User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 19:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > dbox in ireland
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Dbox In Ireland
  Jump to:

Posted Message
habcat
_
18. October 2006 @ 15:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just a few quick questions.

What is the best Dbox to use in Ireland (Chorus area), Nokia or Sagem?
What is the best Image file to use?
Will I need to use a Ireland specific services.xml file

I will be very greatfull for any information posted.

Thanks.
Advertisement
_
__
habcat
_
19. October 2006 @ 13:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Could also do with the newbies guide if anybody would like to help.
akadermok
_
9. November 2006 @ 05:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would also be interested to know.

Also could someone tell me,
What is the difference between a DBox I and a DBox II?
turnejsj8
_
9. November 2006 @ 10:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think the dbox I is much harder to flash and i think i seen some where that said that you cant connect the dbox I to your computer

s.kelly
habcat
_
16. November 2006 @ 07:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by habcat:
Just a few quick questions.

What is the best Dbox to use in Ireland (Chorus area), Nokia or Sagem?
What is the best Image file to use?
Will I need to use a Ireland specific services.xml file

I will be very greatfull for any information posted.

Thanks.
To answer some of my own questions:

Doesn't really matter so long as it is a dBox II.
Nokias are a bit more expensive.

I updated from Sporster to Commando 5 and had no problems after that.

Could not find a services file. But I pulled the SR, FREQ and ID, information from the engineers menue of my subscription box. Plugged it into the dBox and all chanels came in.

Happy days!
MOBBY
_
3. December 2006 @ 05:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
any chance you could supply me with that info. Could not get my Dbox woking on Chorus ony services file i had was for NTL
habcat
_
3. December 2006 @ 22:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by MOBBY:
any chance you could supply me with that info. Could not get my Dbox woking on Chorus ony services file i had was for NTL
What exact info do you want?
MOBBY
_
5. December 2006 @ 03:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Could you send me the image you have for your Dbox and chorus. The dbox I have has a image that only works on NTL. I need a services file for chorus Ire. If not do you have the chrous freq might get it working if i can get that.
dmcg88
_
5. December 2006 @ 10:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey,
I could also do with the SR, FREQ and ID for the chorus area. I dont have an original chorus box so cant check these on the engineer menu! And do I need to use the commando image as i currently have sportster 1.75 installed?
Cheers
liam52
_
6. December 2006 @ 01:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can anyone help keep getting error no channels were found pls copy service.xml and bouquets.xml and rescan, and when i rescan it does the same any ideas
benifa
_
6. December 2006 @ 04:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am considering getting a Nokia dbox2 for use with NTL in Waterford. Does anybody have experience with this? What channels am I likely to receive? Thanks a mil.
habcat
_
6. December 2006 @ 06:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by MOBBY:
Could you send me the image you have for your Dbox and chorus. The dbox I have has a image that only works on NTL. I need a services file for chorus Ire. If not do you have the chrous freq might get it working if i can get that.
Any current image should work. Images are not area specific, service files are. I am using commando, but see no reason why any current image that you can do a quick scan on will not work.

I do not know the engineering data for each chorus area. You must get that from the installation menu of the subscription digital box.

Turn fast scan on, input the data, and scan.
habcat
_
6. December 2006 @ 06:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dmcg88:
Hey,
I could also do with the SR, FREQ and ID for the chorus area. I dont have an original chorus box so cant check these on the engineer menu! And do I need to use the commando image as i currently have sportster 1.75 installed?
Cheers
These are different for each chorus area, you will have to find them locally. I would advise getting a basic subscription box as only then can you be sure that the signal is present and strong enough. Any current image should work. Am not familiar with sporster 1.75. Ver 1.73 would not work for me.
habcat
_
6. December 2006 @ 06:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by liam52:
can anyone help keep getting error no channels were found pls copy service.xml and bouquets.xml and rescan, and when i rescan it does the same any ideas
Again as above, you need to input the correct Id, Freq, and symbol rate data, and do a quick scan.
habcat
_
6. December 2006 @ 06:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by benifa:
I am considering getting a Nokia dbox2 for use with NTL in Waterford. Does anybody have experience with this? What channels am I likely to receive? Thanks a mil.
Should get all channels.

I came accross a file for the waterford area in my searches.
Not sure how current it is.
If you PM me your email address I will send it to you.
handrail
_
10. December 2006 @ 10:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
interested in getting a dbox2, living in dublin,where's the best place to get a dbox and what software do i need installed on it before i buy one. then when i buy one what do i have to do to get it to recieve ntl channels.if anybody has a guide out there i would be grateful. email- andresenior@msn.com
benifa
_
12. December 2006 @ 04:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It should work with NTL in Dublin. I'm in the south east myself, I'm waiting for my Dbox2 to arrive from an ebay seller in Germany..I'll keep you posted on the results.. You need to get the files for your area in order to get the channels..
eoin_oc
_
12. December 2006 @ 08:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all,

Using nokia dbox with commando 6 just outside London.

I can get RTE 1 & 2 on the menu but can not view the picture or see the sound.

Is there anyway of unlocking this?

Does anyone have a services file for Ulster - maybe that would work?

Many thanks
benifa
_
22. December 2006 @ 04:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all..

Just received my Dbox2 from Germany (UK image Sportster)..
Done a service scan, seem to have all the channels, so I've saved the service.xml and bouquet.xml on my PC for safekeeping..
Is there a program I can use to edit the bouquet.xml so as to re-organise the order in which channels are listed, and secondly, to delete channels that I don't want, such as adult channels?..

Many thanks..
benifa
_
22. December 2006 @ 04:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by eoin_oc:
Hi all,

Using nokia dbox with commando 6 just outside London.

I can get RTE 1 & 2 on the menu but can not view the picture or see the sound.

Is there anyway of unlocking this?

Does anyone have a services file for Ulster - maybe that would work?

Many thanks
Well Eoin,

I've a services file for Waterford if needed? Just scanned yesterday..
eoin_oc
_
22. December 2006 @ 08:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Benefica,

Could you please send me the services file you generated.

I'll test it out then when I get back to Reading.

My e-mail address is eoin_o_connell81@hotmail.com

Many thanks
benifa
_
22. December 2006 @ 08:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by eoin_oc:
Hi Benefica,

Could you please send me the services file you generated.

I'll test it out then when I get back to Reading.

My e-mail address is eoin_o_connell81@hotmail.com

Many thanks
No bother, I'll send to you this evening.
_
24. December 2006 @ 07:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If I were you I would use a Sagem box because the tuner of this box is better than the one of Nokia.
Also most Nokia has only Avia500chip inside and Sagem boxes has Avia600.
Someone wrote here it´s easier to flash a dbox2 than a dbox1. I say this: You can´t flash a dbox1 and you can´t compare this ones. They are too differently.
eoinf
_
9. January 2007 @ 14:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi if i buy a nokia dbox off ebay can i use it in dublin i have standard ntl cable .

is there anything specific to look out for?

does anyone have the files necessary i can i just plug it in and use it?
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
10. January 2007 @ 00:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If it´s a Nokia Dbox2 you can use it. Do a servicescan and it will work. You need no files.
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > dbox in ireland

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork