User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 15:41
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > xvid resets to xvid mobile after/while autogk
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Xvid resets to Xvid mobile after/while AutoGK
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Danage
_
11. November 2011 @ 19:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi All!

I Have configured Xvid's unrestricted profile to how I want it. While AutoGk is converting the profile has swapped back to Xvid Mobile. Why is this? and also is there anyhow I can check the output file to see if it really has encoded using my set up?

EDIT: I have managed to use an unrestricted Xvid profile using the normal gordain knot. I must admit the quality looks awesome!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. November 2011 @ 21:40

AfterDawn Addict
_
12. November 2011 @ 05:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any settings in the XviD configuration are erased by AutoGK - it controls the settings internally.
The Advanced Options and the Hidden Options (Ctrl F9)are the only changes you can make.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/autogk.htm
hello_hello
_
15. March 2012 @ 06:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Better late to a thread than never, I guess......

I assume you've uninstalled the version of Xvid which comes with AutoGK and installed a different version? That's generally not a good thing if you want to continue using AutoGK.

If it's selecting a mobile profile then it's selecting the wrong profile due to you having a different version of Xvid installed. A mobile profile will use more restricted VBV settings (buffer, maximum bitrate etc) and probably cause issues with AutoGK hitting a desired file size in two pass mode, although Xvid can only control the VBV settings when running 2 passes. If you're only running single pass encodes, then using the mobile profile mightn't matter too much.

If you don't use either of the hardware compatibility options, AutoGK should use an unrestricted profile and a custom matrix. If you use a hardware compatibility option, it should use one of the Home Theater profiles. MTK will have AutoGK using a custom matrix, while ESS will have it using either the h263 or mpeg matrix, depending on the compression test result.

Which Xvid settings are you manually configuring which are better than the settings AutGK uses?
Related links
Download XviD codec from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
where do i find xvid codecs for 360 2 29. November 2013 Xbox 360 - Everything else
Xvid file stops playing after a few seconds 5 26. August 2012 Video - Everything else
AVI / Xvid media player 5 5. July 2012 Sony PSP - Homebrew software
Xvid upgrading to Virtualdub 2 24. June 2012 Video - Everything else
End of Xvid movies suddenly cutting off? 5 17. February 2012 Video playback problems
New guide: Encode DVDs to XviD with MeGUI 1 11. February 2012 News comments
.mkv 720p to .avi 720p (matroska to XviD) 2 30. January 2012 Convert video to another format
Changing resolution with xvid 3 24. December 2011 Convert video to another format
DVD to AVI/Xvid oddities 2 2. November 2011 Convert DVD to another format

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > xvid resets to xvid mobile after/while autogk

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork