User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 22:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > how to run ps2 games from usb drive??
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to run PS2 games from USB drive??
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
8. May 2009 @ 14:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so now u can run ps2 game off of a usb drive instead of burning them on to disc? I wish i knew about this like 2 years ago. Cuz now i have so many disc (backups) i dont know where to out them.

Dax here!
Advertisement
_
__
_
8. May 2009 @ 15:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Daxsmoker:
so now u can run ps2 game off of a usb drive instead of burning them on to disc? I wish i knew about this like 2 years ago. Cuz now i have so many disc (backups) i dont know where to out them.

Hey Dax, yes its true that you can run the games without using the real DVDs, but mate, everything is not as smooth as you might be assuming it to be...here's why:

- The method of converting and transferring a game to a USB Drive is time consuming.
- Moreover, not all games are compatible with the USB Thumb drives, I don't know about USB Hard drives.
- And I am using this method only to save my LENS and make it live longer...lol
- If I knew this method, I would still make backups in the form of DVD, because they would stay permanently with me. So that I can transfer them to the USB Drive whenever I want to play them.

And I guess, this method of playing games is very old now, coz PS2 is no more in the picture today...

So this method was developed when PS2 was ruling the gaming arena.
Maybe you didn't try to find out...

The moment I saw two USB Ports on my PS2, when I got it, I began searching the internet for ways I can use those ports.
So here I am, I can play games off my USB Thumb Drive.
I have heard that many games are compatible with a USB Hard Drive.
So I am thinking of buying a USB Hard Drive soon, so that I can transfer many games at a time on that Hard Drive instead of pluggin in and out so many times and spending so much time behind the transfers and conversions.
_
8. May 2009 @ 21:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that does sound like a good idea, i havent had a problem with my lens but then again i dont play the ps2 much any more. I do want to know if it does cut on the load times and if it does imagine with a solid state hard drive the game u could play with it.

Dax here!
_
11. May 2009 @ 15:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Daxsmoker:
that does sound like a good idea, i havent had a problem with my lens but then again i dont play the ps2 much any more. I do want to know if it does cut on the load times and if it does imagine with a solid state hard drive the game u could play with it.
Man is never satisfied...

Ever since I came to know about this USB method, I hunted down the method to do it over the internet.
And when I could do it successfully, guess what...I would have hardly played 2 games that too for just 1 hour or even less...

So I can't really say if it cuts on the LOADING times....but will surely check and let you know.
RVY
_
16. May 2009 @ 09:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by wroxtar:
Originally posted by RVY:

I have wrote USB EXTREME on a black cd but , my ps2 ( the fat ) is telling that insert a disc with format playstion 2, i have use dvd decryter ! what can i do
Do you have a PS2 installed with a MODCHIP?

If not then use Swap Magic or something like that. I posted instructions assuming that you have a modchip installed PS2.

for a FAT PS2, you have so many options. You have a Hard disk for yourself, so no need for you to waste a CD, instead transfer that USB ADVANCE.elf you found frm the internet to your Hard Disk and you can run it from there and play games.

You will find all the details in other threads right here at AFTERDAWN.
The thing is that in my country the network adapter is expensive! what type of disc can i burn the usb advance?
RVY
_
17. May 2009 @ 11:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by RVY:

I have wrote USB EXTREME on a black cd but , my ps2 ( the fat ) is telling that insert a disc with format playstion 2, i have use dvd decryter ! what can i do
Do you have a PS2 installed with a MODCHIP?

If not then use Swap Magic or something like that. I posted instructions assuming that you have a modchip installed PS2.

for a FAT PS2, you have so many options. You have a Hard disk for yourself, so no need for you to waste a CD, instead transfer that USB ADVANCE.elf you found frm the internet to your Hard Disk and you can run it from there and play games.

You will find all the details in other threads right here at AFTERDAWN.

Hi - the thing is that the network adapter is expensive in my country! on what type of cd can i burn the programme?
_
18. May 2009 @ 01:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
when i burn anything for my ps2 i use sony dvd+r, i havent had a problem yet.

Dax here!
_
18. May 2009 @ 13:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been using Moser Baer DVD-R as well as DVD+R without any issues whatsoever on a modded slim PS2 having MATRIX INFINITY 1.93.
cassyryde
_
10. June 2009 @ 06:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
- You need to have a software called USB Advance or USB Extreme(search the internet or contact me if you can't find it).
- Write this software using DVD Decrypter onto a blank CD-R.
- Insert the disc into the playstation 2.
- You should have a USB Pen drive ready, of capacity minimum 4 GB.
- Alongwith the USB Advance, you will get a software for your PC to convert the downloaded games into the games playable through USB.
- Open the software, browse for a game file, and convert it.
- Now insert the pen drive into your computer and copy the converted game files into the pen drive.
- Remove the pen drive from computer and insert it in your PS2.
- Boot your PS2 with the USB ADvance CD in it and now select the game and press the 'X' button to play!

Feel free to contact me for any detail.
hey wroxstar,

i have tried ur method..

my bf got me a PS2 from india last week and i am trying to run games using USB ...

i downloaded the USB Advance software u are talking about and burnt a cd of it using alcohol 120...

however when i put it in it says that the disc could not be read..

the chip is matrix infinity version 1.93..

any help will b greatly appreciated..

thanks!

cassy

n00bie
_
10. June 2009 @ 10:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
hey wroxstar,

i have tried ur method..

my bf got me a PS2 from india last week and i am trying to run games using USB ...

i downloaded the USB Advance software u are talking about and burnt a cd of it using alcohol 120...

however when i put it in it says that the disc could not be read..

the chip is matrix infinity version 1.93..

any help will b greatly appreciated..

thanks!

cassy
ur welcome...

yea I have that issue very often coz I too have the same modchip installed on my PS2.

it really bugs me off...when I see that message...

You know what...you need to enter the MATRIX CONFIGURATION MENU..and change some setting over there...it works for me!
I'll show you how to do this.

-Turn the PS2 on.
-Keep 'triangle' + 'circle' buttons pressed.
-You will see the MATRIX CONFIGURATION MENU, which looks like this:

- here you need to turn the 'MACROVISION FIX' off.
-Press START to save the settings and reset your console.

This should work for you.

And yes, one more thing...you don't need to do this everytime, doing it once will save the changes and you will be able to play the USB ADVANCE cd after that whenever you insert it.

Feel free to get back to me if you find any issues.
Good luck!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. June 2009 @ 10:50

jebong78
Suspended permanently
_
25. August 2009 @ 11:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi .. i 'm new here but have been modified ps2 quite long time...
One of my mod is boot USB advance and HDD Loader via MAGIC GATE.. Please
refer this page http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp http://i1.lelong.com.my/UserImages/Items/0908/10/nerwandy@13.jpg
http://i1.lelong.com.my/UserImages/Items/0908/10/nerwandy@12.jpg
http://i1.lelong.com.my/UserImages/Items/0908/10/nerwandy@14.jpg

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. August 2009 @ 20:48

jebong78
Suspended permanently
_
25. August 2009 @ 11:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Happy to say that if u have modified ur magic gate (memory card) to boot direct to any program u like, u can kiss goodbye ur modified and cd/dvd drive goodbye .. WHY??? because there is no reason more to use them.. Better play games from HDD or USB DRIVE..
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. August 2009 @ 18:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by jebong78:
Happy to say that if u have modified ur magic gate (memory card) to boot direct to any program u like, u can kiss goodbye ur modified and cd/dvd drive goodbye .. WHY??? because there is no reason more to use them.. Better play games from HDD or USB DRIVE..
This is not new knowledge.

So what are you advertising with that link in your signature.

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
_
25. August 2009 @ 19:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea, right said smokyrain!

Caught him red handed...making beautiful posts won't let anyone get away with advertising...lol...
ddp
_
25. August 2009 @ 20:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
jebong78, lightning struck!!! post edited

thanks smoky
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. August 2009 @ 21:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anytime ddp

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
_
24. February 2010 @ 05:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
O.K. I know this thread has been a year, but... *speechless*

My slim ps2 is modded already--so will it allows games to be played via the usb drive?
kawaljeet
_
25. February 2010 @ 20:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Kamrul06:
Hi,

I am new here. Recently I have bought a PS2. Now I want to play ps2 games from USB drive. I will download ps2 games if it is possible.

So, please describe me how to run PS2 games from USB drive.

Thanks in advanced

pradeep bhutani
_
17. March 2010 @ 23:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bunalz3:
O.K. I know this thread has been a year, but... *speechless*

My slim ps2 is modded already--so will it allows games to be played via the usb drive?
Yes. See the guide here:
_
17. March 2010 @ 23:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://versatile1.wordpress.com/2008/01/...f-usb-with-ps2/

Anyone that needs a guide with videos.

LilacWinee
_
31. March 2010 @ 05:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
:-) Thanks for the info. I got puzzled sometimes when I download a game and can't play it.
zen505
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
19. April 2010 @ 14:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cant he do this ? (if the laser is gone)

Make MC BOOT (at friends PS2)... and read programs form USB stick then ?

I have MC BOOT and i can start from USB: ULaunch, SMSplayer, emulators ...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 19. April 2010 @ 14:17

GUPILO
_
28. April 2010 @ 09:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
- You need to have a software called USB Advance or USB Extreme(search the internet or contact me if you can't find it).
- Alongwith the USB Advance, you will get a software for your PC to convert the downloaded games into the games playable through USB.
- Now insert the pen drive into your computer and copy the converted game files into the pen drive.
- Boot your PS2 with the USB ADvance CD in it and now select the game and press the 'X' button to play!

please can you send me the software for USB Advance AND USB EXTREME.
I IT POSIBLE YOU SEND ME A DVD Decrypter SOFTWARE
_
28. April 2010 @ 11:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by GUPILO:

please can you send me the software for USB Advance AND USB EXTREME.
I IT POSIBLE YOU SEND ME A DVD Decrypter SOFTWARE
I can provide you with the links to download them.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Amison
_
2. May 2010 @ 19:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, I am trying to get USB Advance to work on PS 2 - it is Modbo Chip one. I'm basically getting please put a PS 2 disc insert screen on my PS 2. Here are my questions, thanks in advance.

1. When you have to burn the image file is this the. BIN file and this file alone?

2. I know it mentions using a blank CD-R - I only had a DVD-R, will it work if I try a CD-R?

3. I used Sonic Digital Media LE.V7 and it asked me to format the Disc to which I said and burn data. Does it matter that I used Sonic Media and not Nero?

4. Is there a list of compatible ROMS for the PS 2?

5. And what capacity USB dongle would you recommend and will be used for the saves as well.

Thanks.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. May 2010 @ 19:12

Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > how to run ps2 games from usb drive??

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork