User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 07:41
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > how to: hotswap with xboxhdm v1.9 (super tutorial)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HOW TO: Hotswap with XboxHDM v1.9 (Super Tutorial)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. September 2007 @ 03:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just replace the HDD!

However you need the eeprom, so either get a modchip or build an eeprom reader (see my tutorials).

If you are too lazy to build one, you can get them on eBay!

Advertisement
_
__
joela
_
27. September 2007 @ 03:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright cool, thanks a lot!
gazelle02
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
14. October 2007 @ 13:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When i clicked the link to download xboxhdm.rar and downloaded and extracted it ithad empty C and E folders in the linux folder are empty and in the instructions on here it shows there should be stuff in them. I cant redownload, and i dont think that would even fix the problem. What should i do? Do you have the full version zipped you could send me?

Kiss me, im Geekish.
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. October 2007 @ 20:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No, you fill those folders with the files you need!

The C:\ will contain an MS Dash (Found in my software section) and the E:\ is only if you have applications you are transferring from another Xbox!

gte206w
_
19. October 2007 @ 00:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the guide, it worked very well for me. I was able to recreate the hdd from scratch using xboxhdm, but there is one thing that still is not working.

When I reintroduce the hdd to the xbox and power it on, i get to the big X and then it just power cycles and repeats the process? Would you have any insight as to why that was?

Thanks again for your efforts!
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. October 2007 @ 02:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Seems strange!

Try it again, maybe it didn't install correctly!

Did you use all new files? I provide them in my software page!

dreddly
_
27. October 2007 @ 14:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I am trying the error 12 way to unlock the hard drive, it is detected fine in my bios, and I boot to xboxhdm, but it continues to tell me the drive is locked. Any ideas? I have tried after the microsoft logo as well, but with the same results.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. October 2007 @ 21:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Induce the error 12, load XboxHDM, wait until the first screen, THEN plug the Xbox HDD into the PC. Wait a minute for the drive to be detected and you should be fine!

dreddly
_
4. November 2007 @ 17:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok,

I wait until the option screen (1-4) and I plug the xbox hard drive in and then I get the 'disk error, boot failed' screen.

I have tried 3 different versions of the XBOXHDM cd's (2 freshly burned) and I know the one image is working, because I have used it in the past. Also, if I let it reboot and detect the drive XBOXHDM will load up properly, but the drive will be locked.

I have also checked the jumper settings on the cd drive (it is slave) and the xbox hard drive (it is master with slave connected).

I am so close now, but I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong ...

thanks for all the help btw, I am thinking I just need to buy a eeprom reader, to make my life easier...
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. November 2007 @ 21:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Don't quote me on this, but I think the HDD has to be on it's own IDE channel...

dude327
_
5. November 2007 @ 05:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PLEASE HELP!
I have followed this tutorial to a T. When I run the Build XBOX HD from scratch, I seem to be getting something different than I should.
I have an unmodded xbox 1.0. When Your screen shot shows the Program saying:
We will now search /dev/hda for an xbox partition table...
No xbox partition table found on /dev/hda

Warning! If this is not a blank drive and you continue to write the partition table - all data will be lost
Continue writing partition?__

Instead of seeing this I am seeing the following:
No xbox partition table found on /dev/hda

Drive is not locked but locking is enabled
Dont reboot until you have built a working xbox HDD
since rebooting will relock the drive.
Press any key to abort the operation...

It then just sits there until i type in anything... which takes me back to the screen where you select an option (1-8).

So I am unable to have the program go through the process of setting up the xbox hd from scratch.

Do you have any ideas that might help? The unit is unmodded & just started giving error 16, which is what prompted this attempt to salvage the system.
jasperR
_
6. November 2007 @ 11:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
when I disconect de DVD drive and power up my Xbox.
I get a error 10.

can somebody tel me how I can get a error 12 so I can hotswap my Xbox

the original error is 16 so I hope it wil help when I do a hotswap.
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. November 2007 @ 21:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm going to write a new tutorial for Error 16.

Please be patient!

**EDIT**

Error 16 tutorial has been completed, please refer to my tutorials for the location!

;)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. November 2007 @ 07:28

iknowuc
_
19. November 2007 @ 22:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
wen i get to this screen

and type 1 it says invalid

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. November 2007 @ 02:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your HDD may not be unlocked or you have a corrupt disc. Try the process again, paying special attention to the unlocking procedure! If still no luck burn a new disc from scratch!

dude327
_
20. November 2007 @ 12:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You were right. My drive was not fully unlocked. I found very strange results with the unlock program. It worked only after running hdunlock from DOS, and then hddisab. I think the tutorial was unclear maybe about the unlocking, or I was in too much of a hurry. If you just do the hdunlock, without the disabl, you will not be able to complete the drive creation.
vernonjr
_
20. November 2007 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, I appreciate the tutorial, but I am having a problem. When I hotswap and start up my computer I get an error message that says "Primary harddisk error". Any suggestions? If I do the hotswap after the linux cd it'll say "no disk drive found." Thanks for the help!
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. November 2007 @ 21:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like a BIOS issue, have a look for anything that may be stopping it!

vernonjr
_
20. November 2007 @ 22:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got it to work! Thanks so much for the help you saved mine and a friends xboxes! For those who were experiencing a problem like mine, where the xboxhd wasn't recognizing your harddrive try actually turning the computer on, and then pressing the pause/break key before your bios look for drives installed. At that point do the hotswap. For whatever reason, the pc couldn't be off when I tried it, yet I couldn't plug the xbox in as late as the linux cd. Thanks a lot! I would edit the main tutorial to add this little tidbit. I think some pc's do ok when the xbox hd is plugged in before power is on, but other pc's the power has to be on first, yet the xbox hd has to be plugged in before the bios look for it.
NwbSpank
_
21. November 2007 @ 01:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hello, i bought a new xbox which replaced my previous softmodded one with a 120 gb hd....i want that 120 hd to be in my new xbox...my xbox isnt modded yet and i first did this tutorial thinking i wouldnt need a xbox....

http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?t=10323

i did that and it was successful and my 120 hd is now unlocked and able to to use with my cpu...

buy now if found this tut and when i got to the part you press "1" for the vga console, it froze and went to a picture of a linux penguin and underneath were my devices showing up...after a while, it goes to another screen and i typed " xboxhd"....it thens says "/dev/hda not connected, and plz reboot and connect to primary master"...plz help!!!

Modded Ipod 5g 30 GB (Wii Theme)
Modded XboX Xenium Gold 120 GB HD EvoX (Blew Up) :(
NwbSpank
_
21. November 2007 @ 02:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok i did the pause/break thing and its now done and i upgraded my hard drive from 8 gb to 120 gb...but now i get a error 5 message...any suggestions?

AfterDawn Addict
_
21. November 2007 @ 05:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Error 5 is the HDD is unlocked, you need to re-lock it to work!

@ vernonjr

Awesome find dude, this could be the key to troublesome BIOSs.

Added to Troubleshooter and attached tutorials!

;)

NwbSpank
_
21. November 2007 @ 10:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how can i relock it to work, can you plz tell me, i need my xbox by evening....

dude327
_
21. November 2007 @ 12:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Use that same linux cd you have used. At the prompt, select boot to DOS with locking/unlocking capabilities. When in DOS, type at the command prompt:
lockhd
then hit enter. it should ask you for your locking password... (which you have already right?).
Enter your code and it should be locked. Then plug the hdd back into the xbox, power off and reboot. You should be good to go.
Advertisement
_
__

_
iknowuc
_
21. November 2007 @ 16:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok i will try to burn a new disc

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > how to: hotswap with xboxhdm v1.9 (super tutorial)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork