User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 16:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > getting the famous "dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue invalid dvd navigation structure" message
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Getting the famous "dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue invalid dvd navigation structure" message
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
15. January 2014 @ 00:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey folks it's been awhile since I've been on AFD.

Well my old PC crashed & used Nero Recode to back up my DVD's. Now have a newer Windows 7 PC.

Downloaded DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 & also IMGburn. Still have AnyDVD and it's up to date.

When trying to back up a few DVD's have gotten the " DVD Shrnk encountered an error & cannot continue Invalid DVD structure message"
I though it was the DVD since it had a few bad scratches on it but tried other dvd's but still getting the message.

I made sure AnyDVD scaned the discs first to remove protection but still not working ?

Any suggestions feeling like a newbie again ??

Thanks

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz
16GB memory
1TB HDD
AnyDVD & CloneDVD

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. January 2014 @ 00:18

Advertisement
_
__
Chetwood
_
16. January 2014 @ 00:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Shrink has always been picky when it comes to specs compliance so if ripping a DVD to disc with AnyDVD or DVDFab and then opening it in Shrink won't do, there's pretty much nochting you can do.

MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)
MultiShrink
: batch processing for DVD Shrink
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
_
16. January 2014 @ 05:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dabig25:
Hey folks it's been awhile since I've been on AFD.

Well my old PC crashed & used Nero Recode to back up my DVD's. Now have a newer Windows 7 PC.

Downloaded DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 & also IMGburn. Still have AnyDVD and it's up to date.

When trying to back up a few DVD's have gotten the " DVD Shrnk encountered an error & cannot continue Invalid DVD structure message"
I though it was the DVD since it had a few bad scratches on it but tried other dvd's but still getting the message.

I made sure AnyDVD scaned the discs first to remove protection but still not working ?

Any suggestions feeling like a newbie again ??

Thanks
Shrink is a very nice application, it does not tolerate invalid directory structures. The DVD Fab firm, will allow free use of their program for dvd archiving. From there, the files on the hard drive can be addressed with Shrink. There are other free programs, I chose the one I use.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. January 2014 @ 05:20

_
16. January 2014 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Forgot to mention I have AnyDVD just scanning disc....Not ripping it to HD.

Will that make a difference ?

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz
16GB memory
1TB HDD
AnyDVD & CloneDVD
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
16. January 2014 @ 12:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
run it thru clonedvd if still no go dump the menu & select titles only even 1 title at a time if need be

_
16. January 2014 @ 12:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Clone DVD works fine.

I just wanted to try it with shrink since IMO compression quality is better

I never back up movies with menu. Always just back up main movie only

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz
16GB memory
1TB HDD
AnyDVD & CloneDVD

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. January 2014 @ 12:47

_
26. January 2014 @ 19:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now when its time for IMG Burn to burn onto a blank disc this message comes up
What's going on ??

I use AnyDVD to rip disc to HD
Then use DVD Shrink to compress it
Now when trying to use IMG Burn to write it to Blank Disc and get this ??

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz
16GB memory
1TB HDD
AnyDVD & CloneDVD

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. January 2014 @ 22:17

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
26. January 2014 @ 23:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not sure if you should be concerned or not only things i can think of is either a permission issue or hard drive has damaged sectors tho it does seems strange those sectors were able to be written too without an error popup ,best bet either move iso to another partition or another hdd try again if error comes up again re create from scratch the iso on that other partition or hdd,if it works i'd run seagate seatools for windows on C,do a smart test a basic test & long generic

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
3. February 2014 @ 13:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dabig25:
Forgot to mention I have AnyDVD just scanning disc....Not ripping it to HD.

Will that make a difference ?
I had a similar problem before:

1.- New versions of AnyDVD & FAB Apps. Rip the VOB file to a fake location to E:\ or. D:\ by Default!
2.- When is save to: C:\ [HD] & as soon the ripper app is closed: The already ripped ISO structure change to be configure to work with the ripper App "Combo-deal = Encoding Engine". So we end up having problems with Shrink & other apps. to ID the ISO.

My advice: Check here:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-35/...971204/#5934302

Good Luck.

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. March 2014 @ 18:38

Related links
Download DVD Shrink from here.
Read our DVD Shrink guide from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Transfer DVD Shrink "recognition" ability. Old computer to New computer 11 31. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
ImgBurn DVD Decrypter won't work with Shrink 3 29. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Nebraska Won't Go Into Shrink 8 22. March 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink 3 10. February 2014 Video - Software discussion
DVDLab Pro to DVD Shrink issue 3 8. February 2014 Video - Everything else
DVD Shrink - what happened!! 6 20. January 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Is DVD Shrink 2013 a hoax? 11 25. November 2013 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Drive and DVD shrink 2 26. October 2013 Convert DVD to another format
shrink isnt working with my windows vista 8 23. September 2013 DVD Shrink forum

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > getting the famous "dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue invalid dvd navigation structure" message

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork