User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 12:17
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > dbox in ireland
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Dbox In Ireland
  Jump to:

Posted Message
benifa
_
5. February 2007 @ 11:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol, no it was only good news for one person!..

I had a left over Dbox2, but I'm after selling it already..

Btw, password = letmein
Advertisement
_
__
illumin
_
5. February 2007 @ 14:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just wondering if all channels should work as ive quite a few chanels which stuter/ dont display at all.
If so how would go about fixing this?
benifa
_
6. February 2007 @ 00:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Start by re-scanning the channels..

What box box / image are you using?
Dsleeper
_
6. February 2007 @ 05:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by illumin:
Just wondering if all channels should work as ive quite a few chanels which stuter/ dont display at all.
If so how would go about fixing this?
Hi I have the same problem but its even weirder. Most of the channels display and sound perfect, however the Irish channels breakup and have sound breaks.

I've noticed that on the signal display, the numbers change depending on the channel I have selected, so for RTE1, SNR is about 50000 but on NickJR its about 62000

I've also noticed that the signal strength fluctuates quite a bit. So if i leave on any channel, the signal gets weak (about 25%) of the possible strength up to sometimes 75%

I don't mind buying a booster if that would help.

It's a Sagem with commando, but when I set it up for the scan I chooses UK NTL Bruteforce. Although I get ~146 channels, it seems a bit odd that the irish ones are the dodgey ones.
mark397
_
6. February 2007 @ 09:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi. i bought a dbox 2 off ebay. when i plug it in and do a service scan it doesn't seem to find the channels. anyone know what i should do? its killing me having it and not being able to use it
illumin
_
6. February 2007 @ 10:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by benifa:
Start by re-scanning the channels..

What box box / image are you using?
im using a sagem dbox2 with latest official commando (6 i think). im gonna reimage it using your image and see if i get any difference. Are you recieving most channels without stuttering?
illumin
_
6. February 2007 @ 10:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mark397:
hi. i bought a dbox 2 off ebay. when i plug it in and do a service scan it doesn't seem to find the channels. anyone know what i should do? its killing me having it and not being able to use it
id the same problem. i dl'd a service.xml for my area and put it in /tuxbox/config/zapit/ then did a new scan and i picked up channels
col215
_
6. February 2007 @ 11:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi folks, got my dbox of ebay, Buy it now price worked out at ?150 p+p inc. Name of seller d-box-seller-uk. Typical anal german but got the item in ok time.

Have a problem though - initially got about 50 channels sky sports, movies etc. Picture wasn't great though so started messin around with it. Ended up fixing picture for the few stations I am able to see. All the rest are gone black. Any ideas how to fix this? In Dublin.
Dsleeper
_
6. February 2007 @ 11:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can you FTP to it? What service scan options had you? Have you an ok signal?

I've +140 so probably its a config thing.
Dsleeper
_
6. February 2007 @ 12:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by col215:
Hi folks, got my dbox of ebay, Buy it now price worked out at ?150 p+p inc. Name of seller d-box-seller-uk. Typical anal german but got the item in ok time.

Have a problem though - initially got about 50 channels sky sports, movies etc. Picture wasn't great though so started messin around with it. Ended up fixing picture for the few stations I am able to see. All the rest are gone black. Any ideas how to fix this? In Dublin.

if you have ntl the number of channels should have should be nearer 150

thats what i have whats your dbox os etc?
dc69
_
6. February 2007 @ 12:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Im living in Dublin and have just ordered a sagem dbox. im just gona pull the SR, FREQ and ID from a mates ntl box to make sure i recieve all the channels for my area.i just wanted to confirm that ID is the net id and the guides i have seen tell you to select a cable provider from the menu box.if i want to use my own info pulled from an ntl box where do i input it.cheers
Dsleeper
_
6. February 2007 @ 12:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dc69:
Im living in Dublin and have just ordered a sagem dbox. im just gona pull the SR, FREQ and ID from a mates ntl box to make sure i recieve all the channels for my area.i just wanted to confirm that ID is the net id and the guides i have seen tell you to select a cable provider from the menu box.if i want to use my own info pulled from an ntl box where do i input it.cheers

Is yours set up to do that? The German ones aren't normally. I've a sagem and the setings from ntl dont apply (dont matter). the bruteforce scan did get lots of them.
dc69
_
6. February 2007 @ 12:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i know that it has the latest sportster image that is set up for the uk.so seeing as its set up for the uk and will work in ireland i presume so
benifa
_
6. February 2007 @ 12:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can, in theory, enter this info into the cables.xml file. But really, this is not necessary at all. Any UK image will be grand, because NTL in Ireland needs to be scanned using the setting "Sym6887", which is exactly the same as NTL in the UK..

When you receive your box, simply flash a UK image (I recommend Sportster), scan your channels, and you're grand so..

Don't make life difficult for yourself..

;)
Dsleeper
_
6. February 2007 @ 12:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
mine was similar, came from Berlin. got most to work but needed to change my services.xml. I assume your ntl, normal cable in dub? 50 seeems very low
Dsleeper
_
6. February 2007 @ 12:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
You can, in theory, enter this info into the cables.xml file. But really, this is not necessary at all. Any UK image will be grand, because NTL in Ireland needs to be scanned using the setting "Sym6887", which is exactly the same as NTL in the UK..

When you receive your box, simply flash a UK image (I recommend Sportster), scan your channels, and you're grand so..

Don't make life difficult for yourself..

;)
ok thanks...that means my irish channels issue is different...hmmm
dc69
_
6. February 2007 @ 12:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thats grand.i only mentioned it because someone earlier in the topic said that they took the SR, FREQ and ID from a box that they had and i presumed this would be the best way to ensure that i recieve all the channels available but if theres no point then i wont bother.
dc69
_
6. February 2007 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just another quick question.when i scan to get a station such as prem plus.will it come up blank until there is a match on it or will i have to scan when i know that the station is broadcasting something and is this the same for the ppv channels.thanks
Dsleeper
_
6. February 2007 @ 13:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just another quick question.when i scan to get a station such as prem plus.will it come up blank until there is a match on it or will i have to scan when i know that the station is broadcasting something and is this the same for the ppv channels.thanks

it will be detected. ppv always broadcast, but sometimes just adverts.
dc69
_
6. February 2007 @ 13:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cheers for the help guys much appreciated
benifa
_
6. February 2007 @ 13:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dsleeper - I just read your earlier post regarding your freezing problem on the Irish channels. I also have lower SNR on some channels and higher on others, though fortunately, and touch wood, this hasn't caused freezing issues for me. BBC1, for example, has a very low SNR on my box, but never freezes..

So I'm not sure buying a signal booster would fix your problem. Have you tried using a different image? I've tried many images, some of which gave lots of channel freezing, including Commando 6..

The most stable image I've used is Sportster. Zappp64 has some UK sportster images for download on his site: http://netwave.redirectme.net/RED-DWARF/
dc69
_
6. February 2007 @ 13:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
benifa would you recomend sportster over commando.and when you download these images do they usually include cams or do you have to put them in manually
benifa
_
6. February 2007 @ 13:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
benifa would you recomend sportster over commando.and when you download these images do they usually include cams or do you have to put them in manually

Yes I would, most definitely. From all the images I've used here in Waterford, Sportster 1.7 has produced the best results. If your box has two flash chips, you can download the said image here:
http://www.ifawilson.com/downloads/Dbox/...+%20uk05_2x.exe

PS, cams included on all images :)
Dsleeper
_
6. February 2007 @ 23:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by benifa:
Dsleeper - I just read your earlier post regarding your freezing problem on the Irish channels. I also have lower SNR on some channels and higher on others, though fortunately, and touch wood, this hasn't caused freezing issues for me. BBC1, for example, has a very low SNR on my box, but never freezes..

So I'm not sure buying a signal booster would fix your problem. Have you tried using a different image? I've tried many images, some of which gave lots of channel freezing, including Commando 6..

The most stable image I've used is Sportster. Zappp64 has some UK sportster images for download on his site: http://netwave.redirectme.net/RED-DWARF/[/quote]

I'll have a go...I'm still a bit on the worried side that I'll end up with nothing!!
Advertisement
_
__

_
Dsleeper
_
7. February 2007 @ 00:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so can anyone tell me if i need to get a crossover cable to FTP or can I just plug a network cable in and hook up to my router? Sometimes I can be so dumb!
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > digital tv - united states & canada > dbox in ireland

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork