User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 23:29
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > how to run ps2 games from usb drive??
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to run PS2 games from USB drive??
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Kamrul06
_
22. March 2009 @ 03:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I am new here. Recently I have bought a PS2. Now I want to play ps2 games from USB drive. I will download ps2 games if it is possible.

So, please describe me how to run PS2 games from USB drive.

Thanks in advanced
Advertisement
_
__
_
8. April 2009 @ 19:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
- You need to have a software called USB Advance or USB Extreme(search the internet or contact me if you can't find it).
- Write this software using DVD Decrypter onto a blank CD-R.
- Insert the disc into the playstation 2.
- You should have a USB Pen drive ready, of capacity minimum 4 GB.
- Alongwith the USB Advance, you will get a software for your PC to convert the downloaded games into the games playable through USB.
- Open the software, browse for a game file, and convert it.
- Now insert the pen drive into your computer and copy the converted game files into the pen drive.
- Remove the pen drive from computer and insert it in your PS2.
- Boot your PS2 with the USB ADvance CD in it and now select the game and press the 'X' button to play!

Feel free to contact me for any detail.
shrek02
_
10. April 2009 @ 21:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is it possible to run this USB Advance without the CD? my drive totally spoil and it can't read any disc anymore.

thanks
_
13. April 2009 @ 13:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am really sorry to say buddy,
But your drive should be able to read the CD once, so that you can play your games through USB.

I am presently not aware of any method of booting your PS2 using a USB Pen drive.
If I come to know, I will be sharing for sure and expect the same from your end.

Thanks.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. June 2009 @ 10:55

KajNrig
_
13. April 2009 @ 13:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, first off, you should just rip your games to your PC using DVD Decrypter if possible. It'll save on downloading time. (Har har har. 'Cuz you're probably just stealing the games anyway. But I digress.)

There IS a way to boot USBAdvance without burning it to a disc, but to do that, you have to have Swap Magic. Since your PS2 can't play discs, it can't play Swap Magic, and since it can't play Swap Magic, you're pretty much screwed. (Swap Magic allows you to boot homebrew software - in this case, USBAdvance - and if you can't load Swap Magic, you can't do a lot of the stuff you want.)

Why did you buy a PS2 if it couldn't read discs? Seems like a really bad investment to me. You can probably buy replacement parts for it online if you really want.

Anyway. Hope that helps.
_
13. April 2009 @ 13:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, I do agree with "KajNrig".
You may opt to go with buying a new LENS for your PS2 and that would allow you to play all your games on discs.

They are available online.

Kamrul06
_
14. April 2009 @ 00:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks wroxtar, I have no Swap magic disk. Can I play ps2 games from USB by using your method??
Kamrul06
_
14. April 2009 @ 00:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I also need USB Advance/USB Extreme software. Plz send me it to my email. Email: kamrulahsan06@gmail.com
KajNrig
_
14. April 2009 @ 01:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Kamrul, kid, there's such a thing as etiquette, even on the internet.

1.) There's no way to boot any USB games if you can't boot a disc even once. You need to get a laser assembly so that you can boot even a single disc, which is what you'll need to do in order to boot USBAdvance.

What happens is this: Put in Swap Magic/some other boot disc, load your homebrew software (USBAdvance). You can't skip that first step until you've done it at least once.

2.) Search for the freaking things yourself. It's not hard to find at all. And have fun getting your email spammed up like nobody's business; if you had read the rules, you would have realized that giving out your email is a no-no, because spambots will suck it up.

3.) Not to be a complete jerk, of course. Google "usbadvance download" or something and you should find it easily.
_
14. April 2009 @ 12:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey chillax man,
I don't understand what fun people derive out of spamming.

And I don't even want to know...so it's quite natural that I won't do such a stuff ever.

Want to believe...you may..otherwise I don't care.
But I never spam, and I don't even know how to do it or why to do it.
Even if someone lists down the benefits for the same, I won't support it, coz its something like harassing someone, which is against my ethics.

And Kamrul06, don't worry, I'll find time to consider your request and mail the entire procedure to you, but as the mod said, you need to boot the disc at least once.

Thanks for sharing this thing mod.
KajNrig
_
15. April 2009 @ 09:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by wroxtar:
Hey chillax man,
I don't understand what fun people derive out of spamming.
...what are you talking about? I said there are going to be spambots that are going to find his email and send him a bunch of random junk. I never said anything about anybody spamming anyone.

And we already told the kid that he NEEDED to have a working laser assembly. The fact that he ignored us is his fault, not ours. I'm definitely not gonna help him when he won't even bother trying to help himself. Like buying a laser, for instance. Or searching for USBAdvance.
_
15. April 2009 @ 13:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Awrite,yeah...

True...very true...
I am sorry I misunderstood your statement.
My mistake.

I apologize for that.
_
20. April 2009 @ 09:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. April 2009 @ 10:03

_
20. April 2009 @ 10:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by KajNrig:
Kamrul, kid, there's such a thing as etiquette, even on the internet.

1.) There's no way to boot any USB games if you can't boot a disc even once. You need to get a laser assembly so that you can boot even a single disc, which is what you'll need to do in order to boot USBAdvance.

What happens is this: Put in Swap Magic/some other boot disc, load your homebrew software (USBAdvance). You can't skip that first step until you've done it at least once.

2.) Search for the freaking things yourself. It's not hard to find at all. And have fun getting your email spammed up like nobody's business; if you had read the rules, you would have realized that giving out your email is a no-no, because spambots will suck it up.

3.) Not to be a complete jerk, of course. Google "usbadvance download" or something and you should find it easily.
does have be a modded ps2 and can u do this with any model of ps2
_
20. April 2009 @ 13:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes PS2 has to be modded as far as my knowledge goes or if not that, maybe it can even work with SWAP MAGIC THING... I'm not sure about the latter though, coz I haven't used it.
KajNrig
_
20. April 2009 @ 17:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I haven't kept up with the PS2 USBAdvance, so I'm not sure if you can direct-boot it from SM. Try downloading the USBAdvance .elf, and then rename it to "SMBOOT0.ELF".

In your USB flash drive's root, create a folder called "SWAPMAGIC" (all capital letters). Put your SMBOOT0.ELF file inside that folder.

Boot up Swap Magic, plug in your USB drive, and at the SM menu, press Up+L1. If everything goes right, USBAdvance should boot perfectly. If it doesn't boot, then it won't work on the PS2.

(What I described was the steps for the PS3, so... yeah.)
_
20. April 2009 @ 18:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i thouth if this could be used on none modded ps2 would be nice i own over 50+ ps2 games musty rpgs and what keep them froming geting marked up but i don't really have the money to buy a permodded ps2 atm. i have a ps3 but has hardware failer i need sent in be fixed but coat 150 doller i have ps3 games in wrapers that hav't even opein T T re5 =(

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. April 2009 @ 18:25

_
20. April 2009 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
aw my sympathies with you mate...
that's really a disaster!
Let's see how we can help you out.
I'll hit you back once I reach home...Am at the office right now.
KajNrig
_
20. April 2009 @ 20:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can get Swap Magic for around $25, and you won't mod a thing on your PS2.
_
21. April 2009 @ 12:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
But that SwapMagic thingy is not available in the country where I stay. They are more popular in other countries maybe. Here, modded PS2 are available.
KajNrig
_
22. April 2009 @ 00:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh, I was talking to the guy above you.

They're not available in your country? That's a bit of a shame.
_
22. April 2009 @ 13:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There's nothing to be ashamed of, it's just that people here are not having so much time to waste time and money over such luxuries, they are more inclined towards the real life and are tackling it in their own ways.

And if something is popular only then all its accessories are freely available. Console gaming must be popular in your country and many other countries, but here people are still not well aversed with something like a computer or a cell phone. So, consoles are totally something not so much known in this part of the world. And even if some of them know about it, they are not interested in it.

Well, but there are people like me too, who love to live in the virtual world and burst my anger out on the not-zombies of Resident Evil 4. LOL
_
22. April 2009 @ 14:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have alot time to waste butnot alot money to waste XD i waste all my money and still can't buy everthing.... need batter paying job

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. April 2009 @ 14:07

_
22. April 2009 @ 14:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOL, same is the case with me pal!
I planned of having a huge room dedicated to gaming with a large plasma screen or a projector with the walls all stuffed with game dvds. And I would call upon all my friends and cousins to visit that gaming den anytime they wish and satiate their gaming desires to their fill!
I wish one day I am able to make this dream come true.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
22. April 2009 @ 16:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
go LDP http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/subty...s&subtype=dlptv that what i have and cheeper then plasma or lch it takes little more room but can get biger tv for less i have 50inch samsung LDP i had over 4 years

Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > how to run ps2 games from usb drive??

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork