Forums
Forums
psp newbie
  Jump to:

Posted Message
elmobaby89
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
9. October 2011 @ 03:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi im a psp newbie (literally)

im looking to put gba and nds games on my psp but i dont know how
i have a psp 3000 v 6.31

so my question is what do i need please
i have all my gba roms on my computer and nds roms as well
please help me thankyou
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. October 2011 @ 04:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
NDS roms won't work.
For GBA you need
http://psp.dashhacks.com/2011/10/07/psp...me-v96-released
the LCFW and
http://psp.dashhacks.com/downloads/gpsp...ame-boy-advance
the emulator. There are readmes encluded with both files.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
elmobaby89
_
10. October 2011 @ 02:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok so once i have downloaded these than what do i do...

i am a complete newbie to this and have no clue
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. October 2011 @ 13:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by elmobaby89:
ok so once i have downloaded these than what do i do...

i am a complete newbie to this and have no clue
What about follow the bloody readme's? I won't spoonfeed you with everything.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
elmobaby89
_
14. October 2011 @ 00:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have clicked on the site but which one do i download there are two
the CFW 6.39 ME V 9.6 and the LCFW 6.39 v 9.6

and then also when i download the gpsp thingy can i put my gba roms on to and where
DxxS
_
17. November 2011 @ 06:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think you would be best downgrading to OFW 6.20 then installing permanent CFW 6.20 Pro,
Some of my details may be a little off, check psp-hacks.com, they have guides you can follow and are very helpfull should you get stuck.
DxxS
_
17. November 2011 @ 06:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh and regarding the gba games, I think you can get an emulator for the PSP, not 100% though.
elmobaby89
_
29. November 2011 @ 01:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im still having trouble and dont understand does anyone know where to find a helpfull guide and whether i have to downgrade my firmwhere cause i know where to get roms and such but i dont have a clue on how they put them on and i have a gameboy advance emulator on the computer but its called G*****y A****ce Em*****r
DxxS
_
29. November 2011 @ 02:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have a read through these,
Ask questions here only link

Also worth a read link
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. November 2011 @ 13:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by DxxS:
I think you would be best downgrading to OFW 6.20 then installing permanent CFW 6.20 Pro,
Some of my details may be a little off, check psp-hacks.com, they have guides you can follow and are very helpfull should you get stuck.
Yea, sure, give someone totally unexperienced the advice to downgrade a non-repairable PSP. If something goes wrong it's bye-bye.
You do need a LCFW, either the one from the link I gave you above or get the newest, which is 6.60 LCFW:
http://psp.dashhacks.com/downloads/lcfw-660-me
If you get the latest you can update your PSP through network updating, you have to be on 6.60 to use 6.60 LCFW and on 6.39 to use the LCFW from the link I gave above.
Then follow this video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRA48V1IF98
For the emulator: I gave you one above, just download and open the archive, then open the folder "PSP", then open the folder "GAME", there is a folder called gpSP-J, now open your memory stick (either by using a cardreader or by connecting your PSP to your PC). On your memory stick there is also the folder "PSP". Open it, inside is one foder "GAME". Open that one too and copy the folder "gpSP-J" from the archive into this folder. You don't even need custom firmware for it, it is signed.

DxxS
_
29. November 2011 @ 18:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Eisherz:
Originally posted by DxxS:
Yea, sure, give someone totally unexperienced the advice to downgrade a non-repairable PSP. If something goes wrong it's bye-bye.
I was inexperienced before i did it and it worked out ok for me, i gave my opinion of what to do, you gave your differing opinion. The op now has 2 different methods to choose from and a vast expanse of knowledge from the different links we have provided.
elmobaby89
_
6. December 2011 @ 00:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey do you know whether i can download roms from c**lr**s dot com and whether they will work and also what other game systems will work on the psp ie.. playstation one
DxxS
_
6. December 2011 @ 03:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by elmobaby89:
hey do you know whether i can download roms from c**lr**s dot com and whether they will work and also what other game systems will work on the psp ie.. playstation one
I do not believe discussions regarding piracy/where to DL roms is allowed here.
Some PSX games will run on PSP CFW, (someone correct me if im wrong) You may need a popsloader if the CFW you have does not have the correct pops installed.

On http://forums.dashhacks.com/ there is a list as long as my arm of different game system emulators. Too many to list and most have instructions with them.

Hope this helps.
elmobaby89
_
7. December 2011 @ 00:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a version 6:31 so doesnt that mean i need a lcfw for a 6:31 instead
DxxS
_
7. December 2011 @ 03:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You could get a CFW for 6.31, it really depends what emulators and other homebrew you want to run, quite a lot of it is only compatible with older CFW's, I think your best bet would be to decide what Homebrew you want to run then see what they are compatible with and then choose you CFW from there,

Do you know what you want to run on the psp?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. December 2011 @ 04:00

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. December 2011 @ 14:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am out of this, if you blow your PSP (for example by downgrading under the firmware it minimum supports) I won't say I warned you.
By the way, there is no 6.31 LCFW, only 6.20, 6.35, 6.39, 6.60.

Advertisement
_
__

_
Neptune55
_
26. May 2012 @ 04:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
go to www.memorypsp.net thats where the true psp experts are at
Related links
Visit our PSP forums located at our sister site, Blasteroids.com!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
psp games not reading 3 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP Custom Firmware Malfunction 4 10. June 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
I cant see my psp games after changing the speed 333 5 9. June 2014 Sony PSP - Games
Whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004? 5 19. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
PSP won't turn on or charge 2 18. January 2014 Sony PSP - General discussion
Psp go games gone all in saved utility data does not work 4 7. January 2014 Sony PSP - Games
need help with my first generation psp!!! 3 20. December 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion
Second-generation PSP Vita will lose proprietary charging port 7 15. October 2013 News comments
help mod my PSP 5 8. October 2013 Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion
Help Needed Psp 2000 Backlight super dim 5 25. September 2013 Sony PSP - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > psp newbie

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork