User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 21:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > dvd shrink not automatically launching nero
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD Shrink not automatically launching NERO
  Jump to:

Posted Message
CuriosGeo
_
16. July 2013 @ 02:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ive been using DVD Shrink 3.2 for several years on both my desktop and laptop with no problems. Just recently my laptop version no longer burns DVDs. Ive found that the registry on my laptop no longer has any references to NERO Burn. ie; Enable NERO Burn. Those NERO entries are in the registry on my desktop and it still automatically burns and has rhe NERO references in it. I re-installed DVD Shrink on my laptop and it still doesnt have any references to NERO. In fact, it has several less Registry entries than it did before I re-installed. Both machines used the same install program and thats what I re-installed with. Both machines are running NERO OEM.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for your time!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. July 2013 @ 02:48

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. July 2013 @ 13:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I assume that it's Nero 7 or earlier and 'enable burning with Nero' is checked in the File i/o preferences?
CuriosGeo
_
16. July 2013 @ 13:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, it is Nero 6.3.1.17 and the "Burning with Nero" is checked. Both machines have the same programs and settings.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. July 2013 @ 13:43

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. July 2013 @ 14:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
IIRC, Nero had to be installed before DVD Shrink, so perhaps uninstall both and try that.
There used to be an uninstall tool for particular versions of Nero to get rid of all traces, but I can't recall where to get it.
You do know that there is a portable version of DVD Shrink that can backup to use ImgBurn instead of Nero.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. July 2013 @ 14:38

CuriosGeo
_
16. July 2013 @ 15:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The NERO installed on both machines are OEM that means it was installed when the machines had their software installed before being shipped to a retail location. I thought about modifying the Registry on the laptop to match the desktop but that is a little scary. I looked at different registry information before but never changed it. Could whack the whole laptop. :-)
What do you mean "portable" version of DVD Shrink? I also have ImgBurn on the laptop. Does that allow you to automatically burn the DVD within DVD Shrink?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. July 2013 @ 15:15

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. July 2013 @ 19:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes;when you click Backup, ImgBurn appears as a burning option.
I think you uncheck the 'i/o ..Nero' setting in Shrink's Preferences too.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?d=DVDShrink32_w_ImgBurn.rar
Advertisement
_
__

_
Chetwood
_
17. July 2013 @ 01:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
As mentioned in our FAQ, the Nero morons changed the commands for calling up their engine from inside DVD Shrink in version 7.x or so.

MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)
MultiShrink
: batch processing for DVD Shrink
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Related links
Download Nero from here.
How to burn DVDs with Nero? Read our guide from here.
Support AfterDawn and purchase your copy of Nero from here!
Download DVD Shrink from here.
Read our DVD Shrink guide from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
My Nero 6 OEM not compatable with Windows 8.1 4 2. June 2014 Windows - Software discussion
Transfer DVD Shrink "recognition" ability. Old computer to New computer 11 31. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
ImgBurn DVD Decrypter won't work with Shrink 3 29. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
nero 2014 3 24. May 2014 Nero discussion
need to download Nero 9 5 9. May 2014 Nero discussion
read errors on disc verify in nero 12 2 3. May 2014 Nero discussion
I lose sound when I join files on Nero 12 Platinum? 9 29. April 2014 Nero discussion
Nebraska Won't Go Into Shrink 8 22. March 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink 3 10. February 2014 Video - Software discussion
DVDLab Pro to DVD Shrink issue 3 8. February 2014 Video - Everything else

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > dvd shrink not automatically launching nero

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork