User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 22:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > guide: tweaking the moto l6/l7 slvr
Show topics

Forums
Forums
GUIDE: Tweaking the Moto L6/L7 Slvr
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
14. January 2007 @ 18:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
wierd,
i have the ones from motomodders, but i couldnt get them to work until i flashed the phone, now i have them working perfect ;)

How to flash is now in my guide ;)

Advertisement
_
__
_
14. January 2007 @ 18:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cool, I'll try that. But I have one question; where can I get something to completely backup my phone? I mean all the seams and files, etc. Thanks.

-EDIT, also, will that flash pack remove my settings, phonebook, ringtones, etc.?

Doesnt expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected and therefore mean youre expecting the expected which was the unexpected until you expected it?
"Opinions are immunities to being told were wrong." - Relient K

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. January 2007 @ 18:49

Siimbi
_
14. January 2007 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
[quote=WierdName]Well he was helpin me after that last comment to you. Legally, you will need to buy Motorola Phone Tools(sold sepperatly). The shady way, *cough*torrents*cough*. I recommend Utorrent for the client and this for searching for torrents.
More light please!
_
14. January 2007 @ 19:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I cant really tell you how to get it. You need to search on it or go buy the software. Another alternative is to get something like P2KTools and use the phonebook in it to backup(harder to setup though).

Doesnt expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected and therefore mean youre expecting the expected which was the unexpected until you expected it?
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
14. January 2007 @ 19:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by WierdName:
Cool, I'll try that. But I have one question; where can I get something to completely backup my phone? I mean all the seams and files, etc. Thanks.

-EDIT, also, will that flash pack remove my settings, phonebook, ringtones, etc.?
ringtones yes, all other settings restored to default, phonebook will be intact. U will lose saved texts too.
Im pretty sure u can use Commander to backup the seem

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. January 2007 @ 19:54

_
14. January 2007 @ 19:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I installed P2KTools already. I dont want to reinstall the drivers for commander. What can I do with P2KTools? Can I just follow what is here for the clublights? I really dont want to flash my phone.

_
14. January 2007 @ 20:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I set it up using the guide at that^ link. Now, as usual, theres a problem. When I go to the main screen(all the way back where the red phone button takes you), the backlight turns off. Is there a way to get it to use my phone settings instead?

Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
14. January 2007 @ 21:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I set it up using the guide at that^ link. Now, as usual, theres a problem. When I go to the main screen(all the way back where the red phone button takes you), the backlight turns off. Is there a way to get it to use my phone settings instead?
im sorry to tell you, but if u have already removed the funlight.pat and u still have the problem, u might HAVE to flash.

_
14. January 2007 @ 21:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
im sorry to tell you, but if u have already removed the funlight.pat and u still have the problem, u might HAVE to flash.
Nah, thats not the problem. I can remove it. Its just that it does that when its enabled. I read around and its just the way it works. I do have one more question though; Can you use keylock with clublights(my phone says rhythm lights) on? I have my auto keylock set to 15secs. I just want to make sure I can use them both because I need keylock or my pocket will call japan without me knowing it. Lol.

-EDIT, I was playin around with it and it(clublights) shuts off after a little while. Will it turn back on when I get a call?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. January 2007 @ 21:46

Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
15. January 2007 @ 05:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[quote]
Nah, thats not the problem. I can remove it. Its just that it does that when its enabled. I read around and its just the way it works. I do have one more question though; Can you use keylock with clublights(my phone says rhythm lights) on? I have my auto keylock set to 15secs. I just want to make sure I can use them both because I need keylock or my pocket will call japan without me knowing it. Lol.

-EDIT, I was playin around with it and it(clublights) shuts off after a little while. Will it turn back on when I get a call?[/quote]yes, im using key lock right now ;)
Do you have the option to set the clublights longer than the default 5 mins?
If you have eventlights on, they will go off for every text or call, regardless if clublights are enabled.

_
15. January 2007 @ 11:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can set it for 10 min. I was meaning will clublights work when you get a call? Like would it do the flashy thing when its ringing?

Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
15. January 2007 @ 13:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can set it for 10 min. I was meaning will clublights work when you get a call? Like would it do the flashy thing when its ringing?
yes, but u have to set that in "Ring Styles", remember to set solar, so that you can see the screen and whos calling.

_
15. January 2007 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
yes, but u have to set that in "Ring Styles", remember to set solar, so that you can see the screen and whos calling.
I have an L6. Still use solar?

_
15. January 2007 @ 17:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have yet another question. Do you know why I keep getting a message something like "this program is out of date, please check time". Thats not exactly it. In fact, all that im sure of is the first part is something about something being out of date. Any ideas?

Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
15. January 2007 @ 17:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have yet another question. Do you know why I keep getting a message something like "this program is out of date, please check time". Thats not exactly it. In fact, all that im sure of is the first part is something about something being out of date. Any ideas?
i did get that before i flashed, but it went away after i did. Im not sure why it happens sorry.
Yes i have an l6 also and i use solar pattern so that i can see who is calling but i still get the event lights ;)

_
15. January 2007 @ 17:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
i did get that before i flashed, but it went away after i did. Im not sure why it happens sorry.
Yes i have an l6 also and i use solar pattern so that i can see who is calling but i still get the event lights ;)
Well im to afraid to flash it so I guess I'll stick with the random errors.

Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
16. January 2007 @ 11:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that is of course your choice, good luck :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. January 2007 @ 11:59

_
16. January 2007 @ 12:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ya, I might flash later but not for awhile.

misterdd
_
18. January 2007 @ 02:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Siimbi:
Thank you all for your suggestions... But here are the facts:
The SIM card can only save 250 names & numbers. It doesn't save addresses, e-mails, etc.
The phone only saves music & pictures on the memory card. Yes, I can take with me my music and not my phonebook.
Keep the suggestions coming.
what country are you in?

we have a "128k" simcard here in Manila and I believe it has the capacity to store 500 contact entries. (I'm not sure if the 256k has been released yet)

maybe you should check with your providers if they have this type of sim available?
photosnap
_
18. January 2007 @ 07:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi
does any of you guys know how to permanently turn the SMS delivery report ON? having to do that by every message is quite annoying (and frankly: I usually forget anyway)
i read you CAN do that on moto 3v, but is that possible on an L7 as well?
i'd be very grateful for your help! THANKS!
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
23. January 2007 @ 12:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im sorry i dont know how to do that, i hope someone else can help you ;)

furashu
_
30. January 2007 @ 21:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how do i install the drivers?

hello
Staff Member

4 product reviews
_
31. January 2007 @ 07:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just extract them to a motorola folder, then follow my tutorial ;)

memc
_
31. January 2007 @ 15:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey all. I have p2kcommander, and have my pc talking to my L6, and I can see all the files, but can't figure out which is the address/phone book. Any ideas? Thanks,

Al

NM. Used PKTOOLS instead and got it that way.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. February 2007 @ 06:32

Advertisement
_
__

_
pimpmex
Suspended permanently
_
4. February 2007 @ 07:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey people I need help with my MotoSlvr L7c (its from Cricket Wireless)How do i delete my pics and well unlock it i searched the forums and i couldent find anything plz help me

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > guide: tweaking the moto l6/l7 slvr

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork