User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 12:26
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > dbox in ireland
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Dbox In Ireland
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mgb17
_
8. February 2007 @ 07:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Originally posted by mgb17:
Did you ever get Setanta 2 for instance. If yes its true cable.
No I have seen "setanta sports" only, never seen "setanta 2" I thought MMDS was provided in zones where cable is not available i.e. it was a wireless service, isn't it?
There are some central mmds antennas installed in the Waterford area and the blokes around get the signal from such a antenna.
You should know if there is a mmds mast around the corner.
Advertisement
_
__
fred66
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
8. February 2007 @ 08:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[quote]
Did you ever get Setanta 2 for instance. If yes its true cable.
No I have seen "setanta sports" only, never seen "setanta 2" I thought MMDS was provided in zones where cable is not available i.e. it was a wireless service, isn't it?
There are some central mmds antennas installed in the Waterford area and the blokes around get the signal from such a antenna.
You should know if there is a mmds mast around the corner.[/quote]ah, ok! as far as I know my estate is "cabled", there is a physical cable on side on my house which is connected to the wallbox that is inside my house, I presume that is "true cable" connection, no!?
illumin
_
8. February 2007 @ 09:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Originally posted by Dsleeper:
ok so here's one for you, i got an "irish" services.xml and it solved my jumping/sound issue.

If needed i'll post...

yeah could u send it to me? cheers
me too me too :)
ashraft
_
8. February 2007 @ 09:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi everyone
could anyone help i've tryed many images and no channels i have a chorus line. the dbox is fine. i tnink i have a problem with signal strength the ber seems to high 3000+ any ideas thanks
sadam34
_
8. February 2007 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hello i just received my dbox 2 sagme yesterday from germany i hav scanned on sym6887 and i hav received all the channels the time and what program is on etc but no picture or sound on a channel but the radio stations r workiing fine i am running the newest sportster image i think in am on ntl in dublin
zaccoyne
Suspended permanently
_
8. February 2007 @ 10:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a dbox and i am living in ireland in galway.

i flashed my dbox with sportster , lincsat 4.5 and commmando_6

and i still cant get channels . only a few.

what area should it be set as i cant see any irish areas

what ucodes should i use.

please help
zaccoyne
Suspended permanently
_
8. February 2007 @ 10:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
could someone please send me the irish service filplease.

thanks very much

my email is

*removed*

irish service file xml please thanks

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. June 2009 @ 17:32

dc69
_
8. February 2007 @ 10:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dbox arrived today.did scan and got all the channels.nothing came up so i went on to sky sports to let it update the keys nothing happened.turned the box off and back on and it came up that it was recieving the tv guide and still nothing at one stage i got the tv guide info and the time changed but that was as good as it got.i have tried changing the ecm's and all that stuff still nothing.So curently when i turn it on it says its looking for the tv guide info but does nothing after that ,blank channel.it just says channel not available ,waiting for time.

i am wondering is it a weak signal problem but if it is i cant understand how.It managed to find all the channels and also the old mans a freak about reception and has upgraded every tv wire in the house to outdoor satelite cable spec and we have crystle clear reception throughout the house on the 16 analogue channels.any help would be greatly appreciated im stumped.thanks

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. February 2007 @ 11:34

mgb17
_
8. February 2007 @ 10:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
ah, ok! as far as I know my estate is "cabled", there is a physical cable on side on my house which is connected to the wallbox that is inside my house, I presume that is "true cable" connection, no!?
It depends to what your feed is connected, to a cable headend or to a mmds mast.
I guess your DVB default frequency is 250.000 in the engineer menue of your subbed box.
mark397
_
8. February 2007 @ 11:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how do i get the extras menu up anybody?
fred66
_
8. February 2007 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
re: connection feed to mmds mast or cable headend, How would I know that?
re: the Freq of my subbed box is 258000
mgb17
_
8. February 2007 @ 11:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by fred66:
re: connection feed to mmds mast or cable headend, How would I know that?
re: the Freq of my subbed box is 258000
That looks like NTL mmds.
You shold know if there is a mmds mast in your surrounding area
sadam34
_
8. February 2007 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what should i do i gte balck for 99% of channels does any1 have a ntl dublin servcie file
fred66
_
8. February 2007 @ 11:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[quote=mgb17]

extracted from NThell website
"MMDS signals are received by the customer's rooftop antenna and decoded through the set-top box"

I don't have a rooftop antena on my house..!
zaccoyne
Suspended permanently
_
8. February 2007 @ 12:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i need an irish service file as welll i am in galway.

*email removed*

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. June 2009 @ 17:35

mgb17
_
8. February 2007 @ 12:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[quote]

extracted from NThell website
"MMDS signals are received by the customer's rooftop antenna and decoded through the set-top box"

I don't have a rooftop antena on my house..!
If you never saw a mmds mast in real life I cannot help.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. February 2007 @ 12:33

OllieMc
_
8. February 2007 @ 12:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all,

Im just after purchasing a sagem dbox2. I have scanned for the channels and am picking up 130 of them. Is this right for ntl dublin. The problem I am having is a lot of them are very jumpy and are poor quality. I havent a clue about any of this. What do I need to do to fix this. I have read about flashing the box what is this and how do I do this.

Thanks in advance
sadam34
_
8. February 2007 @ 13:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
WHAT SHOULD I DO. I HAV PICKED UP ALL THE CHANNELS BUT THE ARE ALL BALC APART FROM RTE2 AND TV3 AND CITY CHANNEL. WHAT OTHER THING SHOULD I TRY TO FIX THIS. CAN I HAVE SOMEONES DUBLIN SERVICE FILE

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. June 2009 @ 17:34

dc69
_
8. February 2007 @ 13:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
go to sky sports for a minute to update the keys it should probably work then.at least you have channels ive got *bleep* all lol

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. June 2009 @ 17:34

fred66
_
8. February 2007 @ 23:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[quote=mgb17]

OK np, let's assume that I have mmds, when you say missing via N*L mmds because there is no space left". do you mean through the feed or at my box, if it was at my box I am thinking to remove the unused channels & add the ones I would like e.g. sci-fi, ABC1, eurosport, euronews, FX, some UKTV chnls, & others..
mgb17
_
9. February 2007 @ 00:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[quote]

OK np, let's assume that I have mmds, when you say missing via N*L mmds because there is no space left". do you mean through the feed or at my box, if it was at my box I am thinking to remove the unused channels & add the ones I would like e.g. sci-fi, ABC1, eurosport, euronews, FX, some UKTV chnls, & others..
The frequency range over the air is limited for mmds. There is nomore space left.
The mmds mast is the thing with antennas you always thought its only for mobile phone.
fred66
_
9. February 2007 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[quote=mgb17]

The frequency range over the air is limited for mmds. There is nomore space left.
The mmds mast is the thing with antennas you always thought its only for mobile phone.
THX for the info, I was not aware of that. So I guess I will never get those channels then! :-)

looking at the packages offered through mmds, I reckon that Iam on mmds - but still no able to pick-up the "Setanta Sports" package.. ;-)

So, anyone who is receiving those channels, and would be kind enough to share their xml files with scan.conf, please don'tr hesitate to pm me. THX in advance! ;-)
zaccoyne
Suspended permanently
_
9. February 2007 @ 08:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i flashed with lincsat 4.5

set the area to dublin ntl

did not do scan yet( when i scan i only get a few channels)

but on my screeen i can flick through all the channels sky movies everything

but there is no picture just channel names

what am i doing wrong?

please help. thanks
zaccoyne is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
mgb17
_
9. February 2007 @ 09:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The emulator is not working. Either you selected none or you didn't wait for the autoupdate.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. February 2007 @ 09:40

Advertisement
_
__

_
dc69
_
9. February 2007 @ 10:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is there ever a situation where a signal booster would be required to get a dbox to work.i scanned and got all the channels but it just says it searching for the channel guide and channel not found every time i go to a channel.i have tried every emulator include in my sportster image and made sure they are all working and gone to sky sports to let it auto update. anyone?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. February 2007 @ 10:53

This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > dbox in ireland

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork