User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 20:29
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > doesn't anyone use the guides before posting "how-to" questions?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Doesn't anyone use the guides before posting "how-to" questions?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. December 2004 @ 11:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
click on edit, click on preferences, set size in the drop down menu(custom), then click on file I/O tab and check enable burn with Nero..

BTW, make sure you have "Shrink 3.2"

GO VOLS !
Advertisement
_
__
jasonst
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
11. December 2004 @ 17:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello.. I am trying to burn pirates of the caribbean. i used scuba's guide but have encounter a problem. I recieved a message about volume lock on my burner i think... i have a sony dru 510a with updated firmware. i selected the cancel button and it started to burn the movie anyway. i am wondering if anyone else has this issue. also if i have two dvd drives do i need to create a folder for my movies to go into on the hdd?
fgreco
_
11. December 2004 @ 18:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok I did all of that thanks by the way. now everything is going right until I have to burn the disk the dycrypter software isnt recognizing that I have a blank dvd in the drive. the computer recognizez the disk when I exit decrypter.
do you have any information for me I have a lite-on Dvd+rw 8x drive.

thanks.

frank greco
ScubaPete
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. December 2004 @ 18:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Howdy jasonst, welcome to aD,

I don't recall any problem with Pirates but if there is something then rip it with DVD Decrypter in the "File", "Mode" -

HINT: If you are going to burn with DVD Decrypter, DON'T FORGET TO - go back to DVD Decrypter after ripping, to reset the "Mode" from "File" to "ISO - Write".

Quote:
. I recieved a message about volume lock on my burner I think
You'll need to be more specific. What were you doing exactly were you doing (or more precisely, what was the proggy doing when the error appeared) and exactly what did the error say ?
Quote:
i have two dvd drives do I need to create a folder for my movies to go into on the hdd?
You MUST go from a drive to your HD anytime you need to rip a proggy. The only time you can rip "on the fly" is when you're making a copy from a copy -

Cheers,

Pete

The ?Old Man? Pete (ö¿ô)

Your DVD answers are at ScubaPete's DVD Backup Corner ~>

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html
jasonst
_
11. December 2004 @ 18:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol...of course i cant remember what it said when i need too.. i was out for dinner when it occured. it is on 79% completion now and i will test soon. thnx for the welcome. this has been a frusterating week. after months of using compusa 1x and 4x media, i now am having many freeze issues with my standalone player. i was using xcopy express for two years with no issues. i found this site and triues using DVD Shrink w/ dvd decryptor. i did not burn on the fly. however i did not creat a folder on my hdd. i will include my log.

where it states aborted is where the volume thing happened. i was pissed so i aborted. however i clicked read and it started to read.

I 16:40:37 DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.1.0 started!
I 16:40:37 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 16:40:37 Initialising SPTI...
I 16:40:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 16:40:37 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD±RW!
I 16:40:37 Operation Started!
I 16:40:37 Source File: C:\PIRATES_OF_THE_CARRIBEAN.ISO
I 16:40:37 Source File Sectors: 2,227,473 (MODE1/2048)
I 16:40:37 Source File Size: 4,561,864,704 bytes
I 16:40:37 Destination Device: [1:1:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-510A 1.1a (E:) (ATA)
I 16:40:37 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: PRINCO) (Speeds: 1x)
I 16:40:37 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496
I 16:40:37 Write Mode: DVD
I 16:40:37 Write Speed: 1x
I 16:40:37 Test Mode: No
I 16:40:38 BURN-Proof: Enabled
E 22:33:12 Operation Aborted! - Duration: 05:52:34
I 22:33:12 Average Write Rate: N/A - Maximum Write Rate: N/A
I 22:33:24 Operation Started!
I 22:33:24 Source File: C:\PIRATES_OF_THE_CARRIBEAN.ISO
I 22:33:24 Source File Sectors: 2,227,473 (MODE1/2048)
I 22:33:24 Source File Size: 4,561,864,704 bytes
I 22:33:24 Destination Device: [1:1:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-510A 1.1a (E:) (ATA)
I 22:33:24 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: PRINCO) (Speeds: 1x)
I 22:33:24 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496
I 22:33:24 Write Mode: DVD
I 22:33:24 Write Speed: 1x
I 22:33:24 Test Mode: No
I 22:33:24 BURN-Proof: Enabled
W 22:33:57 [1:1:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-510A 1.1a (E:) (ATA) - Selected Write Speed: 1,385 KB/s (1x)
W 22:33:57 [1:1:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-510A 1.1a (E:) (ATA) - Actual Write Speed: 4,234 KB/s (3.1x)
I 22:34:07 Filling Buffer...
I 22:34:09 Writing LeadIn...
I 22:35:38 Writing Image...
jasonst
_
11. December 2004 @ 18:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i am sorry, i clicked write and it started to write. not read. it was already read.
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. December 2004 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
fgreco,

If you are burning with Decrypter you need to UNcheck enable burn with Nero. If you're telling it to burn with decrypter and burn with Nero, it can't do both. I think that may clear up your problem.

Here is a shrink guide I wrote that is pretty simple and basic, if you want to take a look. It shows how to edit, custom compress, and auto burn with Nero or decrypter so shrink is the only program you have to use(open).

http://cgi.tripod.com/321ripforum/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=Shrink;action=display;num=1094746394

GO VOLS !
ScubaPete
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. December 2004 @ 19:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Well jasonst, it LQQks like "Lady Luck" has just left the "Building" :>(

It surely appears that those Princo's are biting you in the butt (Lol). If you check your symptoms, they fit he classic mold of cheap DVD media. That cheap quality will do just that :(

Let's take Memorex as an excellent example as DVD media goes, 90% of Memorex, made by CMC, is sub-standard as far as DVD backups are concerned, figures as high as 50% coasters have been reported (One member bought a stack of 50 and got 23 good burns.), not what I would call an impressive record. Memorex made a name for itself with their magnetic tapes (VHS and audio cassettes) and have been living off it ever since. There are 4 different companies that manufacture Memorex DVD's BTW and product quality varies widely as you might imagine. Only 10% of the Memorex out there, those are discs manufactured by Mitsubishi in the 25 pack spindle , and they're the exception - they are the good ones. It's easy to see now why the quality of a big-named company can't be trusted - " Who's making your Memorex tonight ?"

Is it just Memorex ? No ! I just used Memorex as an example, Princo, Orange Pack, Great AZO and most "store" discs aren't all that suitable as a DVD backup media - that's why we are specific in the type of media we are recommending.

1. * Cheap media freezes, skips, pixelats and may refuse to be recognized by both burners and players
:>( Besides "Freezing", "skips" many times you'll get a "Cyclic Redundancy error" or an "I/O error". This message can mean that your discs are scratched or dirty, it can also mean that your burner won't accept your "cheap" media :>(
Another problem which, "Pops up" is a "*Power Calibration Error". This can stop you right in your tracks and most often is caused by, Yep, you guessed it, inexpensive media. *A "Power Calibration Error" can also be attributed to the Optical Components of a DVD Writer, though this isn't usually the case.

Orange Pack, Princo, Great AZO and 90% of Memorex plus many others are just not that good for DVD burning. Those same discs however, are quite good for your MP3 music, picture archives, Spread sheets and Data..Even DataSafe G04's made by Ritek have been reported as an inferior quality media and are evoking that "Oh no, I shouldn't have gotten those."

What we are suggesting is to download this DVD Identifier to find out who manufactured your DVD and if it's a decent quality.

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Once you have your disc identified, click the "More information" icon and see what information you're given. if you're not sure of the quality, come on back and we'll check it out for you -

2. A good grade, Hi-quality media is needed for DVD reproduction ! RiData, Sony, TDK, "Branded" Ritek G04's or "Branded" Verbatim Data Life, Verbatim DataLife plus, Taiyo Yuden's and generally, almost any discs manufactured by Mitsubishi or RICOH are excellent bets. :) Among the better discs we're looking for, any media boasting "Advanced Metal AZO" - BUT it must say "METAL" AZO !, this indicates a superior dye and dye application on a good composite disc, while they are sometimes a bit "pricey" they are just the type of media we're looking for to do our DVD backups, Prices online from Meritline.com OR Newegg.com have gotten Ritek G04 starting at about a $ .45 (USD) a disc :D)

For DVD backups, purchasing inexpensive media or even average media is a gamble, some people win BUT the majority lose, they lose varying amounts true but, they still lose :-(

Using good grade media can guarantee you one thing to an absolute certainty; it surely cannot hurt.

In an effort to clear the air, when I speak of "Cheap" or "Inexpensive" media, I'm not referring to the price you pay at the counter - I'm referring to poor quality control used during manufacturing and the quality of the dye, dye application or composite type used. I'm not saying it won't burn - Some may burn, some may not. It's quality is inconsistent, meaning it's not dependable. To make matters worse, many times the discs that you do burn may play in your PC BUT your standalone player may not accept them - what good then is a backup DVD that cannot be watched on a DVD player ?

When I say "Branded," that means that when you pick up a disc in your hand, it says "Ritek" or "RiData" on the disc itself. The monetary cost of the media we recommend many times is cheaper than what you are purchasing now.

We like to verify our information prior to recommending things. There are certain things we look at. For instance, when their dye and dye application are listed as unknown, this almost guarantees us they are using whatever they can get at a cheap price. Companies that use quality materials like to BRAG about it, naming names and staying with quality manufacturers who produce their media.

Using DVD identifier and MediaMatch can help you find out a lot about what you're using. Purchasing your DVD media online can insure that you're getting quality merchandise at a good price. Shopping wisely will save you time, aggravation and money. :)

There are some "tricks" that might help you sneak some of the junky stuff through -

HOT TIPS for your POOR MEDIA:
1. Here's a good fix. Compress your DVD to somewhere around 4.3GB instead of the recommended 4360MB. I.e., Go into DVD Shrink, "Edit", "Preferences" then set the "DVD Target Size" to "Custom" and enter 4300MB as the size. Reducing the amount of Data to be burned it keeps your burning away from the disc's edges where the dye on poor quality DVD discs tends to be uneven and may even be brittle and flaking.

2. You may reduce the number of errors and "artifacts" (the "freezing", "skipping" and other picture abnormalities) when burning poor media by burning at a reduced speed. It has been my experience that burning at 2.4X will succeed where faster burns will not. Don't be surprised if you have to burn at 1X. Some discs you're lucky to have it burn DVD Video at all. It will take longer but what the heck, you're saving money with those "Cheap" discs, who cares about time when you're saving $$$$ (Lol). Since you're compressing more it might be wise to burn just the movie, the less you burn the better the quality sooo, movie only, please.

The "Magic cleaning" technique: Try cleaning your DVD discs. Yea, I know they're new and clean but do it anyway. Do it a few seconds before inserting it into your DVD tray, use a disc cleaner, eyeglass cleaning solution or 99% Isopropyl Alcohol and a soft cotton cloth and rub-a-dub, dub. As soon as you're finished, "Pop" it into your DVD tray and fire up your program. You would be surprised how many times your disc is now "seen" :-)

Some more information (sorry, not anything good) about cheap media -

FAIR WARNING. . . Using that "Cheap" media, your backups might not last all that long -

One thing I haven't addressed is the life of a backup made on an "el cheapo" disc. We all know that data, music and video backups on CD's and DVD's will last forever, well, if not forever for at least 100 yrs or so - That's what we've read and I believed and that's why we backup our treasures to disc, so that they'll be safe. "BLAaaaT" (the bone chilling sound of an emergency air horn), Wrong, Dead Wrong ! Don't throw the originals away, you may very well need them. Your video camera tapes and family picture CD's and DVD's, may not be there the next time you want to look at them. "Point of fact," inferior discs have a tendency to "Break down]" in time. In a very short time, we're talking disc can breakdown in less than a single year, in as little as 6 to 8 months.

This article was written about CD discs but DVD discs are exactly the same. I was miss-informed and this opened my eyes. Perhaps you'll find it as important as I did.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/story.jsp?story=513486

My personal observations on this subject -
I have had about 40 backups that have refused to play after being stored for a year or more. I test all of my backups when they are burnt to be very sure that there are no problems. "In the Golden, Olden times," before I knew any better, the Memorex, Maxell and professional "Store Brand" discs (and any thing that was on sale) was what used before I switched to Ritek and Verbatim. It is the poor quality stuff that I have been experiencing my trouble with. I noticed that backup DVD's I had refused to play in my standalone player and on my PC. VOB files wouldn't play either and other discs that I backed up about the same time would "Freeze" part way through the movie. After switching to Verbatim and Ritek's, mostly the Ritek's because the price was right, I've not had 1 go "Flat" in over 1 ½ years. I still have some backups about 90 of them done on the "cheap stuff" and, as time wears on I lose a few more as I attempt to check them. I say to you, why did a backup play fine in "01"and "02" then "fail" in "03 ?? Some that were done in "01" never made it till "02" (it took me some time to learn, lol) and others done about the same time and "Failed" in "04"? Most of my backups from around December of "02" were done on the "good Stuff" and they still work fine today - not a single failure !

As always, you have a choice -

Cheers,

The ?Old Man? Pete (ö¿ô)

AfterDawn Addict
_
11. December 2004 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey Pete, long time no talk, I sent ya a PM. Merry Xmas buddy!

GO VOLS !
jasonst
_
12. December 2004 @ 03:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well pete, thanks for the info. i am going out today and do a few test on media. i do have some "tdk 2x -r" i am going to use. the next time i get the volume lock i will post what it says. it has happened two x's but the movie came out great. compusa media is outta here!!! thsnks and i will keep in touch.
fgreco
_
12. December 2004 @ 12:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks scuba and bigorante that help alot but, now my dvd drive wont read -r disks so I need to get firmware do any of you know the best place for this and how to install it. thanks

frank greco
ScubaPete
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. December 2004 @ 14:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Hi fgreco,

Yes, Firmware would be my first step -

1. Let's check for up-to-date Firmware for your burner.

"OK, so what is this "Firmware" garbage?" Fair question. Firmware is a "tutor" who's job it is to eliminate any "bugs" found in your drive and to "introduce" your burner to all the different kinds of media to your burner is likely to run into and to tell your burner a little bit about it. What type of media it is and at what speed to burn it. As new media is introduced OR, as the Mfgrs of your burner find new ways to use it, new firmware updates OR "Flash upgrades" come out to "school" your burner, keeping it up-to-date. It's good to keep your burner up-to-date as it "tweaks" your burner and keeps it operating at peak performance.

Of major Importance - When dealing firmware, you must match your burner's exact model with the proper Firmware. Trying to "Flash" your burner with something "Close" won't do it. It must be the exact firmware for your drive. ("Flashing" is what the installation is referred to when you put the firmware into your drive.) Trying to "Flash" your drive with some other drive's firmware can ruin your drive.

At the bottom of the page look for "What's my firmware? - Try this little tool I found," Download this tool and check out your Firmware's health (up-to-date wise). You can probably get a current upgrade there also -

http://flashman.rpc-1.com/

Firmware page -

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

Always check your burner's Mfgr's "Support" section to see if some newer Firmware is there -

Firmware, You can't burn without it -

Hope that helps,

Pete

The ?Old Man? Pete (ö¿ô)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. December 2004 @ 14:52

fgreco
_
12. December 2004 @ 17:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If I download it once the free trial is over will I still be able to burn.

that link TRY THIS LITTLE TOOL I FOUND isnt working right now I will check that out tomarrow. Also I have a hewlitt packard so would my dvd brand be HP or another I tried to check but, I can not come up with any other brand that it can be. thanks

frank greco

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. December 2004 @ 17:25

ScubaPete
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. December 2004 @ 13:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

FRANK, YOU HAVE BEEN DOUBLE-POSTING - ASKING ME THE SAME QUESTIONS IN TWO THREADS. STOP POSTING HERE !

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/131880

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. December 2004 @ 13:44

fgreco
_
13. December 2004 @ 16:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was just excited I wanted you to get the post to help. Ok if you dont want me here I will leave.

frank greco
ScubaPete
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. December 2004 @ 19:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Quote:
I was just excited I wanted you to get the post to help
Ok, I sorry I didn't understand - By answering you in one post you got excited and started another - it's a good thing you didn't get more excited, I don't think I could have kept up answering your threads as you can open them faster than I can get to them.

I'm tired now and "m going to bed, I suggest you open 3 or 4 more threads so that I'll have something to do when I wake up.

Oooohhh yes, I forgot my manners, Thank you so much for providing me with something to do - without you, my life would be meaningless -

"G'nite -

PS Don't forget to write and, thanks again -

The ?Old Man? Pete (ö¿ô)

fgreco
_
15. December 2004 @ 11:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Iam sorry for all the stress I put you threw. I didnt have to write any more threads because I am going to take you up on your advice and buy the rite media. I will buy dvd +r disks.

thanks for all you support and I will come back for further questions. thanks agian.

frank greco
mace71299
_
17. December 2004 @ 03:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just want to send a thanks to scubapete for the guide.Just started using shrink and decrypter and your guide made it so easy.Following your guide so far 5 backups 0 coasters.Thanks.
ScubaPete
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. December 2004 @ 19:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

CONGRATS there mace71299, Way to go . . . .

SEASONS GREETINGS :)

Pete

The ?Old Man? Pete (ö¿ô)

_
17. December 2004 @ 22:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello all!

I am new to this forum, and have found it to be a wealth of information. The glossary, and advice on this site is truly amazing.

I needed help with my personal DVD backups, and I did not have to ask a single question. ALL MY QUESTIONS WERE SOLVED JUST BY READING YOUR POSTS!!!

So with that in mind, I wish to extend my personal gratitude to 3 of afterdawns members.

BigOrange
BroBear
ScubaPete

You all have been of extreme help to me, and I just wanted to say thanks. Especially to ScubaPete, as your posts were EXTREMELY detailed and articulate.

Anyway, Thanks again! I think I'm hooked on this site.
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2004 @ 10:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would like to say thanx back at ya. Most never bother to read the threads, they just ask away!

CONGRATS!(if you ever do have a question, don't hesitate) Merry Xmas!

GO VOLS !
ScubaPete
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2004 @ 15:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Well thankie there JXP2307, I'm glad you stopped in -

I hope you know that you're welcome here even if you haven't a problem. LQQk around, check out some of the threads - You'll be surprised at the information you can garner.

Information on "tricks" to get your PC humming faster, settings for your programs, new programs, some for free - some for trial that may save you time - warnings on hardware, S/w or media that might head off headaches for you in the future.

You can make friends here, enjoy helping others - Though you may not feel that you know enough now to contribute, reading threads will add to your knowledge base in no time. Head to the "Safety Valve" forum and chat about any topic under the sun OR check out our forums on Digital Camcorders, Photography, Home Theater components, Games, p2p topics or even Cellular phones.

We'll be lQQking for you -

Me ? Well I'll be over there, behind the water cooler, under the potted Palm, sipping a cool one and answering questions - feel free to stop by and say "Howdy" -

'till then,

SEASONS GREETINGS, :D)

Pete

The ?Old Man? Pete (ö¿ô)

_
20. December 2004 @ 12:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello y'all!

Got a quick question for you. Have you guys any knowledge about Roxio?

My question is, does Roxio conflict with Nero?

Would Roxio cause Nero not to burn properly?

Just curious.
ScubaPete
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. December 2004 @ 15:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Hi JXP2307, welcome to aD,
Quote:
My question is, does Roxio conflict with Nero?
Yep, it sure does !
Quote:
Would Roxio cause Nero not to burn properly?
Absolutely !

Here's a guide for Uninstalling Roxio and Nero,

"WHOAH there partner, I didn't say I wanted to get rid of Nero ~" No, you didn't. BUT if you had Nero on your PC along with Roxio then Nero almost assuredly has a corrupted file or 3. Just in case, so matters don't go "downhill," let's get everything up and running and in perfect shape. To do so, let's do a "CLEAN UNINSTALL" with Nero and then install it in perfect condition.

You say you have Roxio. Roxio is, IMO, the worst program you can have on your PC if you wish to work with DVD Video. It does it's best to trash almost every other DVD backup proggy there is except DVD Shrink. One extremely good program, Nero, is one that Roxio messes with the most. True there are a very few pple who have them both on their PC BUT by far, the vast majority of pple who have had them both on their PC's have had major headaches and have had to get rid of Roxio. As I'm sure any search through our threads will show you it's a wise decision. Even getting rid of Roxio is a problem as it weaves itself all through your system and you require a special proggy to get rid of it even after you've uninstalled it.

We're here because you've probably had trouble burning that can be traced to our archenemy Roxio CD-Creator or one of his henchmen.

The best way to rid our selves of Roxio is remove him through "Control Panel", "Add and Remove Programs".

After you've done that, I'm thinking you haven't gotten all of Roxio, actually you haven't, you need to run this -
Remove all types of Roxio tentacles and tendrils with Roxio Zapper -

Find it here: http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

Once you've done that, reboot your PC to "flush everything out of your PC's system :)

Now, again, you must uninstall Nero COMPLETELY.

This will help you do a "clean" uninstall.

You must use all of Nero's Clean tools in order to do the job correctly.

They can all be found here:

Nero.com/us/631940828445001.htm" class="korostus" target="_blank">http://www.Nero.com/us/631940828445001.htm

General Clean tool
Registry cleaner and driver cleaner
InCD Clean tool

When you reinstall Nero 6 DO NOT install InCD OR if you do, turn it off in msconfig (better to not install it) it can and does cause problems with other proggys

When installing and uninstalling programs it's a good practice complete the operation with a PC reboot. It only takes a minute, help it can, hurt it won't.

Whenever you're uninstalling a program, it's a good practice to reboot your PC (even if it's not called for) to help "Flush" the program out. By the same token, when you install a program, it's a good practice to reboot your PC (even though it doesn't call for it) to help the "New" guy "Settle" it in.

Now that we've done that (I know it's a "Pain" but when it's done correctly the first time and all the steps are followed then we don't have problems AND we don't have to do it all over again.

IF YOU ALL OF THE STEPS (and didn't skip just one that "couldn't possibly" make a bit of difference) THEN, WE SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO - YIPPIEEE ! !

Now let's see how we do -

Pete

The ?Old Man? Pete (ö¿ô)

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. December 2004 @ 15:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MOST DEFINITELY!! In fact Roxio is known to conflict with all other DVD software, but especially Nero. If you are having problems do a clean uninstall and use this tool(Roxio also doesn't like to be removed, besides not playing well with others)

http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

crap!!! slow on the keys,LOL

Merry Xmas Pete!

GO VOLS !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. December 2004 @ 15:25

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > doesn't anyone use the guides before posting "how-to" questions?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork