User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 19:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > dvdlab pro to dvd shrink issue
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVDLab Pro to DVD Shrink issue
  Jump to:

Posted Message
lapetite66
_
14. January 2014 @ 20:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi:

Just recently I used dvdlab-pro to make a dvd to play on television. Everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to shrink it in DVD shrink. I keep getting the error about DVDShrink being out of memory and the parameters not being correct.

I orginally thought that it was the size of the dvd I was trying to shrink which I don't believe was the problem(7.73GB) but I went back and edited the video in DVDLabpro and deleted some menus and shows that I originally had in the original project which brought the size down to 5.60GB. Once again when I tried used DVDshrink I got the same identical error.

I did a internet search about the DVDshrink issue and read that it could be a problem with the video output from whatever source; in this instance it would be DVDlabpro or it could be the video files used in the project. In my case I had a bunch of files in two different formats, .flv and .mp4. I then converted them into MPEG-2 using Xilisoft video converter with the following out specs

Video size = 720x480
Video bitrate = 1200
Audio = Ac3
Audio bitrate = 192
Video dimension 16:9
Video = NTSC

If you ever used DVDlabpro then you know that if your videos aren?t configured properly DVDlab will most certainly let you know. I didn't get any error message so assume that everything was up to par. I will say that I did add some of my own homemade background music and that some of them might have been longer than the preferred 1 minute and yes some of them did have different bitrates but in the past that wasn't an issue. To test this theory I went back once again to the downsized DVDlabpro project(5.60GB) and removed background music from ALL menus except the main menu...and still I got the error message.

I test the project before exporting the project to a video folder to make sure all my link are working etc.

I also tried looking for alternatives to DVDshrink but haven?t found anything up to snuff. I tried using DVDFab and the shrunk video came out horribly pixilated so that wasn?t any good to me.

I don?t know why this is happening! This is a big deal because if I can?t use DVDShrink to downsize dvd projects of 7 point whatever, then I will have to make sure that all my projects from here on out are only 4.27GB at the most which also means I will have to use more than one dvd disc for each project when in the past I was able to use just one disc per project.

Any help will be geatly appreciated.

Thanks,
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. January 2014 @ 05:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is DVD Shrink opening commercial DVD's without complaint?
lapetite66
_
8. February 2014 @ 00:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Is DVD Shrink opening commercial DVD's without complaint?
Hi attar:

Sorry for not getting back sooner I've just been swamped with other things. To answer your question yes, DVD shrink does open commerical DVD's without any issues but for whatever reason it won't open the the ones I produced using DVDLab Pro.

do unto others...than run. :)
Related links
A brief look at DVD-Lab.
Guide to converting SVCD to DVD±R with DVD-Lab.
Download DVD-Lab DVD authoring software.
Download DVD Shrink from here.
Read our DVD Shrink guide from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Transfer DVD Shrink "recognition" ability. Old computer to New computer 11 31. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
ImgBurn DVD Decrypter won't work with Shrink 3 29. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Nebraska Won't Go Into Shrink 8 22. March 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink 3 10. February 2014 Video - Software discussion
Getting the famous "dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue invalid dvd navigation structure" message 9 3. February 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink - what happened!! 6 20. January 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Is DVD Shrink 2013 a hoax? 11 25. November 2013 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Drive and DVD shrink 2 26. October 2013 Convert DVD to another format
shrink isnt working with my windows vista 8 23. September 2013 DVD Shrink forum

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video - everything else > dvdlab pro to dvd shrink issue

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork