User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 16:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bratcher
_
6. November 2008 @ 23:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by blivetNC:
I bought one spindle, they were made in Taiwan, good quality disks. I don't think I have seen any Made in Singapore Single layer, just the DL variety.
I don't remember seeing MIS single layer Verbs either. +R DL yes & they burn great in my Samsung.
Advertisement
_
__
_
7. November 2008 @ 22:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
After I posted that remark, I searched and found that the made in Singapore disks are just the DL variety.

3 product reviews
_
8. November 2008 @ 01:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
All of the Verbatim DVD+R 16x I have seen at Office Max where I am have been MITs.
When the "New Packaging" 1st came out, there weere a few MII in the mix, but lately they have all been MITs. Very good media too!

Use The Best Media for The Best Burns! TYs, Verbs,(Made in Taiwan) Sony MIJs (YUDEN000 T02), Sony Made in Taiwan DVD+R 16x, Maxell MIJ, RITEK G05.
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. November 2008 @ 12:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just came back from Sam's. Noticed they had verbatim +R DL 50 spindle for $59. Not a bad price. I passed. Still have a 20 spindle that I paid $30 for. That's 10 free ones on the 50 spool.

Lurth
Inactive
_
14. November 2008 @ 08:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just a heads up for you Verbatim users. Buy.com has Verb.16X +Rs for $18.49 per 100 spindle shipped! Their sales usually only last about a week so you'll have to hurry. Happy burning.
_
14. November 2008 @ 08:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That sounds like a great deal over that side of the pond, the cheapest we brits can get Verb 100's for is around £18 i think..

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
Lurth
Inactive
_
14. November 2008 @ 09:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I thought it sounded pretty good too. I use the Ty watershield printables myself but at 18.5 cents each these are pretty hard to pass up.
Peshtigo
_
14. November 2008 @ 09:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lurth:
Just a heads up for you Verbatim users. Buy.com has Verb.16X +Rs for $18.49 per 100 spindle shipped! Their sales usually only last about a week so you'll have to hurry. Happy burning.
Country of orgin: India. I've burned over 500 of these. Not a coaster yet. Lucky.

http://www.buy.com/prod/verbatim-dvd-r-4...1/10412813.html
_
15. November 2008 @ 09:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For whatever it may be worth ? I was In New Orleans Yesterday 11/14/2008 And stopped at the Samsclub On the westbank ( Manhattan Blvd.) and they had The Regular( Made in Taiwan ) 50 Pks of Verbatims for $10.87 ea.( The 100ct. spindles & The Printable verbatims were regular samsclub sale price of $29.99?-& only the regular verbatims were on sale ! I don't knoe if this price is on at all Samsclubs Nationwide , Just louisiana stores or Just that one store But I thought I'd pass it along FWIW ??? . I bought 4 Packs Verbatims for damn near the price of OFFICEDEPOT'S Media I'm There dude !!! Well That's a lie I'm here now but I was there LOL!!!! Good luck & Burn Kado Burn !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. November 2008 @ 09:54

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. November 2008 @ 01:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Will have to check out the Sam's Baton Rouge store Sunday. Thanks BIGTOXY for the info.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. November 2008 @ 01:51

_
16. November 2008 @ 09:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
garmoon- anytime ! I don't know if the 2 Local B.R. Sams will have them at that Price but if yer OOT & A-Boot as our Canadian Frinds would say may as well check it out ! Good Luck & Happy Shopping !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. November 2008 @ 09:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just saw the Best Buy Sunday Circular and 100 spindle + or- R Sonys are like $22.95

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. November 2008 @ 14:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just returned from Best Buy with a spindle of 100 Sony +R D21s made in Taiwan (accucore 16X) Here's what DVD identifier says. 100spendle was $23US The Sony-R X16 variety were made in Malaysia!!!!!!

Anyone used these yet??? They look exactly like the TY Sony X8 T02s on the lettering side!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:SONY-D21-000]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD-ROM]
Manufacturer Name : [Sony Recording Media Co.]
Manufacturer ID : [SONY]
Media Type ID : [D21]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. November 2008 @ 14:35

_
16. November 2008 @ 23:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Garmoon.
These are one of my top choices, right behind TY and Verbs. Never had a problem with them, no coasters and good playability. I have only used the Taiwan variety though, not the Malaysia ones.

dr_ml422
_
17. November 2008 @ 00:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi garmoon. me too on the sonys. Used their dvd-rs 16x from Taiwan. no problems. yet to use the sony dvd+rs. let me know how you fair w/them. Staples usually has the Sonys on sale for about $30 bucks more or less.

I have still some verbs from Office Max I got on their last sale. They're dvd+rs and came off w/out a hitch. bitset n all w/imgburn.

the tys that came w/dust were tape wrapped? Usually the spindles n cake boxes are better. Got to look out for value line as opposed to premium also. big difference.
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. November 2008 @ 07:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I burned a couple of them with ImgBurn from an ISO I had on HDD. The scores were 95 and 92 but they blue and green errors were more than I normally see. I bought them for giveaways.

1 product review
_
17. November 2008 @ 08:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm going to sticky this thread and change the title so we can keep the weekly sales here instead of the weekly upcropping of new sales. It will be a handy cross reference for the past weeks best deals and what we can look forward to in the future.

bratcher
_
17. November 2008 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Taiyo Yuden White Inkjet Hub Printable 8X DVD-R Media (Value Line) 600 Pack in Tape Wrap (Free Ground Shipping)

Save $25 folks (over the regular price) & stock up!! For those of you that like white inkjet hub printable. $149.00.....

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...45&v=349e2716bc

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. November 2008 @ 10:50

_
17. November 2008 @ 21:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
anyone been looking at the black friday ads for blank dvds? ive been really dissapointed with all the stores, only one has any sale worth mentioning and i wouldnt buy them, they are nexxtechs 100 pack spindles for 9.99, but they are crap cmcs... if anyone finds any good sales in any black friday ads, im pretty sure me and others would be grateful.
bratcher
_
17. November 2008 @ 22:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Jondrew:
anyone been looking at the black friday ads for blank dvds? ive been really dissapointed with all the stores, only one has any sale worth mentioning and i wouldnt buy them, they are nexxtechs 100 pack spindles for 9.99, but they are crap cmcs... if anyone finds any good sales in any black friday ads, im pretty sure me and others would be grateful.
How do you know thay are CMC? I bought a 50 pack of Nexxtech DVD'R's for $9.99 a couple of weeks ago just to test them out. The mid code was fake MCC & they had some of the worst test results I've seen in a long time....

Oh & did you burn & test any of those Nexxtech discs? What were the scans like with discs burned at 16 & 8x?
_
18. November 2008 @ 05:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Just came back from Sam's. Noticed they had verbatim +R DL 50 spindle for $59. Not a bad price. I passed. Still have a 20 spindle that I paid $30 for. That's 10 free ones on the 50 spool.
Yup, gotta love Sam's Club everyday price on Singapore DL's :)

When they first started carrying the every day 50 pk for 59.99$ in my area something was wrong with the skew number in there computer and it rang up as 27.99$ (price of 100 pk dvd-r) Went back and bought 25 spindles, sold 13 and I'm free rolling 12 pks :) After the lady rang me up she said,"Boy those are expensive". I couldn't help to reply"Hopefully they will go on sale sometime soon"

No time for Leap frog!!!
_
18. November 2008 @ 10:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have had nexxtech dvd-rs before, i think i bought them last year on black friday as well... and i do believe they were cmcs. they would skip in a week or even right away if i burnt them at full speed. terrible... i returned them promptly.
dr_ml422
_
18. November 2008 @ 13:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
Originally posted by Jondrew:
How do you know thay are CMC? I bought a 50 pack of Nexxtech DVD'R's for $9.99 a couple of weeks ago just to test them out. The mid code was fake MCC & they had some of the worst test results I've seen in a long time....

Oh & did you burn & test any of those Nexxtech discs? What were the scans like with discs burned at 16 & 8x?
DITTO. They go pretty quick so if any crazy black Friday I'm in. Online or not.
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. November 2008 @ 07:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You do have to be crazy to go into a Best Buy on Friday after Thanksgiving!

Advertisement
_
__

_
JoeRyan
_
19. November 2008 @ 09:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Discs with poor performance and a reputable MID code are often condemned as having a "fake MID code." European and North American (but not South American) governments are very tough on any fake goods getting into a country, and they are known to block even honest goods if the paperwork is incorrect. Those MID codes are probably legitimate; the discs are probably poor quality and not good enough for MCC standards.

In a production environment, QC checks that turn up questionable material will halt a production line and set aside all material produced from the last good check until the unacceptable check. It is too costly either to sort through the goods or to scrap them. They are typically sold off to a no-name brand or a brand willing to risk its reputation for a better price. The thinking is that there are good discs in the lot. The customer will do the sorting, not the factory; but some customers will end up getting most of the junk. That is the risk that one assumes when finding a deal too good to be true. Verbatim has high standards. The discs that failed may not have met their standards and were passed on to Nexxtech. The MID code cannot change--it's molded into the plastic substrate. Disappointing results are far more likely to be the case of a bad production lot than that of faking a code.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork