cant use that tut
_
1. October 2006 @ 15:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The iPod linux site seems to be down, and that is why the links arn't working. I personally have no idea why it is down or when it will begin working again.
steph66
_
10. October 2006 @ 07:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have ipod nano and want to know if there is a way to only delete specific songs one by one from your play list
_
10. October 2006 @ 17:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
with linux or not
i know how to without linux
_
11. October 2006 @ 02:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just right click the song in itunes and press clear, apple doesn't have a great system for deleting songs, I had to delete 300 songs one by on because itunes read my stepmania song files.
_
11. October 2006 @ 10:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To delete a bunch of similiar songs at once type the Artist [or whatever the tracks have in common] into the search part of iTunes, click a song, hit ctrl+a to select all of them, then press delete.

This will probably be my last post for a while as I am much too busy lately to keep up with the site. So I'll talk to you all again in a few weeks hopefully.
_
11. October 2006 @ 15:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can take over fro here till then if you want.
_
12. October 2006 @ 11:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not in charge or anything, I post a lot because I can help people with their problems. It's the beautiful thing about forums, anyone with knowledge can help out, and should contribute. I have just as much to learn as anyone else here.
thedrizz
_
15. November 2006 @ 17:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a 4g nano, what do i need, and is there any chance of bricking?
_
13. December 2006 @ 17:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a 1gb nano would linux work on it

_
13. December 2006 @ 17:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It will probably work but I do not know but I am guessing and if it doesnt then they will probably have one that will out soon....

www.ipodlinux.org i think it is or .com cant remember i would look but i have to go to bed ,......but try there and see if you can find out
tcsehs
_
7. January 2007 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey im having some troubles with this too. i did everything that you said to do and it created more files in the folder "ipodloader" (yours was ipodlinux) but nothing changed on my ipod. (btw its a 5g 30gb video) i want to get the boot screen so i can pick linux or apple instead of holding the rewind button at startup. also i do not know how to put games onto my linux (such as idoom or iNES) in all, i do have linux on my ipod but i am clueless on how to get programs on it. please help, thank you
bunny_c
Suspended permanently
_
18. January 2007 @ 00:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how can i erase ipodlinux.

when i turn my ipod it tell me : connect to your computer use itunes to restore.
what do i do now?

_
18. January 2007 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you may want to do that then
mrxxg
Suspended permanently
_
31. January 2007 @ 03:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
excellent guide, this is amazing.
Lazy
Account closed as per user's own request
_
2. February 2007 @ 07:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

I have this Ipod how can i Install the Linux it says Ipod its not connected and it is and i have Enable Disk usage and it appearss in My Cumputer
asfanjeff
_
3. February 2007 @ 06:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So, I can undo this if it messs up? And, will this work on 30 gig video?
natekelly
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
17. February 2007 @ 10:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ya i need major help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just installed ipodlinux and wanted to listen to music so i turned off the power and turned it back on, and now it says:
Legancy code allert! no more tasks for in it-- sleeping forever!
I need help please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Jimmy
_
17. February 2007 @ 15:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Connect to computer then reformat and restore...Let me know how that works
_
18. February 2007 @ 16:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ lazy - no u cant

@ asfanjeff - not suggested for video

@ natekelly - restore ur ipod to the restore point made by ipod linux.
Advertisement
_
__

_
sam300290
_
16. March 2007 @ 07:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HI, the link of www.ipodlinux.org works but the two links of ipod_fw.exe and ipodpatcher.exe doesn't work and they are both under the website of rockbox.com and by any chance that the rockbox website doesn't work are they down or something? Is thre another websie to get them? Thanx

Related links
Visit our iPod forum room to discuss about Apple's portable players.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
End of an era: iPod discontinued - the device that revolutionized music industry 1 3. June 2022 News comments
Tim Cook: Apple Watch and wearables bigger than iPod ever was 1 17. January 2019 News comments
Apple revealed a new iPod, first update since 2012 6 20. July 2015 News comments
R.I.P. Apple iPod Classic 3 15. September 2014 News comments
Having issues moving music from ipod to laptop 14 15. May 2014 iPod discussion
ipod nano wont allow me to add music? 4 18. April 2014 iPod discussion
ipod 4g to tv issue 2 9. April 2014 iPod discussion
IPOD on JVC Boomblaster input? 1 26. January 2014 Receivers and amplifiers
Analyst: R.I.P iPod Classic 4 13. September 2013 News comments
ipod - various 10 9. September 2013 iPod discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > ipod discussion > ipod linux

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork