User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 18:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > pc not opening psp memory card
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PC not opening PSP Memory card
  Jump to:

Posted Message
JWebster90
_
14. February 2012 @ 15:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok so heres my Problem....
I just bought a Sony Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo (8gb)(Magic Gate) and i am trying to put stuff from my PC to the memory card. So i put the memory card into the PSP and formatted the memory stick, then i switch on my PC and put the PSP into USB Mode and connected the PSP to my PC. Now normally when i do this with my old 32mb Sony Memory Stick Duo my PC asks me do i want to "open files or folders" or "Auto-Play" or "Open"..#etc but with my new memory card nothing comes up# So i go to my computer and there is the memory card under "Devices with Removable Storage" as Removable Disk#F:#but when i now try to access the files or anything on the removable disk my PC asks me to format the removable dick# If i format the memory stick i delete any data on it =# but as its new anyway i dont care so i go to format it and it says the memory stick is only 3#46gb and i format it under "File System" - Fat32 #Default## So then i format it and windows#vista# says Unable to format removable disk F:\ #But the removable disk will format under File System NTFS or FAT and even when i do that and put the files i want on the memory stick when i then try access the memory stick on my psp it says it needs to be formatted again and by doing that i lose all the stuff i just put on it =(. i really dunno wat else to do and hav been trying for 2days to fix this, if any1 can offer any help id be very grateful

Thank you in advance!
Related links
Visit our PSP forums located at our sister site, Blasteroids.com!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
psp games not reading 3 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP Custom Firmware Malfunction 4 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
I cant see my psp games after changing the speed 333 5 9. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
Whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004? 5 19. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP won't turn on or charge 2 18. January 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
Psp go games gone all in saved utility data does not work 4 7. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
need help with my first generation psp!!! 3 20. December 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion
Second-generation PSP Vita will lose proprietary charging port 7 15. October 2013 News comments
help mod my PSP 5 8. October 2013 Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion
Help Needed Psp 2000 Backlight super dim 5 25. September 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > pc not opening psp memory card

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork