User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 17:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. March 2009 @ 13:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by RippDogg:
Meritline has 100 Pack Ritek Ridata 16X DVD-R Media White Inkjet Hub Printable Ridata Red Shrink Wrapped - $24.89 shipped. (Edit-Greensman, I think this was the deal you referenced above, but they've sliced the price?)
It's a similar deal but the ones you are referring to are 16x DVD-R and the others are G05 8x DVD-R media. ;)

Both are good deals tho. ;)

...gm

add: link to 16x DVD-R deal

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
Advertisement
_
__
bratcher
_
22. March 2009 @ 03:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Meritline has 100 Pack Ritek Ridata 16X DVD-R Media White Inkjet Hub Printable Ridata Red Shrink Wrapped - $24.89 shipped. (Edit-Greensman, I think this was the deal you referenced above, but they've sliced the price?)
Ritek 16x is fairly good media. I get better test results with Tayio Yuden & Verbatim though.

Question: anybody ever grab one of those 600 pack DVDR deals? I did it with some TY once. Need to do it again before long as I'm down to around 150 discs. Might get one before the end of next month....
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. March 2009 @ 09:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
Ritek 16x is fairly good media. I get better test results with Tayio Yuden & Verbatim though.

Question: anybody ever grab one of those 600 pack DVDR deals? I did it with some TY once. Need to do it again before long as I'm down to around 150 discs. Might get one before the end of next month....
I never have but I have a couple of friends that do regularly. ;) They like the TY's of course and have very few problems. I think they normally get the 8x DVD-R version. ;) Good luck to you.

...gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
EnigmaCM

1 product review
_
22. March 2009 @ 22:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

I have bought the TY's before and maybe got one or two coaster (more than likely my error). They are a god deal but since they are pricier and since I prefer inkjet, I have now switched over to PiData, which read as Ritek G05 and are a little cheaper, 150.00 us for 600 with tax and free shipping plus they are Silver Inkjet ( http://www.emediadepot.com/Silver_Inkjet...r8x-sih-600.htm ), so the dvd once printed offers a nice picture to mimic a retail dvd. The look like this

(props to IHoe since I am using his pic as an example)
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. March 2009 @ 08:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't think that anyone posted this deal. They aren't bad discs and the price is dang good. :)

Ritek Ridata Double Layer 2.4X 8.5GB DVD+R DL Media 50 Pack

$39 delivered

...gm

_
29. March 2009 @ 17:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think BestBUy has the sony's on sale again for $12.99 per 50 Ct. Cakebox ??? Yup they Do DVD+R or DVD-R FWIW !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
29. March 2009 @ 21:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
I think BestBUy has the sony's on sale again for $12.99 per 50 Ct. Cakebox ??? Yup they Do DVD+R or DVD-R FWIW !!!!
Staples just had both Sony dvds n cds on sale. Still don't need dvd blanks, but snatched the 100pk. cd-rs for 15.99 w/a rebate cc from Corsair. sony's usually always cheaper at Staples. I think the DVDs were between $24 n $26. Prolly come out either even or lil more at Best Buy.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
30. March 2009 @ 08:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SMS is on the ball with 8x-r TY's
http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...line-200pk.html

thats shipped to the house!!!!
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. March 2009 @ 12:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I just bought some of those LG DVD-R discs just to try. lol. I know.... I'm sick. :P Well anyway we'll have an idea on how they perform and whether or not we wanna buy them in bulk if they go on a real sale.:)

....gm

bratcher
_
30. March 2009 @ 15:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by cincyrob:
SMS is on the ball with 8x-r TY's
http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...line-200pk.html

thats shipped to the house!!!!
Yes thats a very good price. But watch out on the white inkjet hub printable version. a 200 pack is $69.95 yet the 100 pack is $29.99 which is even better if you grab two. Thats $59.98 which is $10 cheaper when buying 200 of them!!

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...vd-r-media.html

Meritline is $54.99 for the 200 pack.

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...---p-18367.aspx

Or if you want the sharpie version

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...---p-18384.aspx

!00 is $25.99 & 200 is 50.99 which is not bad although SMS is $5 cheaper..

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. March 2009 @ 15:18

_
30. March 2009 @ 15:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Never understood why you can order a certain amount of any brand media from one of the retailers like 200taiyo yudens for example and if you ordered them as 200 taiyo yudens it was one price !! but if you ordered the same exact media as 2 - 100packs it would be Cheaper Sometimes ? I'm not complaining mind you I'll take a better price on any Media that I use if all I need to do is order it differently ? Duh!!! I' gonna do that ! Too much thinking to soon in the day !!!! My brain hurts !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. March 2009 @ 15:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@BigT

It's a gimmick to cheat the unsuspecting and poor mathematical adults and teens out of their money. For years it's been, if you bought in larger quantities the prices go down. Now a days it's almost common to charge more for a larger quantity because noone bothers to check the math and probably half could NOT if they wanted to. That's why merchants don't mind giving you the unit price with the price of the object. Next time in the grocery, watch as they scan the items; at least 2 or more will scan at a higher price than was marked on the shelf! caveat emptor!

_
30. March 2009 @ 20:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
garmoon- as long as I'm getting a better deal !I'll Buy a calculator if the math is beyond my understanding !!!! But I understand what you mean ! it's like when Big lots puts Dvd Movies onsale For $3.00ea. Or 4 for $10.00 =$ 2.50 whjich is a better deal you save $2.00on 4 movies Provided that they have 4 movies you want & don't already have ? Last sale they tried a new wrinkle on that sale A Double pack -2 movies Together for $6.00 or Buy 2 2packs for $10.00 dollars which works out to $2.50 again ! Unfortunately Biglots had nothing in either Video sectiion I wanted The regular $ 3.00ea. single movie or the $6.00 Double packs which were in two different areas ! So Better luck next time i suppose ? anyway I can always count on you for A fresh insight and Opinion ! Atleast You know your minds working LOL!!! Thanks For the info buddy Cheers !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. April 2009 @ 01:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Got the LG's in today. ;) DVD-R 16X 50 packs. CMC MAG AM3 is the MID. ;) Package says "MIT".

....gm

add: I can provide pix if you people want them. Seems like standard CMC MAG AM3 discs to me. Burning one as I write this.

dr_ml422
_
3. April 2009 @ 07:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ greensman Yes why not. Let us know how they turn out. Always good to have some other decent media laying around.

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. April 2009 @ 08:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i bought some TDK's from office depot last weekend they coded out as CMC MAG AM3 as well.thats the -r's i also got 50 of the +r's which code out as the ritek F16. ive gotten so so scans out of them but they look dawg gone good on the 50in 720i plasma, plus i only paid $9.99 for 50 of them
dr_ml422
_
3. April 2009 @ 08:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx cincy. I didn't hop on those as I still have some verbs n tys left, but I don't have too much decent blanks left. @ $9.99 that 's a steal. Been wanting to try those TDK's out also.

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
3. April 2009 @ 08:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this is the TDK 16x-r the same disc im burning right now. ill post the scan in the scan thread and link to it from here.

here is the link to the scan of this disc.
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/540688/4614534

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. April 2009 @ 09:43

_
3. April 2009 @ 11:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
All the TDK +r's I've bought from Radio Shack since january have coded out as Ritek F16. I also noticed that they had changed the spindle container. When I get paid next week, I need to see if they got anymore in. I cleaned out the 2 closest to me (bought 12 spindles) the past month. $9.99 for a 50pk spindle was good enough for me.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. April 2009 @ 11:21

bratcher
_
3. April 2009 @ 14:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ritek seems to burn good in my experience. So do most CMC discs except for some Memorex CMC's I bought who's burn test results were only fair (I've seen better with CMC) but I burned the whole spindle anyway & they read back fine for both data & video plus a few TDK CMC discs burned by a friend who's test results were horrible. I gave him some Sony to reburn the stuff on & they tested great. Perhaps his burner doesn't like CMC for some reason.

Radio Shack's Gigaware brand codes out as both Ritek & Ricohjpn. Both burn very well.
dr_ml422
_
4. April 2009 @ 02:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ritek seems to burn good in my experience. So do most CMC discs except for some Memorex CMC's I bought who's burn test results were only fair (I've seen better with CMC) but I burned the whole spindle anyway & they read back fine for both data & video plus a few TDK CMC discs burned by a friend who's test results were horrible. I gave him some Sony to reburn the stuff on & they tested great. Perhaps his burner doesn't like CMC for some reason.

Radio Shack's Gigaware brand codes out as both Ritek & Ricohjpn. Both burn very well.
Well that's some really good news for Radio Shack as everything else seems to be garbage. At least here in the apple. I'll have to go see if they have any of these discs. Over here they've stopped carrying certain things for some reason. Only available online I think.

I began w/Maxell's which are made by prodisc n they were pretty good. I then snatched some HP's and if I'm not mistaken they were CMC mags, but terrible. I caught my personal collection in time to transfer to TY's. Some just plain disintegrated.

bratcher
_
4. April 2009 @ 03:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
I began w/Maxell's which are made by prodisc n they were pretty good. I then snatched some HP's and if I'm not mistaken they were CMC mags, but terrible. I caught my personal collection in time to transfer to TY's. Some just plain disintegrated.
Good for you!! Maxell was made by Prodisc for awhile however I've also seen Ritek & CMC Maxell discs too. I don't know who is making them right now though since I quit buying in the store & started buying TY online.
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. April 2009 @ 07:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't bother with maxell either. Their MIJ hitachi were very sweet. Lots of ritek and Ricohs,but towards the end of the 8x and start of the 16x speeds,the dreaded Cmags came to be!!!!

No radio shack nearby,but I'll keep an eye on Gigaware discs.Office Depot's are the same way. Ricoh and Ritek. Wish they'd have another killer $15 per 100 pk tub sale.

HP a1118x-b/athlon 64-3300+/BenQ 1650 BCDC/LG 8163B/Modded Wii/Epson-R300 and Ty Watershields!!!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. April 2009 @ 07:28

_
4. April 2009 @ 09:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
saugmon- I hear ya' Buddy But I think they Quit Selling their Own Brand (Officedepot ) which is sad because They were the only Store Brand I would buy cause I knew I would get Ritek or Ricoh ! and not CMC or something worse @ that Time ! Luckily I bought the odd Spindle or Three everytime or nearly Everytime the went on sale so I'm good on them (OFFICEDEPOT) and Sony & Verb For a while ! Granted I don't have this information as Gospel Truth But I think it was the General concensus that that's what was going on with the Big Closeout sales from About Black Friday to sometime in January ? But I can be wrong and if I am I will be happy Cause they may start selling them again ? Till then I'll make doo with stock on hand and Order something online maybe when I gets short ! Good luck And happy Burning My Pollywoggian friend !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. April 2009 @ 13:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
has anyone bought a TDK stack from OD to see what they code out as now????

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork