User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 21:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > digivox in ireland
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Digivox in Ireland
  Jump to:

Please note that the forum rules have changed. Posting of new codes is no longer allowed. See this thread for more information.
Posted Message
agentg
_
2. July 2007 @ 10:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do you find it better than Starview?
Advertisement
_
__
joey2020
_
2. July 2007 @ 11:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
a lot more stable and faster then Starview. I wouldn't touch another Starview after using digivox.
joey2020
_
2. July 2007 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's just my personal opinion of course. There's a new Starview out now called Starview 2 aka the box which is supposed to be better then the older version.
joey2020
_
2. July 2007 @ 11:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
meant to say it to you mark - you could have bought the r232 cable in any maplin store. You haven't told me where exactly your from? it might help!
mark0288

2 product reviews
_
2. July 2007 @ 12:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
joey im from dublin ireland
joey2020
_
2. July 2007 @ 12:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
same here mark - if you run into any problems flashing your digivox let me know. I can talk you through it on msn or you can ring me if that's easier. Mine is still running fine - it updated itself again this morning.
mark0288

2 product reviews
_
2. July 2007 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
joey i paid 25 euro for mine dos it have to be connected all the time to the computer or once u load the programe it runs its self looking for a update
joey2020
_
2. July 2007 @ 12:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hook it up to your pc/laptop and then load the software - it takes about 2 minutes - once its updated u can take the cable back off and it will update itself after that. Just make sure u have it switched on at least once a day in order for it to be able to update itself - if u leave it unpluged and there's say 3 code changes since it was last plugged in it will struggle to find that many code changes. you'll probably see a message on the screen with counting from 0% to anything up to 500% it differs each time. Don't ever interrupt it while its doing that otherwise the code won't finish updating. Again the updating message should only take a minute or 2.
joey2020
_
2. July 2007 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
by the way - the r232 cable is only ?16.95 in maplins. Never mind eh?!
mark0288

2 product reviews
_
2. July 2007 @ 12:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry joey which do u use as u know i use a digvox and not to please so far was thing of buying a eurovox but paid 250 for the digivox trying to sell my digivox for a eurovox
agentg
_
2. July 2007 @ 14:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my mate is selling digivoxs for 250, is that expensive, its 100 more than the Starview
mark0288

2 product reviews
_
2. July 2007 @ 14:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
agente thats the going rate buy im not happy with mine buy a eurovox them better well so ive being told mate
agentg
_
2. July 2007 @ 15:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks buddy

1 product review
_
3. July 2007 @ 00:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys does any body know if the digivox's work in chorus mmds area, ?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. July 2007 @ 01:54

joey2020
_
3. July 2007 @ 02:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mark the reason your digivox is playing up is because you have the wrong version of software on it. The eurovox has been around a long time and although it is a good box the software can take up to 2 days to update and the fact that its been around so long there's question marks over how much longer there's going to be updates/support for it.
joey2020
_
3. July 2007 @ 02:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MAINAMN - am I right in thinking mmds is the digital version of chorus? small digital aerial on the roof job?

1 product review
_
3. July 2007 @ 03:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by joey2020:
MAINAMN - am I right in thinking mmds is the digital version of chorus? small digital aerial on the roof job?

Hi joey, yes its the arial type not 'true' cable. I know that the Starview dosnt work on carlow mmds , so i was just wondering about cork mmds with digivox !

agentg
_
3. July 2007 @ 03:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mark the reason your digivox is playing up is because you have the wrong version of software on it. The eurovox has been around a long time and although it is a good box the software can take up to 2 days to update and the fact that its been around so long there's question marks over how much longer there's going to be updates/support for it.
Joey2020, does that include the eurovox max red??? Or just the old one. How do you rate the eurovox max and Starview 2 to the digivox? I'm torn between the 3.
joey2020
_
3. July 2007 @ 03:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The eurovox max is a relatively new box. Most of these boxes like Starview digivox eurovox etc etc are pretty similar but the difference I've found is in the support. Its no use having a nice flashy box that's working fine for 6 months and then you find its a nightmare to find updated firmware for it. As for which one is the best? Starview 2 is only out a few months so not too many people have them yet so its hard to gauge if they are an improvement over the first Starview - same can probably be said for the eurovox max & digivox but since I've had both Starview 1 and digivox boxes I can say that the digivox (with the latest software flash 4.0) is almost flawless.
joey2020
_
3. July 2007 @ 03:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not 100% about this but I was talking to a guy last weekend that said he had a digivox working on ch*rus mmds - It won't work on normal cable digital with ch*rus though. Just out of curiosity what provider did you set the Starview to when you tried it in Carlow? I'm assuming you had it set upright with the emu turned on?

1 product review
_
3. July 2007 @ 04:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not 100% about this but I was talking to a guy last weekend that said he had a digivox working on ch*rus mmds - It won't work on normal cable digital with ch*rus though. Just out of curiosity what provider did you set the Starview to when you tried it in Carlow? I'm assuming you had it set upright with the emu turned on?
Yea it was set up alright,(tried all providers and nothin ) just couldnt get any channels!. But i was told it was because it had to be true' cable and not mmds !

joey2020
_
3. July 2007 @ 05:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Strange one that. I don't have much dealings with ch*rus mmds thankfully but if the digivox worked for that other guy I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work in Cork or anywhere else for that matter. So long as its set up correctly - you'd be amazed how many people flash new boxes and don't know how to turn the emu option on - and they wonder why they can't receive any channels!

1 product review
_
3. July 2007 @ 05:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea I know. it was flashed ok cause it was my box which I took down to carlow.! Anyway if u hear of any more info let me know. thanks..

joey2020
_
3. July 2007 @ 07:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can't understand why it didn't work on cable ch*rus - if there's updated codes available for cable ch*orus then obviously its working somewhere. Maybe its just with the Starview boxes it doesn't work. It goes back to what I said earlier - that guy I spoke to was using a digivox so maybe you need to buy or borrow one to give it a try.
Advertisement
_
__

_
oliveoil
_
3. July 2007 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi there,

I been using the digivox for about a while now and working very well. I bought it already flashed and think it has the new firmware loaded coz I don't have to keep updating with new codes.

However, I recently lost the sound on a few stations......anybody any ideas? Appreciate any help. This forum been very useful!
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > digivox in ireland

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork