User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 04:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr_ml422
_
19. November 2008 @ 09:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx Joe for this pull up as there was a discussion about this in another forum. Now we know the deal concerning fake MID as pertaining to N.A. and Europe at least.

This isn't exactly considered a down in the basement black friday bargain but a tad cheaper than the usually great price>http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-dvd-r-silver-paper-sleeves-combo-200-pack.html?WT.mc_id=081117emailActiveDV_17198_DV-001-0500&emc=el&m=588954&l=46&v=c979978b21
Advertisement
_
__
bratcher
_
19. November 2008 @ 09:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JoeRyan:
Discs with poor performance and a reputable MID code are often condemned as having a "fake MID code." European and North American (but not South American) governments are very tough on any fake goods getting into a country, and they are known to block even honest goods if the paperwork is incorrect. Those MID codes are probably legitimate; the discs are probably poor quality and not good enough for MCC standards.

In a production environment, QC checks that turn up questionable material will halt a production line and set aside all material produced from the last good check until the unacceptable check. It is too costly either to sort through the goods or to scrap them. They are typically sold off to a no-name brand or a brand willing to risk its reputation for a better price. The thinking is that there are good discs in the lot. The customer will do the sorting, not the factory; but some customers will end up getting most of the junk. That is the risk that one assumes when finding a deal too good to be true. Verbatim has high standards. The discs that failed may not have met their standards and were passed on to Nexxtech. The MID code cannot change--it's molded into the plastic substrate. Disappointing results are far more likely to be the case of a bad production lot than that of faking a code.
Hey maybe thats where the Sony mid code GQ DVD's came from? Sony sold poor quality discs that didn't pass a QC check to to whoever sells the GQ brand? Maybe so, First I've heard of your answer though.

The mid code MCC 16x DVD's I've tested lately with awful to pretty good (but not as good as a branded Verb would test) are as follows.

Nexxtech (awful)
Playo (better but not great)
Windata (the best next to branded Verbs I've tested)
dr_ml422
_
19. November 2008 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok so circuit city's going to have those nextech dvd-rs and cd-rs for $9.99 a hundred, and OFFICE DEPOT's going to have the SONY DVDS buy 1 get 1 free. No price listed though. If anything like the usual $24 to $25 dollar a 100 those would be great.
dr_ml422
_
20. November 2008 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
Ok so circuit city's going to have those nextech dvd-rs and cd-rs for $9.99 a hundred, and OFFICE DEPOT's going to have the SONY DVDS buy 1 get 1 free. No price listed though.

TDK DVD+/-R blanks $7.99 for 50. Imation CD-R blanks $4.99 50. I know this the DVD section, but they were both listed. The Imations might be a good snatch.
Lurth
Inactive
_
20. November 2008 @ 06:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok so circuit city's going to have those nextech dvd-rs and cd-rs for $9.99 a hundred, and OFFICE DEPOT's going to have the SONY DVDS buy 1 get 1 free. No price listed though.

TDK DVD+/-R blanks $7.99 for 50. Imation CD-R blanks $4.99 50. I know this the DVD section, but they were both listed. The Imations might be a good snatch.
I'm confused. Who's selling the TDK & Imation? Office Depot or Ciruit City?
dr_ml422
_
20. November 2008 @ 08:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OFFICE DEPOT'S going to have the TDKs, Imations and the SONY dvds. I'm not sure what they mean by Sony dvds though. They didn't say blanks, and I don't know if they sell movies. I only got a chair from them the 1st time.
_
20. November 2008 @ 09:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the last Time i went to Officedepot they had the 16x DVd-R /DVD+R's on sale in-store for $17.99 per 100ct. spindle . i think the sale runs till the end of the month But I'm not quite sure on the exact date? FWIW

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
20. November 2008 @ 10:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
the last Time i went to Officedepot they had the 16x DVd-R /DVD+R's on sale in-store for $17.99 per 100ct. spindle . i think the sale runs till the end of the month But I'm not quite sure on the exact date? FWIW
Hi BIG. You mean their branded OFFICE DEPOT DVD-R/DVD+Rs? If so that's a good snatch as they've been recommended here.

Newgg has the RITEK RIDATA 16x DVD+Rs 100pk. at $19.99 free shipping as the Verbs DVD+R 16x 100pk. for I think $29.99 free shipping also, and the old packaging which supposedly was the better ones. I know the Verbs come down to about $20 or so at OFFICE MAX, but right now OFFICE MAX don't have them. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on either of those 3, or even all. I'll just be knocking my head though if by next week we hear of some serious blowouts. Hindsight 20/20 but can't always be on top of all the sales.
dr_ml422
_
20. November 2008 @ 10:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
Hi BIG. You mean their branded OFFICE DEPOT DVD-R/DVD+Rs? If so that's a good snatch as they've been recommended here.

Newgg has the RITEK RIDATA 16x DVD+Rs 100pk. at $19.99 free shipping as the Verbs DVD+R 16x 100pk. for I think $29.99 free shipping also, and the old packaging which supposedly was the better ones. I know the Verbs come down to about $20 or so at OFFICE MAX, but right now OFFICE MAX don't have them. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on either of those 3, or even all. I'll just be knocking my head though if by next week we hear of some serious blowouts. Hindsight 20/20 but can't always be on top of all the sales.
Ok. Great update. Right now the TDKs dvds are $17.99 and all OFFICE DEPOT Branded DVDS are 25% off. They're going to 50% off but associate wasn't sure if tomorrow Friday or Sunday. The OFFICE DEPOT Branded DVDS are now %29.99 per 100. So take $25 off right now and 50% later. Great buy. Oh, they're discontinuing their branded DVDS and w/e other media cause they're paying either more or the same as Imation and they're made by same manufacturer. That's the inside scoop as of now.

We're going to have to pick are poison which isn't bad at all on these picks.
_
20. November 2008 @ 12:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- Last I checked The Officedepot Branded Dvd media was either Made by Ritek or Ricoh ! The Tdk's Atleast according to Officedepots own website are Made By Imation ? Not having Bought any 0f the 16x Dvd TDK media I can't confirm This as 100% fact but That's what the website says ! Are Officedepot Phasing out Their own Branded DVD media ? I hope not ? It's the only Store Brand I will Buy in Dvd Media ! And it's the Pefect Media for Giveaways for the family - So we can save our Taiyo Yudens ,Sony's & Verbatims for ourselves ( God I'm Selfish ) Or maybe Shellfish ? HauuuuuuuuCk !!!!! Sorry I had to disgorge a Pearl !!! I suppose I could always just Buy Riteks Online Given the right price ? Or Maybe just wait for one of those Taiyo Yuden Silver Shiny Thermal sales and Load up ? Decisions, Decisions ? I don't think I've ever seen Ricoh's onslae online though ? our if I have it's not often ! We'll Figure it out If Officedepot does a Buy one get two Free sale It's Xmas in november !!!! Good luck and happy Shopping dr_ml422dr_ml422

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
JoeRyan
_
20. November 2008 @ 13:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ritek makes both Ritek and Ricoh. Ricoh makes no discs. Neither does Imation. Imation distributes Imation, Memorex, HP, and TDK brands that are manufactured by OEM factories including Ritek.
stuntfoto
_
20. November 2008 @ 19:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just went to office depot today,

I needed double layer disks... TDK DVD+R DL 8x Speed 8.5GB was 32.99 for 25, i thought it was a good deal...

Buy 1 Get 1 free on the Memorex Tatoo'ed cdr's

all Office Depot brand media are 25% off including thumbdrives and sd cards and dvd markers.

There can be only one, 1
dr_ml422
_
20. November 2008 @ 19:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BIG, Joe Ryan's correct. Ritek makes all those brands mentioned. We and anyone into digital media and the MIDs would be privy to this info. The sales girl has no clue. She just assumed that Imation made OFFICE DEPOTS branded discs. Yes they're phasing out all their branded discs. So there'll be a big clearance going on starting now w/25% off their branded DVDs and 50% off either starting Friday or this Sunday. So stack up.

I pulled the trigger on the $19.99 Riteks from Newegg w/free shipping as I never used them before. The Verbs at $29.99 are tempting but I know what I'm going to get w/them already and have a 100 spindle on hand now. Never tried the old wrapping though so I might splurge, but as of now holding off. I'm calling OFFICE DEPOT tomorrow Friday and if that 50% off is in effect I'm in for a spindle or 2.

Supermedia has TYs at a great price right now. Both their premium and value line. I'll hold off for now on them also as I have about 150 of the 8x DVD-Rs. If by black Friday these stores and sites get crazier then I might have to reload and continue squeezing the trigger. You know well how fast they go when you're burning.

Btw if anyone knows where to get the ricohs let me know. I haven't even seen them.
bratcher
_
20. November 2008 @ 21:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Supermedia has TYs at a great price right now. Both their premium and value line. I'll hold off for now on them also as I have about 150 of the 8x DVD-Rs. If by black Friday these stores and sites get crazier then I might have to reload and continue squeezing the trigger. You know well how fast they go when you're burning.
Pull the trigger? Not a bad idea!! Right now I'm pretty stocked up on discs but I can always use more of them. However Meritline is cheaper than Supermediastore on 8x TY white inkjet hub printable right now.

Look at these prices for example.

Supermediastore 100 pk $33.99 each.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...vd-r-media.html

Meritline $29.99 each per 100 pk.

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...-printable.html

And look at the 600 packs. Supermediastore $174 & Meritline $155.99 guess which one I'd rather pull the trigger on? Supermediastore.. That 600 pack with Meritline is only $180 with shipping but Supermediastore has free ground shipping on that 600 pack. Bang!!

Want 8x white inkjet hub printable premium line? Both store are the same $39.99 price on 100 packs but the 600 packs are Supermediastore $195 & Meritline $179. I'd go with Meritline but I haven't checked on the shipping yet. Wait a minute, Supermediastore is cheaper again with that free shipping. Gimme that 243 rifle with a scope. Bang!!

Meritline is even cheaper than Supermediastore on the 16x white inkjet hub printable but not by much though. And both have free shipping on it.
dr_ml422
_
20. November 2008 @ 22:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
Pull the trigger? Not a bad idea!! Right now I'm pretty stocked up on discs but I can always use more of them. However Meritline is cheaper than Supermediastore on 8x TY white inkjet hub printable right now.

Look at these prices for example.

Supermediastore 100 pk $33.99 each.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...vd-r-media.html

Meritline $29.99 each per 100 pk.

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...-printable.html

And look at the 600 packs. Supermediastore $174 & Meritline $155.99 guess which one I'd rather pull the trigger on? Supermediastore.. That 600 pack with Meritline is only $180 with shipping but Supermediastore has free ground shipping on that 600 pack. Bang!!

Want 8x white inkjet hub printable premium line? Both store are the same $39.99 price on 100 packs but the 600 packs are Supermediastore $195 & Meritline $179. I'd go with Meritline but I haven't checked on the shipping yet. Wait a minute, Supermediastore is cheaper again with that free shipping. Gimme that 243 rifle with a scope. Bang!!

Meritline is even cheaper than Supermediastore on the 16x white inkjet hub printable but not by much though. And both have free shipping on it.
Hi bratcher. What if any have you seen is the difference between the value line TYs and their premium line? Also what about the tape wrap ones? Once you cut the tape open how do you store them so they won't get messed up or anything? Finally I never used the white inkjet hub printables. Do they stay white or get dingy in time? Do you actually print on them? Thnx.
_
20. November 2008 @ 22:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Also what about the tape wrap ones? Once you cut the tape open how do you store them so they won't get messed up or anything? - Well One way is to recycle your old Cake boxes . You could also use Binders & Wallets or some of those D.J. Style Hardcases assuming you have them or are going to buy them ? I went with the Recycling approach For the 600Valuelnes I bough about 2-3 xmases back . You might also consider not unwrapping more than a spindle /tapewrap pack at a time or no more you have empty cakeboxes , wallets , binders or D.j. Cases For . Also you could hit the dumpsters for some free DVD cases and store them that way Cost wise the Dumpster rescued DVD cases and Recycled cakeboxes are your most economical and ecologically sound choices ! Good for you, good for your media, & good for the enviorment too !!! Hope this helps out

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
20. November 2008 @ 23:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi BIG. Great to be laughing especially during the Holidays. I have the binders for when they're burned, and I also have some ready to go on some cake boxes as well that are burnt also. I meant how do you keep the blank ones from getting dirty or messed up when they're only on a spindle w/no cover? Also how have those value line faired, especially the white ones. Heard premium were better.

Get the rifle ready OFFICE DEPOT might begin the 50% sale tomorrow.
_
20. November 2008 @ 23:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
JoeRyan- Thanks Joe !!

I knew about the Ricoh /Ritek connection . Imation I've never really used dvd media wise . I've Been sticking with what works for me - and a lot of others Taiyo Yudens - Theirs , MIJ sony =Taiyo's , Verbatims , Sony-MIT's and Riteks/Ricoh's - In various Guises = Maxell's , Officedepot's Old TDK's and though they may not be Taiyo or Verbatim quality media they're decent enough for Giveaways and Projects that you don't want to use a Taiyo Or Verbatim for at first if your not quite sure of your outcome ? {EXPERIMENTAL} I suppose One could use a RW disc too but I've found they don't work as well after a few rewrite cycles and are more prone to scratching & CRC errors than write once media . atleast in my experience anyways ! again Joe thanx for the input and insight and keep on Burning !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
20. November 2008 @ 23:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Hi bratcher. What if any have you seen is the difference between the value line TYs and their premium line? Also what about the tape wrap ones? Once you cut the tape open how do you store them so they won't get messed up or anything? Finally I never used the white inkjet hub printables. Do they stay white or get dingy in time? Do you actually print on them? Thnx.
Difference between valueline & premium line? Not much. The white surface seems to be the same & the premium line has a little better test results. For me the valueline has been fine. As to the tape wrap I cut it carefully then put the discs on a spindle that once held other DVD's. The white surface stays clean & yes I print on the discs right after burning them with an Epson RX680 using Acousticia CD/DVD Label Maker software which I like better than the Print CD software that comes with the printer. The discs take ink well, dry very quickly plus the printed image looks very good.

I used to buy the 4x Verbatim white inkjet printable when it was available & used a sharpie on them as I just don't care for shiny discs. All of those have remained clean on the surface since I burned them. Why did I buy them when faster media was available? They were cheaper. Recently I picked up a 50 pack of generic 4x white inkjet printable who's mid code says Optodisc. They work great in the DVD recorder thats hooked up to the cable DVR but then 8 & 16x TY does too. I'm only buying the 4x discs from Meritline while they last then going back to the 8x TY's. I won't use those 4x discs in the computer though as they are too slow for burning.

The silver shiny discs are cheaper plus you can use a sharpie on them. But as you can see I prefer the printable discs over the non printable shiny ones.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. November 2008 @ 00:12

dr_ml422
_
21. November 2008 @ 00:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:

Difference between valueline & premium line? Not much. The white surface seems to be the same & the premium line has a little better test results. For me the valueline has been fine. As to the tape wrap I cut it carefully then put the discs on a spindle that once held other DVD's. The white surface stays clean & yes I print on the discs right after burning them with an Epson RX680 using Acousticia CD/DVD Label Maker software which I like better than the Print CD software that comes with the printer. The discs take ink well, dry very quickly plus the printed image looks very good.

The shiny discs are cheaper though plus you can use a sharpie on them. But as you can see I prefer the printable discs over the non printable shiny ones.
That's good to know about the value line. Guess they're just a lil cut under the premium but still TYs huh. I'm going to start saving more empty cake boxes. The shiny silver thermal are great also. I'll check those white ones out too. You don't need a burner w/lightscribe do you to print on the discs? I haven't explored that deep into burning. Is the ink where they get you $$$ wise? I would presume so as some printers they practically give away or have great sales on.

I'm glad you mentioned about the OFFICE DEPOT branded discs cause I'm definitely going to hop on a case or 2.
bratcher
_
21. November 2008 @ 00:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

That's good to know about the value line. Guess they're just a lil cut under the premium but still TYs huh. I'm going to start saving more empty cake boxes. The shiny silver thermal are great also. I'll check those white ones out too. You don't need a burner w/lightscribe do you to print on the discs? I haven't explored that deep into burning. Is the ink where they get you $$$ wise? I would presume so as some printers they practically give away or have great sales on.
Yes quality wise the valueline is slightly worse than the premium line. I've used & been very happy with both.

The white inkjet printable discs don't use lightscribe for printing. Instead you print on them with a printer (like my Epson) than can print directly on CD's & DVD's that have the printable surface.

They sell the printers cheap & soak you on the ink which is why some people search out cheaper ink that works in the printer. I'm still using the Epson ink however I've thought about buying cheaper ink for my RX680 from either Supermediastore or 4inkjets. What I hear is the results on the cheaper ink is good so I'll be trying some for myself soon.

If you don't have CD printing capable printer like I do then save yourself some money & keep buying the shiny silver discs. They work work for a lot of people.
dr_ml422
_
21. November 2008 @ 01:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can you use a sharpie on those white printables or it won't stick? also you know the silver thermals can take images also but in a different way.
bratcher
_
21. November 2008 @ 01:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can you use a sharpie on those white printables or it won't stick? also you know the silver thermals can take images also but in a different way.
Yes the white inkjet printables work just fine with a sharpie. I used a sharpie with a lot of Verbatim 4x white inkjet printable discs while that supply lasted as I didn't have a CD printing capable printer at the time. The sharpie ink dried quickly & never smeared on the disc.

The silver thermals use a different kind of printer & they don't do color at all. The images are just pure black.
dr_ml422
_
21. November 2008 @ 01:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh I see. now I'm good to go w/either one. Think OFFICE DEPOT has their sharpies on sale also. I'm making that call tomorrow about the 50%. At $15 bucks per 100 DVD+/-R you can't go wrong.
Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
21. November 2008 @ 02:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh I see. now I'm good to go w/either one. Think OFFICE DEPOT has their sharpies on sale also. I'm making that call tomorrow about the 50%. At $15 bucks per 100 DVD+/-R you can't go wrong.
Then I wish you the best with your choice of discs...

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork