User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 10:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > guide: tweaking the moto l6/l7 slvr
Show topics

Forums
Forums
GUIDE: Tweaking the Moto L6/L7 Slvr
  Jump to:

Posted Message
theshark3
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
6. March 2008 @ 15:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey i have a question i just bought a slvr from my frind but he said he accidently deleated itunes, so is there a way i can get that back?
Advertisement
_
__
kjay572
_
10. July 2008 @ 01:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i kno this is for L6 ppl but, can someone HELP ME!!!!!!!!, i have a motorola v188, i NEED IT TO BE UNLOCKED, so i can use a digicel sim card (Jamaica) I AM BADLY in need of help, can ANYONE help me with this? do i need to flash it?if so, how? the fone screen says Contact Service Provider
_
10. July 2008 @ 01:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
*buzzer sound*, wrong move. You need to post an a thread for that, not post in one that isn't even on the right topic. First run some searches here and on Google, Yahoo, or somewhere else. If you don't come up with anything, post a thread here. Just don't post in another thread that isn't about your topic.

Doesnt expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected and therefore mean youre expecting the expected which was the unexpected until you expected it?
"Opinions are immunities to being told were wrong." - Relient K
cgislyfe
_
23. July 2008 @ 21:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Ok in this quick guide i will give methods to better use your L6/L7 slvr, by freeing up space, getting nicer wallpapers than the crappy defaults, lol, getting your pics off the phone and more quick tweaks like getting rid of those demo games that are good for nothing.

Ok here goes:

1. Download the L6 Slvr drivers here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/24033345/SLVR_L6_Drivers.rar

2. Download P2ktools here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/24033089/p2ktools.zip

3. If you dont have a usb cable, then stop now go out and buy one, then continue reading ;)

4. Install p2ktools and the drivers then leave p2k open.

5. Now hook up the phone to your PC and wait until the Found New Hardware bubble pops up.. Windows will ask you to search the web for the software. Press "Not this time" then next. Now select "Install from specific location" and select the folder where u installed p2k in. It will now install the USB modem. When that is done, the Found new hardware should pop up again. Do the same exact steps as before and do this until its finally done downloading (should have to repeat the steps about 5 times).

6. Now open P2k tools and Switch to p2k mode if you arent there already. At the bottom left it should say "Connected" and have a green light.

7. Ok so u are now connected to ur L6 ! :)

8. Now to free up some space ;)
Go into the C: drive (for L6, it might be A: for ur L7) and go down to Videos. Delete the default videos there. Next go into Audio, and delete all the tones that you dont want (i deleted all). Next go into pictures and delete all the horrible wallpapers that came with the phone but make sure not to delete the phone icons ;)

9. Using the method above u can also get ur videos and pics off the phone, by simply dragging and dropping them into a folder of ur choosing, on the desktop perhaps.

10. Here are some of my favorite wallpapers, which can be added to the phone using the drag and drop method into the pictures folder.
http://rapidshare.com/files/24033559/wallpapers.rar

11. (optional) You can get rid of the demo games that are useless by deleting them from the kjava folder in ur drive.

12. You now have enough space to add a song to your slvr if u so choose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
can you please help me? this is my first time trying to mod my phone and i can get to the beg. of step 5 and then it wont let me click where i put the p2ktools. i tried to download the folder again only somewhere else and it still wont work.how do i get it to do this? if you have any help please help!!
breticles
_
16. August 2008 @ 02:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry to be another question asker and not a helper, but this is first unlocked phone I've ever messed with. I have an L6 and I have no problem texting or calling with phone but I can not send nor receive multimedia messages nor access the internet. My carrier is Cincinnati Bell. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? I called Cincinnati Bell, however they said they couldn't help me much with an unlocked phone, the guy I talked too seemed like he was trying to help me and sent me an email with some info about settings but I have no idea what to do with it. This is the info if its even relevant. Thanks for the help.

"WAP 2.0 Settings for newer phones

* Settings Name: CBW Internet
* Homepage: http://wap.gocbw.com
* Data Bearer: GPRS
o GPRS Access Point: wap.gocbw.com
o Proxy/Gateway: 216.68.79.202
o Port: 80
o Username: <blank>
o Password: <blank>

General MMS Settings
For all phones

* Settings Name: CBW MMS
* Homepage: http://mms.gocbw.com:8088/mms
* Data Bearer: GPRS
o GPRS Access Point: wap.gocbw.com
o Proxy/Gateway: 216.68.79.199 or 216.26.79.202. Same as what they have for WAP
o Port: 9201 or 80. Same as what they have for WAP
o Username: <blank>
o Password: <blank>
Advertisement
_
__

_
breticles
_
16. August 2008 @ 02:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cgislyfe:
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Ok in this quick guide i will give methods to better use your L6/L7 slvr, by freeing up space, getting nicer wallpapers than the crappy defaults, lol, getting your pics off the phone and more quick tweaks like getting rid of those demo games that are good for nothing.

Ok here goes:

1. Download the L6 Slvr drivers here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/24033345/SLVR_L6_Drivers.rar

2. Download P2ktools here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/24033089/p2ktools.zip

3. If you dont have a usb cable, then stop now go out and buy one, then continue reading ;)

4. Install p2ktools and the drivers then leave p2k open.

5. Now hook up the phone to your PC and wait until the Found New Hardware bubble pops up.. Windows will ask you to search the web for the software. Press "Not this time" then next. Now select "Install from specific location" and select the folder where u installed p2k in. It will now install the USB modem. When that is done, the Found new hardware should pop up again. Do the same exact steps as before and do this until its finally done downloading (should have to repeat the steps about 5 times).

6. Now open P2k tools and Switch to p2k mode if you arent there already. At the bottom left it should say "Connected" and have a green light.

7. Ok so u are now connected to ur L6 ! :)

8. Now to free up some space ;)
Go into the C: drive (for L6, it might be A: for ur L7) and go down to Videos. Delete the default videos there. Next go into Audio, and delete all the tones that you dont want (i deleted all). Next go into pictures and delete all the horrible wallpapers that came with the phone but make sure not to delete the phone icons ;)

9. Using the method above u can also get ur videos and pics off the phone, by simply dragging and dropping them into a folder of ur choosing, on the desktop perhaps.

10. Here are some of my favorite wallpapers, which can be added to the phone using the drag and drop method into the pictures folder.
http://rapidshare.com/files/24033559/wallpapers.rar

11. (optional) You can get rid of the demo games that are useless by deleting them from the kjava folder in ur drive.

12. You now have enough space to add a song to your slvr if u so choose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
can you please help me? this is my first time trying to mod my phone and i can get to the beg. of step 5 and then it wont let me click where i put the p2ktools. i tried to download the folder again only somewhere else and it still wont work.how do i get it to do this? if you have any help please help!!
you have to get the drivers for the phone, they were posted somewhere on this thread

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > guide: tweaking the moto l6/l7 slvr

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork