User User name Password  

Tuesday 25.6.2024 / 23:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
23. November 2008 @ 15:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i bought 2 packs of those verbatims today for $9.99 each at best buy
and they had verbatim cd-r for only $5.99 a 50 pack. i grabed those too
are the dvds good media ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:MCC-004-000]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [MCC]
Media Type ID : [004]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

I AM A DUMPSTER DIVER AND PROUD OF IT..
Reach Down & Grab it Or Walk in & Get Some !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. November 2008 @ 15:46

Advertisement
_
__
_
23. November 2008 @ 15:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
are you joking? verbs are the best you can buy locally without digging through thousands of dvds!
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. November 2008 @ 17:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah the verbs are good dvd media. DuH? The ones I got today were also made in Taiwan. Didn't bother to open and identify them, Neptune just did. Got last three +Rs that were on display, maybe they had more in back??

_
23. November 2008 @ 21:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i knew verbs were always good media just wanted to see if they had changed there media code or outsorced from some other company.i was thinking that because of the cheap price....

I AM A DUMPSTER DIVER AND PROUD OF IT..
Reach Down & Grab it Or Walk in & Get Some !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. November 2008 @ 21:42

_
24. November 2008 @ 16:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Verbatim 8.5GB 2.4X DVD+R DL 20 Packs Cake Box Branded Disc - 23.99$ free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...&Tpk=17-130-008

Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Packs Cake Box Disc - 18.99$ free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...&Tpk=17-507-005

No time for Leap frog!!!
bratcher
_
25. November 2008 @ 02:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by neptune:
nov 23-26 best buy will have verbatims 50 pack dvd-r or dvd+r for $9.99 .reg $30.99 save $21 .. wow cheap
Thats a steal!! Too bad they are not inkjet printable but a sharpie works very well with them.

I wonder if they are MIT or MII? The MIT's were really good!!

The sale is online too!! Remember it ends on the 26th.

Minus R

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...d=1117177062678

Plus R

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...d=1117177062616

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. November 2008 @ 02:26

AfterDawn Addict
_
25. November 2008 @ 07:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Read about 4 posts up. The Verb +R variety at BB were MIT.

_
25. November 2008 @ 09:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- The Vinyl Record Looking CDr's & The Movie Reel Looking DVD media Have Been out For awhile ! I still see the Vinyl Record looking CDr's at stores Occasionally But I think The Movie Reel Looking DVD Media maybe Getting Phased Out ? I don't see that too much anymore anyways But Both are/were made buy Verbatims so other Than the Gimmick Look they are good media ! I've not used the CDR's But The Movie reel DVD's were Good Verbatims with a fancy T-shirt on ! There is nothing wrong with either one ,It's just a matter Of Taste I guess ? Me I like A good writing surface For a Sharpie and good media Performance if a Disc meets those two Criteria then I'm happy ! but Whoever said I had class ? LOL!!! anyway enjoy your CDR's & DVD's and happy Burning Buddy !!! & happy Thanksgiving Too !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
25. November 2008 @ 09:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
Read about 4 posts up. The Verb +R variety at BB were MIT.
Thats good!!
bratcher
_
25. November 2008 @ 09:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
dr_ml422- The Vinyl Record Looking CDr's & The Movie Reel Looking DVD media Have Been out For awhile ! I still see the Vinyl Record looking CDr's at stores Occasionally But I think The Movie Reel Looking DVD Media maybe Getting Phased Out ? I don't see that too much anymore anyways But Both are/were made buy Verbatims so other Than the Gimmick Look they are good media ! I've not used the CDR's But The Movie reel DVD's were Good Verbatims with a fancy T-shirt on ! There is nothing wrong with either one ,It's just a matter Of Taste I guess ? Me I like A good writing surface For a Sharpie and good media Performance if a Disc meets those two Criteria then I'm happy ! but Whoever said I had class ? LOL!!! anyway enjoy your CDR's & DVD's and happy Burning Buddy !!! & happy Thanksgiving Too !!!
The Verbatim branded & Verb white inkjet printable DVD's are really good stuff. I've used quite a bit of both. As to the Verbatim CDR's I've used both the branded ones as well as the silver inkjet printable and they burn great. Haven't tried the Verbatim white inkjet printable but I already know they are good by experience with other Verbatim discs.
_
25. November 2008 @ 11:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- Cosmetics Schmozmetics !!! If it works I say Yeah babY Ooh Behave !!!!! - Sorry I had a Austen Powers Brain Fart Moment ! I keep forgetting myself !!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
25. November 2008 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ BIG Thnx for the pull up on the cd-r's w/the vinyl. At $5.99 for 50 I didn't care what they looked like as long as they had verb quality. I did though check to make sure there was at least some space for writing w/a sharpie and there is. So that's good.

@ bratcher I've yet to try those white inkjet printables on dvd's or cd's but I will asaic.

Remember also newegg has the 100pk verbs dvd+r at $19.99 free shipping old packaging, and the Ritek 100pk at $19.99 free shipping also. So you could get xtra verbs should you want to if BB runs out at even lower costs of no tax and free shipping. I just received the Ritek yesterday. Thinking about a 100 more verbs.

Happy Hearty Thanksgiving to both of you and the whole crew as well at AD. Mom's a lil under the weather, but pride is going to win out and she'll be fixing great meal no matter what.
_
25. November 2008 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- could'nt her son the Dr. Hook her up with some Chicken soup ? could'nt hurt ?

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
25. November 2008 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Conflict of interest. Mom's has own Dr. Been w/the same quack for years. Very old fashioned. Thick like a mule. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. "I'm sometimes a lil slow but I get there." Kurt Russell "Dark Blue". I told her to let me do the burning and take good care of the food.

Hundreds of videos and she's still worrying about throwing out the VCR.

It is what it is. I surrendered believe me.
AfterDawn Addict

2 product reviews
_
25. November 2008 @ 16:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any deals on Verbatim DL media? I might just pick them up from newegg because they are shipping made in Singapore discs again.

But I was wondering if any B&M stores like best buy were gonna have them for Black Friday?
stuntfoto
_
26. November 2008 @ 02:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok so i finally ran some identification.
I puchased 3 / TDKDVD+R 100disk spindles..
and 1 / TDKDVD-R 100 disk spindle

TDK DVD+r and DVD-r are on sale for
17.99 / 100 at office depot.

This goes on till the end of the month.

Office Depot is clearing out all branded
media because the branded discs cost MORE than their imation discs

The id from the TDK DVD+R is as follows
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:RITEK-F16-001]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEK]
Media Type ID : [F16]
Product Revision : [001]
Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]

The id from the TDK DVD-R is as follows
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:CMC MAG. AM3]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG. AM3]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

Very proud of my TDK+R purchase regardless of what you picky verb's vermin have to say.. the DVD-R im not so proud about...

There can be only one, 1
stuntfoto
_
26. November 2008 @ 02:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
About a week back i bought a 25 pack of TDK DVDR+DL
from Office Depot. They had it on sale for 32.99
Which was much better than memorex at 36.99

Figured i might as well post these up as well...

The id from the TDK DVD+R+DL is as follows
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:RITEK-S04-066]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R DL] - [DVD+R DL]
Media Type ID : [S04]
Product Revision : [066]
Recording Speeds : [2.4x , 3.3x-8x]

So far im half way through the double layer
pack with only 1 coaster (my fault)

I am very happy with TDK quality thus far. Both their dvd +R and DL discs work on all 3 of my platforms and 4/5 dvd players in my house.

The one player it doesnt work on is a import player that supposedly does both pal and ntscs but apparently does neither and even has problems with original dvds. With that said..

DO NOT BUY MITSUBISHI BRAND DVD PLAYERS

Thank you, that is all!

There can be only one, 1
bratcher
_
26. November 2008 @ 08:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by stuntfoto:
Ok so i finally ran some identification.
I puchased 3 / TDKDVD+R 100disk spindles..
and 1 / TDKDVD-R 100 disk spindle

TDK DVD+r and DVD-r are on sale for
17.99 / 100 at office depot.

This goes on till the end of the month.

Office Depot is clearing out all branded
media because the branded discs cost MORE than their imation discs

The id from the TDK DVD+R is as follows
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:RITEK-F16-001]
Media Type ID : [F16]
Product Revision : [001]
Blank Disc Capacity : [Not Supported By Method 2]

The id from the TDK DVD-R is as follows
Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:CMC MAG. AM3]
Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG. AM3]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

Very proud of my TDK+R purchase regardless of what you picky verb's vermin have to say.. the DVD-R im not so proud about...
Ritek is usually good media & I've had no problems with it or CMC media. Let me know how they work out for you....
_
26. November 2008 @ 09:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- Let's see ? Buy Officedepot Get Riteks /Ricohjpns ! Buy Tdk"s Get Riteks !!!, Buy Some maxells Get Riteks -Sometimes ? Now If The Imations are Riteks too that's Gonna make shopping a whole lot easier ! Unless we're buying taiyo's , Verbatims or Sony's Just Buy whichever Ritek Oem'ed brand or brands that are Cheapest ? Hmmm !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
26. November 2008 @ 14:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok. BB ran out of the $9.99 dvd+r Verbs where I'm at. Today last sale on those. Also the vinyl look cd-rs for $5.99 seemed to go too.

Here's the link to some Riteks DVD+/-R's and a good price on Verb CD-R's at Newegg. Free Shipping so actually could be cheaper than going to store. Haven't checked TDK's here, but maybe there are some also at great price. Will give Office Depot another try maybe.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=71&name=CD-DVD-Media
_
26. November 2008 @ 14:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- Picked up some more Verbatims and 3 packs of Photo paper at Bestbuy . The other day so I'm good for now but thanx for the help anyways & good luck with your shopping & burning adventures my friend !!! & happy Thanksgiving !!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
26. November 2008 @ 18:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Likewise BIG. Have a Happy Thanksgiving as well. I'm pretty much stocked myself right now. We all say that then we look at our supply and bingo, time to get more. If there ever was a healthy hobby this has to be at the top.
bratcher
_
26. November 2008 @ 18:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Office Depot is still running it's media sale at a local store I went to for some padded mailing envelopes. No Imation there but some Memorex & Maxell plus the Ativa house brand on sale. None of the Office Depot brand was on the shelves.

Yes I'm stocked up on DVD's & CD's too. Overstocked for awhile it seems with a new pack of 600 8x TY white inkjet printable DVD's. Thats in addition to 12 16x Verbs, 100 16x Ritek, 100 8x valueline TY's, 100 16x Prodisc & 100 8x Prodisc all white inkjet printable.

Have about 60 8x (verb mid code) generic white inkjet printables out of 100 I thought I'd try since they were fairly cheap. They burn ok but don't test as well as a real Verb does. 48 8x Playo I bought to test out left to go. AML mid code & the test results are fair with my Samsung burner. The 16x Playo I bought fot testing was also fair & I've seen better media then these 3 showed.

Around 30 4x Optodisc (generic)white inkjet printable left to burn which I'm using in the Magnavox DVD recorder thats hooked up to the cable DVR. They burn & test really good. I might buy more of it while the supply lasts from Meritline since the price is low. Either that or just put TY's in the recorder. Kinda reminds me of when Verbatim 4x white inkjet prinable was available until the supply ran out one day last year.

Normally I buy TY or Verb DVD's but I thought I'd try some of the other stuff to see how they work with my burner. Except for the TY, Verb, Ritek & Prodisc I won't be using any of the rest after what I have on hand runs out.

About 325 Ritek white inkjet printable CDR's left to burn that I use for audio CD's. Had 1000 of them bought for $8.99 per 50 pack at my local Microcenter several months ago. The stores no longer carry Ritek (CD's or DVD's) but it still seems to be on the web site. When I get down to my last 50 pack of CD's I can either grab some Phillips white inkjet printable for $8.99 each in my local store or get some Ritek, Verb, TY or Prodisc white inkjet printable online at whatever price they are at Meritline or Supermediastore.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. November 2008 @ 19:01

fez1122
_
5. December 2008 @ 18:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Futureshop is selling Verbatim 8x Dvd+r Dl 15 packs for $20.00.
Advertisement
_
__

_
stuntfoto
_
7. December 2008 @ 01:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Found Verbatim Vinyl Look Cdr's at Big Lots aka PicNSave.

They Seem to be the good type 10 Packs in Jewel Cases for $4
They had half a pallet when i went there, they maybe have more?

There can be only one, 1

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork