User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 00:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - games > where are all the psp games
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Where are all the PSP games
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
12. November 2009 @ 01:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I went to the store today, Walmart and there is only 2 shelves for psp games, there was about 10 games per shelf. I mean come on where are all the games! The DS had like 2 full cases and games top to bottom in both.
So I went to Gamestop and they did not have much better, most of their inventory was just from used games. I am one sad panda mostly because the games that are out are not interesting. I want some psp games just for psp not no dang ports from the ps3 that I already own. Anyone else feel there are like no games out now for psp? or is it just me.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. November 2009 @ 19:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No, there aren't that many games out for the PSP nowadays, but to be honest, even though there are still a lot of DS games coming out, most aren't worth 5 minutes of your time - there are very few good ones. Even now i'm finding myself playing my PSP more than my DS.

PSP, all the way from 1.00 to 5.50 GEN D2 - DS Lite w/ M3DS Real (M3 Sakura v1.34)
PS3 3.01 - iPod Touch 2G 16GB Jailbroken - Xbox 360 60GB - PC, Q6600, 3GB DDR2, GTX260 (216) 896MB
valenkot
_
14. November 2009 @ 09:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DUDE HAD U GONE TO GAME PLANET? OR there are millions of games to download just go to the market and install the chip , make ur psp hacked and go to mexico , so policeman wont find u , lol jajaj just kidding , but if u want u can install the chip , u can download games from : www.espalpsp.com www.justgamez.net www.gratisjuegos.org www.nk-team.net www.torrent.com and try going to the market there have to be lots of games!
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. November 2009 @ 12:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@valenkot
What chip? The only modchip for a PSP ever was the Undiludet Platinum and that was only built for PSP fat in spring 2006.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
elsamboys
_
23. November 2009 @ 20:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Eisherz:
@valenkot
What chip? The only modchip for a PSP ever was the Undiludet Platinum and that was only built for PSP fat in spring 2006.
i recently had my phat modded with 5.50 genD2, now i can play most downloaded psp games and they don't cost me a penny.
_
24. November 2009 @ 16:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So bad.
_
28. December 2009 @ 10:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by koolyoe:
So bad.

+1
360lifer
_
24. March 2010 @ 12:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I agree that there is little to no retail games for the PSP and most of the ones on PSN are horrible simple games. It was like this when I bought mine used for $50 nearly two years ago. Only way I got my moneys worth was using it for videos.

dab0ne

1 product review
_
13. April 2010 @ 16:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This could be because of a few reasons... My theory:

1. The PSP Go's recent arrival.

with the Go here and unable to read UMD's maybe Sony had decided to cut back on creating hard copies of psp titles.

2. Sony isn't really making a ton of money.

Making UMD's costs money and that is something Sony has been losing recently. Every copy of a game that doesn't sell costs sony the price of the UMD, game case, booklet, and advertising. With PS3 sales not exactly going through the roof, maybe sony decided to make financial cut backs to save a little money.
_
30. June 2010 @ 13:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Didn't Sony say that they would push away from UMDs and go for digital distribution through PSN?

Anyways, you can still play PSX games on your PSP if you want a larger library. If your PSP is modded you can even rip, convert, and play your old games.

The only thing certain about the future is its uncertainty.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. June 2010 @ 13:25

AfterDawn Addict
_
30. June 2010 @ 13:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by samin90:
Didn't Sony say that they would push away from UMDs and go for digital distribution through PSN?

And I hope this fails miserably. I hate the whole thought of this.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
360lifer
_
1. July 2010 @ 10:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It has, they announced PSP 4000 or whatever so they are already ditching the Go style.

bboy25
_
13. July 2010 @ 20:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
go to pspiso.com
or pspisoz.com

for psp games
360lifer
_
15. July 2010 @ 10:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This isn't about not finding the games online, its about now there are no actual games to play! Gawd, can't even sell my POS PSP for cheap because the used market is just full of them.

kendahlj
_
9. December 2010 @ 15:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm late to this discussion, but the PSP is not just for games. I used to spend $150-$200 on a personal video player, usually an Archos. Every few years it would break. I got smart and just started watching movies on my PSP. Granted, it's finicky and you have to find a great converter. But still... It plays good games and lets me watch movies and listen to music. Why would you want to sell it?

I hate that the PSP is going all digital. Who doesn't like browsing for games at Walmart or Gamestop? They will lose out on TONS of sales. Say I want to get my kid a PSP game and wrap it up and stick it under the tree or in his stocking. Sorry...
AvngdZmbi
_
16. December 2010 @ 15:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well the whole reason why sony and other companies are turning to digital sales is due to the fact that whenever you go and trade in your used games and someone buys those used games the company that made that game doesnt see a single penny coming their way. the psp go is actually just a stride to try and stop those of us who rather buy used. its impossible to sell back your used digital copy therefore very soon the used game industry will be no more and we may even see the day where all places like game stop no longer exist. its sad but very true.... =/
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. December 2010 @ 11:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by AvngdZmbi:
well the whole reason why sony and other companies are turning to digital sales is due to the fact that whenever you go and trade in your used games and someone buys those used games the company that made that game doesnt see a single penny coming their way. the psp go is actually just a stride to try and stop those of us who rather buy used. its impossible to sell back your used digital copy therefore very soon the used game industry will be no more and we may even see the day where all places like game stop no longer exist. its sad but very true.... =/
Not with today's internet capacities.

_
11. May 2011 @ 21:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For me this is a bad news, don't tell me that I need to shelve my PSP and forget it.
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. May 2011 @ 09:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Laura999:
For me this is a bad news, don't tell me that I need to shelve my PSP and forget it.
The PSPGo is already discontinued for all parts exept for the US, so the whole digital thing hasn't really worked out all that well. Also there has been some great games lately (3rd Birthday, Dissidia Duodecim...), so you won't run out of games to play.
Also I am not entirely sure Sony did this to only kill off the used gaming market, but also all the in-between-traders. Let's say game store XYZ sells a copy of the game for 60 US$. Cut off the taxes and this shop got 50 US$. Let's say the shop has expenses of 15 US$ calculatet into this price (rent for the shop, payment for the shop clerc, transportation costs etc) and wants to earn 5 US$ out of it, so they bought that game for 30 US$. Normally they don't buy directly at Sony, they buy from a wholeseller. Let's say the wholeseller has got expenses of 8 US$ and wants to earn 2 US$, so he bought the copy from Sony for 20 US$. Just for this example, production costs for this copy were 10 US$ (including the money the programmers earned and all this). So Sony earns 10 US$ from this copy.
Now Sony sells the same game as a digital copy you get by downloading for the same price. 60 US$-10US$ taxes is again 50 US$. Sony has to pay for the digital storage (servers etc) but they don't have to produce an actual physical copy, so let's say production costs for the digital copy are 9 US$ (again including the money for the programmers etc). Sony earns 41 US$ from this digital copy. That's more than 4 times what they earned from the physical copy.
If you were Sony, what would you prefer?
Killing off the used gaming market is just a second benefit.
This is just an example, the figures don't have to be accurate (even though from my economics lessons I think they are close).
If I owned a big electronics chain I would have refused to sell the PSPGo.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. May 2011 @ 09:31

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
5. July 2011 @ 06:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@bboy

Nicely said, go to pspiso.com or pspisoz.com, theyre the bestest

GET PATAPON 1/2/3!!!! BEAT PSP GAMES IN HISTORY BTW!!!

PSP 1003 - 6.39 MEv4
PSP 2003 - 5.00 m33
Getting PSP Go soon, for legit games and PSN :)
Related links
Visit our PSP forums located at our sister site, Blasteroids.com!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
psp games not reading 3 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP Custom Firmware Malfunction 4 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
I cant see my psp games after changing the speed 333 5 9. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
Whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004? 5 19. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP won't turn on or charge 2 18. January 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
Psp go games gone all in saved utility data does not work 4 7. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
need help with my first generation psp!!! 3 20. December 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion
Second-generation PSP Vita will lose proprietary charging port 7 15. October 2013 News comments
help mod my PSP 5 8. October 2013 Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion
Help Needed Psp 2000 Backlight super dim 5 25. September 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - games > where are all the psp games

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork