User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 21:12
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > where are the old skool lot?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Where are the old skool lot?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
5. October 2012 @ 00:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well since the early days i really got my computer education here @Afterdawn and soon after in the last few years i actually got my Dip in I.T Networking and actually got a job in the field and was fixing issues on a daily basis soo hence i stepped away from AD but still lurked and read articles and only recently now that i am out of work again i have come back just too keep my skill level up.

Its good to see soo many old faces.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
Advertisement
_
__
_
13. October 2012 @ 04:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well done on your diploma and subsequent employment, borhan!

Flipped my car the other day and managed to scramble clear of the wreckage as it lay upside down in a ditch. Certainly counting my blessings.
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
13. October 2012 @ 07:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lethal_B:

Flipped my car the other day and managed to scramble clear of the wreckage as it lay upside down in a ditch. Certainly counting my blessings.
Damn dude wow how did u manage that. Glad your ok :)

mate i got the job but jobless atm looking like a mad man for a job that fits.
Mate take care and rest up get well soon

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. October 2012 @ 21:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Lethal_B:

I too, hope that you are okay, Lethal!

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce - Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Computer: Intel Core i7-920 Nehalim;Asus P6T Deluxe V2

1 product review
_
20. October 2012 @ 05:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
still waiting for the real old schoolers to chime in. :-P
ddp
_
20. October 2012 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how old?
Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
20. October 2012 @ 15:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by zippyd:
Fine I'm here now. Now get off my lawn!

Oh wait. That was just plain old. Never mind.

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
ddp
_
20. October 2012 @ 19:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
loosing your mind in your old age are you!!!!!
_
22. October 2012 @ 06:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i'm 71 is that old enough ??? lol

gif by ireland

we cant help if you wont help yourself
Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
22. October 2012 @ 08:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by vurbal:
Originally posted by zippyd:
Fine I'm here now. Now get off my lawn!

Oh wait. That was just plain old. Never mind.
That's nice of you to suggest I still had it when I was younger
Originally posted by ddp:
loosing your mind in your old age are you!!!!!
Like I had it when I got here 10 years ago :)

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
ddp
_
22. October 2012 @ 14:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nope, blame the wife, kids or both!!!
ps355528
_
7. January 2013 @ 17:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
just thinking.. its been ages.. some of us just get younger ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. January 2013 @ 18:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll be the first to admit that I've put on some weight.

ddp
_
7. January 2013 @ 20:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
attar, you sure are besides getting extremely hairy. when was the last time you've been to the barbar?
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
7. January 2013 @ 20:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ps355528:
just thinking.. its been ages.. some of us just get younger ;)
Would wife /10

Originally posted by ddp:
attar, you sure are besides getting extremely hairy. when was the last time you've been to the barbar?
I miss your jokes.

http://my.afterdawn.com/mik3h/blog_entry.cfm/1394 - Guides written by me.
http://www.adbuddies.org/ - Join us Live on IRC!

(Kudos to Ripper For The Beautiful Sig!)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. January 2013 @ 20:26

_
9. January 2013 @ 09:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I remember some of you! Man, it's been too long since I've last been on here. In the last few days I've been active on here again.

The forums I was most active in were the PS2 forums. The console mods for the PS2 in particular really opened up a new world for me back in the day.

And don't feel too bad, Cyprien, I don't have a girlfriend either :(

1 product review
_
17. January 2013 @ 03:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah i was really active in the ps2 forum myself.. :3

PC i7 3770K 8Gb Ram Radeon 290X 4TB WD Black 60Gb SDD
Xbox360 Slim RGH Dash 16202
Xbox360 PHAT 14719 BENQ drive
Black PS3 CECH-L04 PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
White PS3 CECH-2506B PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
Black PS3 DECH-J00A DEX FW4.50
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. March 2013 @ 20:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It was my 7th year here a few weeks back. Good god.

1 product review
_
20. March 2013 @ 18:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
It was my 7th year here a few weeks back. Good god.
7 is nice... in november ill have 10 years :3

PC i7 3770K 8Gb Ram Radeon 290X 4TB WD Black 60Gb SDD
Xbox360 Slim RGH Dash 16202
Xbox360 PHAT 14719 BENQ drive
Black PS3 CECH-L04 PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
White PS3 CECH-2506B PS3ITA 4.50 Converted DEX
Black PS3 DECH-J00A DEX FW4.50
ddp
_
20. March 2013 @ 21:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
9yrs this coming october.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. March 2013 @ 22:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been dropping in here since March 2004. Things here certainly have changed since then.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce - Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Computer: Intel Core i7-920 Nehalim;Asus P6T Deluxe V2
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
21. March 2013 @ 20:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Joined March 1, 2003. Facebook has changed how people communicate on the web. There are still a few active specialty forums such as the Bike Forums but many of the older forums are slowly fading.

http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php

"Please Read!!! Post your questions only in This Thread or they will go unanswered:

Help with development of BD RB: Donations at: http://www.jdobbs.com/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. March 2013 @ 13:30

_
28. March 2013 @ 13:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Lol Mik3h, you look so much older nowadays! (stands to reason, but still)..

About to hit my eighth year since signup in July.. incredible really. Definitely haven't been on a site for longer.

*waves* to everyone.
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. March 2013 @ 15:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I joined Yahoo email and eBay as the only other notables in 2006; I doubt I was really doing anything much on the internet before then!

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
29. March 2013 @ 03:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
back when i joined afterdawn pretty sure i was on the computer drinking alot and chatting up women online.original reason was a mod on an xbox went wrong and wanted to fix it.sold the xbox a year later,still stuck around on afterdawn to help people and to learn new things.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > where are the old skool lot?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork