User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
1. November 2008 @ 15:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey Everyone Office Max will have VERBATIM 16x DVD+/-R, 100-Pack Spindle on sale starting Nov.2-8

#2122-3123

$24.99
Advertisement
_
__
GatlinGun
_
1. November 2008 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
At Last!! Thanks!!

3 product reviews
_
1. November 2008 @ 19:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Use The Best Media for The Best Burns! TYs, Verbs,(Made in Taiwan) Sony MIJs (YUDEN000 T02), Sony Made in Taiwan DVD+R 16x, Maxell MIJ, RITEK G05.
maxxjulie
_
1. November 2008 @ 20:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i'm down to my last 30 ty's. i don't like verbatim as much, but at this price why not.
_
1. November 2008 @ 23:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
anybody knows if OM still takes empty ink cartridges back. I still have few at home. Thanks
maxxjulie
_
2. November 2008 @ 01:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i haven't bought verbatim in a long time. are they still decent or are they all crap made by prodisc?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. November 2008 @ 01:21

EERSfan
_
2. November 2008 @ 14:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have always used Verbatims. However, the last batch I bought was full of coasters. I would always get the "Power Calibration error" from imageburn. I cleaned the lens, updated firmware,,,,but still got this message with 75% of the discs. The Verbatims i was using were the ones with the white Inkjet Printable label on the disc.
I just went out and bought a small batch of Sonys,,,and everything is working fine now. Is there a problem with the Inkjet DVDs that Verbatim puts out? More specifically, are the DVDs in this ad good or not? Thanks in advance for the help.
maxxjulie
_
2. November 2008 @ 15:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sometimes you can get a bad batch. it doesn't mean they are all bad. i bought some taiyo yudens from supermediastore a while back and each disc was coated in dust. i ordered like ten 100 packs and 7 out of the ten had the dust. i didn't discover the dust until months after buying the dvd-r's cuz the first two 100 packs were fine without any dust. i'm hesitant to buy online again so i'm gonna try out these verbatim's since they are so cheap. it kinda sux cuz i've never gotten great quality scans with verbatim media no matter what burner i use. i do have a new burner now(liteon 20A4P) and i'm hoping the verbatim's burn better with it than with my benq burners.
_
2. November 2008 @ 19:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you guys finding that most of the 100 pack spindles (Verbatims) are being MII vs MIT?
Peshtigo
_
2. November 2008 @ 23:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Gottawin:
Are you guys finding that most of the 100 pack spindles (Verbatims) are being MII vs MIT?
The last five spindles I bought from Amazon were all MII. Not one coaster yet (over 400).

Lite-On DH-20A4H08C 20x DVD±RW DL IDE Drive with LightScribe from local electronics store. So far so good.
bratcher
_
3. November 2008 @ 02:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bunnyrip:
Verbs! At Office Max
http://officemax.shoplocal.com/officemax...defined

I wish the Verb white inkjet printable was on sale buy sadly it's not....
Peshtigo
_
3. November 2008 @ 08:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
Originally posted by bunnyrip:
Verbs! At Office Max
http://officemax.shoplocal.com/officemax...defined

I wish the Verb white inkjet printable was on sale buy sadly it's not....
I've been thinking about trying those. What's a good average price for a 100 ct. spindle?
Trom
_
4. November 2008 @ 08:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My experience with 16X Verbs has been that the "Made In" can tell you something. The cakebox with the Made in Singapore tend to be the best but harder to come by. The box with Made in Taiwan while not as good as the MIS discs are pretty reliable and worth buying at a good price. Then the Made in India which IME can be dodgy, I have had problems with these particular Verbs maybe 1 in 15-20 been bad.
bratcher
_
5. November 2008 @ 14:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Microcenter has Verb 25 pack white inkjet hub printable for $6.99 each. I didn't check the other Verb prices though
Peshtigo
_
5. November 2008 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just left Sam's Club one hour ago. They had Verbatim 16x fifty pack spindle for $10.99. Now that's a deal.
bratcher
_
5. November 2008 @ 20:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Peshtigo:
I just left Sam's Club one hour ago. They had Verbatim 16x fifty pack spindle for $10.99. Now that's a deal.
Thats a great deal!! Better than what I found at Microcenter for the pair of 25 pack Verb white inkjet hub printables I bought today for $6.99 (plus 8.25% tax) today....
Peshtigo
_
5. November 2008 @ 21:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thats a great deal!! Better than what I found at Microcenter for the pair of 25 pack Verb white inkjet hub printables I bought today for $6.99 (plus 8.25% tax) today....
5.5% sales tax here in WI.
_
5. November 2008 @ 21:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No mention as to the country of Origin on the Office Max Verbs?

_
6. November 2008 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Don't bother checking my store in Arizona cause I wiped the store out(20 spindles) and they don't do rain checks ;)

Originally posted by blivetNC:
USA

No time for Leap frog!!!
EERSfan
_
6. November 2008 @ 00:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I ordered these and I am having the same problems I had with the last verbatims. About 6 out of every 7 does not work with my burner. I keep getting the power calibration error. I have updated firmware.....Any ideas???? Sony dvd+r discs work fine for me.
_
6. November 2008 @ 01:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

The country of manufacturing, Singapore, or Taiwan or Shudder, India on these disks.

_
6. November 2008 @ 01:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:

USA

The country of manufacturing, Singapore, or Taiwan or Shudder, India on these disks.
My bad ;) The batch that I got = Taiwan

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Before anyone disses the Taiwan 16x verbs, I never get bad burns however Singapore Dual layers are the only ones to be trusted!

No time for Leap frog!!!
bratcher
_
6. November 2008 @ 23:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
5.5% sales tax here in WI.
I bet you love that lower sales tax!! I would....
bratcher
_
6. November 2008 @ 23:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JOHNSTARR:
Quote:

USA

My bad ;) The batch that I got = Taiwan

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Before anyone disses the Taiwan 16x verbs, I never get bad burns however Singapore Dual layers are the only ones to be trusted!
I've never had a problem with MIT single layer Verbs either....
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
6. November 2008 @ 23:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I bought one spindle, they were made in Taiwan, good quality disks. I don't think I have seen any Made in Singapore Single layer, just the DL variety.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork