User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 03:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > xbox error codes explained- go here first!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
cearel
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
29. September 2006 @ 19:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey i would get aid 3.0 and run configmagic off it to lock ur hdd

Advertisement
_
__
RadBrad
_
7. October 2006 @ 14:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay how do I get it my xbox fixed this posting on the internet said "Select the option, Create MS Backup, which will backup the entire contents of your C:\ to E:\backup\MS" I did that then it said " Now select the option, Create Mod Backup, which will backup your EEPROM.

If you do not backup your c:\ and your EEPROM, recovering your console if something does go awry will be incredibly hard or impossible.
I could not get to that point.[below]because it shut down my xbox and then it popped up "13 Call Customer Support"

Once you have backed up both the C:\ and EEPROM, select Install Softmod. This will mod your system. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR SYSTEM. Let the mod install, when it finishes you'll notice that the installation prompt and status bar have disappeared.

NEED HELP IMMIEDIATLY!!!!!!"
regime
_
7. October 2006 @ 14:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PUNANI!!
drezown
Suspended permanently
_
9. October 2006 @ 04:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i was soft moddind my xbox then i messed up and i have error 13 bbut i cant connect 2 xbox live it says troble shoot the connection but i have no dashboard someone help me=(
drezown
Suspended permanently
_
9. October 2006 @ 04:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
another thing i tried 2 do was do the hotswap but i failed so when i go down to my cousins house he a computer freak im hoping he can do it but if anyone has a faster way tell me

afterfase
_
18. October 2006 @ 04:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm getting the screen, "your xbox needs service" but no error code is popping up. Some members of this forum tried to help me in my post but they sent me to this thread. Here is a link to my thread:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/408399

There is a photo there of my TV with the screen, "your xbox needs service" and no error code is coming up. How do I fix this? Any help appreciated.
cearel
_
18. October 2006 @ 10:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok ill reply there

pimpin12
_
18. October 2006 @ 13:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a soft modded xbox and i wanted to play on live with my mods so i tried to restore my ms dashbord but now when i turn on my xbox i get error 16 with or with out a game in or the tray in or out all i can do is look at a screen with error 16 so can someone help

jake martin
_
18. October 2006 @ 17:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
2. This is the more easy and newbie friendly strategy
-Get a friend with a modded xbox.
-Unlock his hdd with eeprom management from a slayer evo-x cd.
-Than, place his hdd in your xbox.
-Boot with your chip on.
-Now the xbox DOES find a dashboard when you boot in original mode and you can set the time in the msdashboard clock settings.
-Shut off xbox and remove your friends hdd
-PLace his hdd back in his xbox and lock it again
-Install your hdd
-(clock has been set) So boot up with slayer cd.
-Install normally whatever you wanna install
-lock hdd

or do a hotswap
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766

cearel
_
19. October 2006 @ 04:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea he said it was softmoded. Just do the hotwap its easer then ppl make it sound

pimpin12
_
19. October 2006 @ 11:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanx now it works but i still cant my ms dashboard up to play on live

jake martin
cearel
_
19. October 2006 @ 18:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what dash are u booting to??

pimpin12
_
20. October 2006 @ 11:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
unlesh x

jake martin
cearel
_
20. October 2006 @ 19:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just FTP over the ms dash sre u sure u have one??

_
23. October 2006 @ 16:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have some problems with a Thomson drive. The xbox made a weird noise and i unplug the cord. Opened up the xbox and the dvd drive smelt like something was burned. Its not black or anything. When i turn it back on with everything connected the xbox logo came up then the microsoft then the repair require poped up and theres no error code. Any help. And if i mod a dvd drive and plug it in would it probably work?
dvd drive
http://www.paccforce.de/tutorials/Tutorial_TS-H352.pdf
thx
_
23. October 2006 @ 16:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It should work, but do you speak German?

_
23. October 2006 @ 16:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nope. Cant find a english version but the pictures will do
_
23. October 2006 @ 16:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does it say it need a modchip installed, or if a different firmware is require, if anyone here knows german
_
23. October 2006 @ 16:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well from my experience with these things usually you need a modchip if you go and mess with parts, but you might not need to.

_
23. October 2006 @ 17:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
doesnt work...unless firmware or something else i have to do... the error page still show up.
_
23. October 2006 @ 17:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why you did it already?

_
23. October 2006 @ 17:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nvm it works,thx

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. October 2006 @ 20:21

darthmod
_
28. October 2006 @ 17:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
please help me im having trouble with error 13. Its to do with the wrong kernal or something" I read> I tried to burn a cd making iso win and making the hd maker and tool recovery tool for xbox in slayers cd. I made the cd image rigt and i put it on disk with Nero i did not make an image before i put the burn the image to disk. Do u have to burn the actual iso image to disk first? after u make the iso i thank thats my mistake. My computer boots into the image fine though it sais hd maker and recovery tools" but every time i hit option 3 the pc reboots and wont let me go any further do i have to unlock the hard drive i want to use first before i do this and do i have to have the bios set to load from cd first? I have the set up right i put the hard drive i want to use and set it to primary master and put no other hardrdive in the pc and followed the tut pretty much no results can u please help me im stuck>
cearel
_
28. October 2006 @ 18:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes u have to boot to cd and u do need to unlock the hdd if u want to add or remove files to ulock just do a hotswap

Advertisement
_
__

_
ozman50
_
2. November 2006 @ 00:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
did you read the original post? all you need to do is get a bootable disk that can unlock your hdd and thats its. you should be fine--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have actually tried that. i used evox auto installer, but i still get the message. plus i also tried to make evox dashboard to load straight from cd but still no luck. that is why i was wondering if the chip could be shot. is it possible for a modchip to go bad?? someone told me no but i'm not an expert at electronics but i'm sure they can all go bad.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > xbox error codes explained- go here first!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork