User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 05:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > is dvd shrink 2013 a hoax?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Is DVD Shrink 2013 a hoax?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
rocket_pc
_
10. November 2013 @ 15:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can anybody tell me about the "NEW" DVDShrink 2013; who this is selling this; if is the original creator or if this is somebody trying to make money off of obselete software? I paid money and believe I have been swindled. This version has less function then the original, and does not appear to have codecs to decrypt files, nor appears can launch DVD Decrypter. I think I have been swindled out of fifty dollars that I paid for it.

Regards,
D.
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
10. November 2013 @ 17:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You could've got by using dvdfab hd decrypter which is free to rip & edit with the original shrink or nero recode

i find it strange you didn't try before buying,i can't as i'm stuck on dial this 500gb cap is not enough..lol..

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=dvdsh...nCc6FkwXd4oHIDA

Chetwood
_
11. November 2013 @ 00:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The sticky on the official forum as well as the entry on Wikipedia mention that all of these newer versions are SCAMS.

MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)
MultiShrink
: batch processing for DVD Shrink
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
rocket_pc
_
11. November 2013 @ 15:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
You could've got by using dvdfab hd decrypter which is free to rip & edit with the original shrink or nero recode

i find it strange you didn't try before buying,i can't as i'm stuck on dial this 500gb cap is not enough..lol..

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=dvdsh...nCc6FkwXd4oHIDA
DVD Fab prompts asking for a double layer disk, and often freezes up. I figured if DVD Fab asks for paymeht of their premium, and noticed in the past people praising dvdfab, I assumed the dvdshrink people approved of the 2013 version, and its sale.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
11. November 2013 @ 22:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah on vista & win 7 dvdfab plays up i never thought till just now to use the compatibility mode & run dvdfab under as xp sp3

dvdfab has never asked me for a dual layer disc whether i insert a dvd 5 or a dvd 9 nor would i expect it too so long as the video file structure on the dvd isn't corrupted it will read it

I use to use dvdfab exclusively even tho i had anydvd,however upgrading to vista/win7 has forced me to use anydvd then i run clonedvd & if i need too i'll use shrink or nero recode which is part of nero 10 suite

xbox09
_
12. November 2013 @ 04:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rocket_pc:
Can anybody tell me about the "NEW" DVDShrink 2013; who this is selling this; if is the original creator or if this is somebody trying to make money off of obselete software? I paid money and believe I have been swindled. This version has less function then the original, and does not appear to have codecs to decrypt files, nor appears can launch DVD Decrypter. I think I have been swindled out of fifty dollars that I paid for it.

Regards,
D.
you've been swindled, dvd shrink has always been free.
Bozobub
_
12. November 2013 @ 12:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This is exactly why you research before you buy, each and every time. If you make the same mistake with security software, you'll end up pretty much boned, and formatting your HD (at a minimum) or with questionable charges on your credit card.

Now that these people have your payment info, you need to IMMEDIATELY notify your credit/debit card provider of the fraudulent sale. You may be able to recover the funds (it depends on the provider and circumstances), but the real issue is that you need to prevent further fraudulent activity.
_
22. November 2013 @ 00:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I highly recommend you keep an eye on your credit card and debit card. Maybe cancel them and get a new card. You never know, you might have put yourself in harms way.

ps355528
_
23. November 2013 @ 06:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
as the dev of the psl_dump routine.. yes.. they are all scams.. funny thing is ad still hosts a clean shrink final 3.2.. and there is a full set of ripping/burning/remastering proggies (obsolete but still good) on cdcovers.cc.. if you know my username over that way ;)

is it april (checks calendar... nope) .. oh well.. I'll just have4 to mop up my coffee and carry on laughing at the continuing lack of common sense.. thought people would have learned to research for a minute before paying for anything.. free alternatives are ALWAYS available.. no matter what it is.. but I guess not seeing how many infected to shit pc's I still get asked to fix every week..

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
rocket_pc
_
25. November 2013 @ 01:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, All this discussion, ironically I believe I had downloaded the software from a link on the left-hand column of the AfterDawn email newsletter. Concerning paying for software like this, CNET Downloads center lists numerous products like this as "Free" , but then find there is a very brief trial period, requiring payment thereafter.
Incidently, the main purpose of my using this software is to convert the video to an MP4 that I can view on my pocket computer. So, I am not involved with the sort of piracy like making movies to view on home theater system, or for selling for money.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Bozobub
_
25. November 2013 @ 02:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Instead of converting the files, *most* recent tablets will run either MX Player (very good UI, plays many formats flawlessly) or BSPlayer (also many formats, not as good UI, but better 10-bit decoding) just fine up to 720p or so, and relatively new ones will do 1080p with to stutter/lag. If you have enough storage for the unconverted video, downloading the free version off Google Play of either player may save you a heap of trouble and time. Assuming your tablets is Android-based, of course...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. November 2013 @ 03:00

Related links
Download DVD Shrink from here.
Read our DVD Shrink guide from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Transfer DVD Shrink "recognition" ability. Old computer to New computer 11 31. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
ImgBurn DVD Decrypter won't work with Shrink 3 29. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Nebraska Won't Go Into Shrink 8 22. March 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink 3 10. February 2014 Video - Software discussion
DVDLab Pro to DVD Shrink issue 3 8. February 2014 Video - Everything else
Getting the famous "dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue invalid dvd navigation structure" message 9 3. February 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink - what happened!! 6 20. January 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Drive and DVD shrink 2 26. October 2013 Convert DVD to another format
shrink isnt working with my windows vista 8 23. September 2013 DVD Shrink forum

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > is dvd shrink 2013 a hoax?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork