User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 10:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > digivox in ireland
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Digivox in Ireland
  Jump to:

Please note that the forum rules have changed. Posting of new codes is no longer allowed. See this thread for more information.
Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. October 2008 @ 15:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by brenboy:
have another question....
Is it possible to get this box to run through a home cinema system and get 5.1 effect.

yes do u have an optical in on receiver?
Advertisement
_
__
brenboy
_
20. October 2008 @ 15:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
was offline..
yes have optical in..
So i need a cable yes...
with regards to this, is there multiple connection unit for optical.
my home cinema will not play multi region, and there is no hack for it. so want to hook up a mutli region unit that is HDMI like my TV and home cinema system. any ideas!!
wba88
_
20. October 2008 @ 16:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does anyone in the Dublin region have a usb to serial adaptor that they are willing to sell? Need one asap. PM me
brenboy
_
20. October 2008 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
did you try ebay.ie there are many there
wba88
_
20. October 2008 @ 16:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes but i wanted to get one off someone but before i do test it, because the one i got from maplins just doesnt work
brenboy
_
20. October 2008 @ 16:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
do you need it for digivox
wba88
_
20. October 2008 @ 16:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah
brenboy
_
20. October 2008 @ 16:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what problem are you getting with the cable
wba88
_
20. October 2008 @ 16:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just the flash fails everytime!..so annoying, i mentioned it on page 34
brenboy
_
20. October 2008 @ 16:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ohh yes see it now..Was the same for me in maplins. But i needed a null cable and got a rs232 from them. Sorrydon't know who has one. Try and make contact with cactikid online here. THink may be able to help you.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. October 2008 @ 18:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
was offline..
yes have optical in..
So i need a cable yes...
my home cinema will not play multi region, and there is no hack for it. so want to hook up a mutli region unit that is HDMI like my TV and home cinema system. any ideas!!
the optical lead is a single connector to each box,however some times u run out of holes to plug into u can get a toslink connector 3 into 1.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. October 2008 @ 18:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by wba88:
Does anyone in the Dublin region have a usb to serial adaptor that they are willing to sell? Need one asap. PM me

the problem with usb adaptors is they are not 100% reliable,i saw usb adaptors in a pc shop called dawn micro in goatstown,boxes are flashed easier with null modem do a google search for skywonder in uk
wba88
_
20. October 2008 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a null modem but no connection for it on either pc or laptop. should i get another usb adapter but from skywonder this time?
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. October 2008 @ 19:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a null modem but no connection for it on either pc or laptop. should i get another usb adapter but from skywonder this time?

ever thought of getting a serial port on pc as some can be fitted,if
u r in a hurry give the pc shop a ring,or skywonder if u r not in a hurry 2 days.
wba88
_
20. October 2008 @ 19:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
think ill just order a usb adapter from skywonder after i bring this one back to maplins. just hope it will work then!! thanks lads for all the help
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. October 2008 @ 14:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok,they must have a lot of wrong cables lol
brenboy
_
21. October 2008 @ 15:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cactikid:
was offline..
yes have optical in..
So i need a cable yes...
the optical lead is a single connector to each box,however some times u run out of holes to plug into u can get a toslink connector 3 into 1.
brenboy
_
21. October 2008 @ 15:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
I got digital optical cable, but im not getting 5.1 effect. only front speakers. Im i doing something wrong?
brenboy
_
21. October 2008 @ 15:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its ok..sorted it..
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. October 2008 @ 20:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its ok..sorted it..

sounds better already lol
wba88
_
3. November 2008 @ 06:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey, got a new cable messed around with com ports for a while and finally got it flashed. it wouldnt find any channels with v4000 so had to reflash it with v3200 and now it is working but im only getting around 60 channels....is this the norm? thought i would have more??
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. November 2008 @ 15:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey, got a new cable messed around with com ports for a while and finally got it flashed. it wouldnt find any channels with v4000 so had to reflash it with v3200 and now it is working but im only getting around 60 channels....is this the norm? thought i would have more??

ok something not right if u have a digivox t firmware=v3200 only.
digivox silver box firmware= v2800 or v4000 only.
digivox xl black box firmware =v1220 only.
be carefull u only use files for the type of box u have as files are not box interchangeable.
wba88
_
3. November 2008 @ 15:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

be carefull u only use files for the type of box u have as files are not box interchangeable.

http://www.iwantabox.com/product_detail.php?pid=192&bnrid=56

this is it. i put 4000 on it but it couldnt find any channels so i found a 3200 on 4shared and used that and it is working but only with 60 odd channels, should i reflash to 2800??
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. November 2008 @ 19:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

this is it. i put 4000 on it but it couldnt find any channels so i found a 3200 on 4shared and used that and it is working but only with 60 odd channels, should i reflash to 2800??

the digivox t is the link u posted it is the one u have yes,there is only one file u can use for that box v3200,that box is a dvb/t box only suited for mmds c****s,aerial on roof,
if u had cable n*l or c****s u would need a dvb/c box.
that is why we need all info as wrong or missing info can be fatal.
Advertisement
_
__

_
wba88
_
3. November 2008 @ 19:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

the digivox t is the link u posted it is the one u have yes,there is only one file u can use for that box v3200,that box is a dvb/t box only suited for mmds c****s,aerial on roof,
if u had cable n*l or c****s u would need a dvb/c box.
that is why we need all info as wrong or missing info can be fatal.

Yeah your right i have chor** mmds with the aerial, so am i getting the right amount of channels?
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > digivox in ireland

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork