User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 08:23
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > dvd shrink 3.2 with nero 10
Show topics

Forums
Forums
dvd shrink 3.2 with nero 10
  Jump to:

Posted Message
lab1965
_
14. September 2011 @ 23:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I noticed that the discussion regarding DVD Shrink in a different thread (link from Google) that I had reading was fairly old. It talked about reinstalling Nero 6 b/c a member was receiving "To enable burning, please install Nero" on the Backup DVD menu of DVD Shrink 3.2. Those were the days when almost every program was 32bit including windows. With the newer version of windows (7, 64 bit), and the 64 bit software, (Nero 10) the old dvd shrink (3.2) won't recognize Nero EVEN after clean reinstall. I recently purchased Nero 10 a few months ago. I also had purchased DVD shrink 2011 (and had it installed for awhile) but the windows weren't popping up at the right times and you couldn't adjust certain settings b/c the window was behind the another shrink window and you couldn't move the windows. When I emailed the dvd shrink about it, they apologized and said they had some bugs to work out. (This was right after the 2011 version came out.) They said they would let me know when they had done that so I could download the newer version. They said my activation key would still work on the newer version. I haven't heard anything from them. I installed the 3.2 version of shrink (that I had saved as a download some years ago)and have been using it but it won't recognize Nero 10. When I recently downloaded the 2011 version and went to enter my key, the program won't accept it.
I said all that to ask if there are any work-arounds. (I temporarily backup the target on HDD then open Nero (BackItUp10)and then burn the DVD manually.)I followed the advice in the old thread but b/c it was 4-5 years old, it doesn't seem to be working with Win7 64 or perhaps it's the newer version of Nero?? I have reinstalled both Nero 10 and DVD Shrink 3.2 but it still says "to enable burning, please install Nero". Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. September 2011 @ 00:03

Advertisement
_
__
_
15. September 2011 @ 00:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think Nero 7 was the last Nero to work with DVD Shrink.
look here at the ultimate sticky thread
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/675820
and notice the threads about how nero 8 and 9 dont work, i assume 10 is the same way.

If you need to autoburn, use the IMGburn option
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/664041

_
11. December 2011 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,

I've had similar problems myself when I tried to install Nero, on my laptop. The installation just wouldn't complete. Nero seemed to be attempting to access the Internet but I can't do that at the moment because I can't access my wireless router.

All I want to do is create a CD from some audio files I have.

What's annoying is that the saleman at PCWORLD assured me that I had everything I needed to create CDs and DVDs; I'm not sure about DVDs but I cannot find a way to create CDs. At least with Nero you can try it out before you buy it so I didn't waste any more money than I already have.

Another thing; when I was installing it; Comodo keep putting warnings on the screen as it attempted to install the various components.

I don't understand why I need Nero; Why can't I use other burning software? Especially as Nero apparently won't work with DVD Shrink.

I think it's probably best to uninstall everything and abandon the project.

In the not-so recent past I used a PC for video and audio editing. Unfortunately it gave up the ghost and I had to replace the motherboard, but now I can't access my SATI HDD. What a mucking fuddle.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. December 2011 @ 13:54

AfterDawn Addict
_
11. December 2011 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AVStoDVD can create DVD movies from various types of files - it includes the ImgBurn burning program to burn the disk..

ImgBurn - the burning program - can be used to create a music CD from various types of audio files.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

Both are free.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. December 2011 @ 21:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The author of dvd shrink the original software program not the fake (dvd shrink 2011)now works for nero as such nero recode is shrink in it's updated form without the ripping ability for obvious legal reasons

If your using backitup why don't you set nero to burn what's the point of dvd shrink or even nero recode,is this for movie dvd's or save data of some sort & you want to add compression,which i would think could be set within backitup

@ Tekpete
Newer versions of nero require internet access to download microsoft .net updates which you obviously don't have amongst other minor 3rd party software required for nero to function,most late model style software require certain updates to work

As for comodo there is a manual for it,all those popups do is warn you a program is attempting to install that goes for any install you attempt including updates to other software,there should be an option somewhere that lets comodo set to install mode so those pop ups disappear,try right clicking on comodo system tray icon next time you get hassled,however don't disable it,the whole point of those warnings is so you know there is an attempt of installation so you can block it as it could be a virus,obviously if you install a program it won't be a virus

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. December 2011 @ 21:39

Chetwood
_
11. December 2011 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dvdshrink always denied working Nero (Recode), both on forums and in his mails to me. That said, Nero is utter bloatware crap and should be avoided. Use Deepburner for Audio CDs and ImgBurn for DVDs.

MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)
MultiShrink
: batch processing for DVD Shrink
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. December 2011 @ 23:51

_
12. December 2011 @ 09:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Chetwood:
Dvdshrink always denied working Nero (Recode), both on forums and in his mails to me. That said, Nero is utter bloatware crap and should be avoided. Use Deepburner for Audio CDs and ImgBurn for DVDs.
I understand what you say. But when using DVD Shrink you get a message saying you need Nero to burn the disc otherwise it just copies files to the hard disc; it will not allow you to set the DVD drive as the destination.

Also I want to create a CD from a wav file I have; I'm not sure Deepburner or IMGBurner will do that.

And besides when I originally installed IMGBurner yesterday, DVDShrink still said I needed Nero to burn.

Later on I installed version 6.3120 of Nero which I have on CD onto my Acer Aspire, but DVD Shrink is still saying I need Nero.

When I've used DVDShrink in the past it would only burn a DVD when Nero was also installed. I just cannot find a way to use any other burning software.
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. December 2011 @ 09:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
12. December 2011 @ 11:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks I'll try it later.
-Pete
Related links
Download Nero from here.
How to burn DVDs with Nero? Read our guide from here.
Support AfterDawn and purchase your copy of Nero from here!
Download DVD Shrink from here.
Read our DVD Shrink guide from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
My Nero 6 OEM not compatable with Windows 8.1 4 2. June 2014 Windows - Software discussion
Transfer DVD Shrink "recognition" ability. Old computer to New computer 11 31. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
ImgBurn DVD Decrypter won't work with Shrink 3 29. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
nero 2014 3 24. May 2014 Nero discussion
need to download Nero 9 5 9. May 2014 Nero discussion
read errors on disc verify in nero 12 2 3. May 2014 Nero discussion
I lose sound when I join files on Nero 12 Platinum? 9 29. April 2014 Nero discussion
Nebraska Won't Go Into Shrink 8 22. March 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink 3 10. February 2014 Video - Software discussion
DVDLab Pro to DVD Shrink issue 3 8. February 2014 Video - Everything else

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > dvd shrink 3.2 with nero 10

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork