User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 17:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr_ml422
_
11. April 2009 @ 10:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
@ bratcher Is the no stacking ring thing a big deal? What is it exactly anyway? Does it mean the inner circles won't fit snugly on top of each other? Thnx.

Those Verbs are a excellent grab. I was going to post those myself.
No stacking ring just means the disc doesn't have one on the top surface. I'm not sure if there is one on the bottom like I see on CD's...
Is there a purpose for the stacking ring period really? I mean if it doesn't have it on top then having one on the bottom is of no use because you can't stack it on top of another disc w/out not using the bottom stocking ring. This is kind of a trivial ?, I just never paid it no mind to ask, especially when I 1st read it on the disc descript... Thnx

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
Advertisement
_
__
JoeRyan
_
14. April 2009 @ 12:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The stacking rings appear only on the top of discs because there they do not affect the focal distance from the laser when the clamping ring secures the disc in a drive. The ring is to prevent discs from sticking together and blocking robotic arms from stacking them properly in duplication equipment and from scratching during shipping. New coatings and processes have reduced their need although printable disc chemistry does often cause sticking that the rings reduce.
bratcher
_
14. April 2009 @ 13:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JoeRyan:
The stacking rings appear only on the top of discs because there they do not affect the focal distance from the laser when the clamping ring secures the disc in a drive. The ring is to prevent discs from sticking together and blocking robotic arms from stacking them properly in duplication equipment and from scratching during shipping. New coatings and processes have reduced their need although printable disc chemistry does often cause sticking that the rings reduce.
I don't think I've ever seen printable or non printable CD's & DVD's with top stacking rings. Only on the bottom of discs.
ulagy
_
16. April 2009 @ 09:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
100 pack dvd-r verbs from newegg $22.99 with free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-L1B-_-17507005
dr_ml422
_
16. April 2009 @ 11:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't think I've ever seen printable or non printable CD's & DVD's with top stacking rings. Only on the bottom of discs.
I think you might be right as having them on top w/nothing on bottom would in my estimate create a tiny gap between the discs which doesn't happen, and can't happen so as to assure proper stacking for shipping etc... There has to be somewhat of a reverse input for both the top n bottom of the disc so they can neatly n securely stack on top of one another. There's a slight grooved edge that looks as if that's where they hitch up when mounted on top of each other in the cake box etc... Although I do see some flexibility when I tap the edge of a disc mounted on others in their shipping case. If that's the case then it would just need them on the bottom so you could access them easier instead of having to actually separate them which becomes a very small task.

bratcher
_
16. April 2009 @ 13:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think you might be right as having them on top w/nothing on bottom would in my estimate create a tiny gap between the discs which doesn't happen, and can't happen so as to assure proper stacking for shipping etc... There has to be somewhat of a reverse input for both the top n bottom of the disc so they can neatly n securely stack on top of one another. There's a slight grooved edge that looks as if that's where they hitch up when mounted on top of each other in the cake box etc... Although I do see some flexibility when I tap the edge of a disc mounted on others in their shipping case. If that's the case then it would just need them on the bottom so you could access them easier instead of having to actually separate them which becomes a very small task.
Just checked a Ridata 2.4x +R DL that I haven't burned or ptinted (it's not hub printable) & it has a stacking ring on the top of the disc. None of my other brands of discs do.
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. April 2009 @ 09:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I caught a glance at staple's ad for next week. Memosux for $24 per 100 pk. I'll pick up some more sony in this week's sale.

I did manage 2 of the 100 pks sony tubs for a hair under $18 with the $30 voucher they gave me on the return of 10 empty ink carts.

BTW: This caught my eye in the staple's ad. Diet Coke,Coke,and Sprite 12 pks on sale for $2.50 each. Limit 4.

HP a1118x-b/athlon 64-3300+/BenQ 1650 BCDC/LG 8163B/Modded Wii/Epson-R300 and Ty Watershields!!!
_
24. April 2009 @ 11:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
saugmon- Yeah O' Pollywoggian one ! I hear you !!! I've got two american express Gift Checks from work {SAFETY AWARDS} $20.00 total I was looking to pick up some sony's or verbatims at Bestbuy but they ain't been having them on sale lately So I'm Kinda Ka-Phoo-ied on in that respect ! I may just go see If I can get some Prepaid credit cards and Buy something online ? I suppose I could just bank'em in my account and do the same thing though ?

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
Joleca
_
24. April 2009 @ 12:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Don't know if you have an OfficeMax nearby, but if you do, they have Verbatims for $24.99/100 thru tomorrow (Sat 4/25).

~~~~ Nothings Forgotten. Nothing Is Ever Forgotten. ~~~~
_
24. April 2009 @ 17:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanx but No Officemax & No Staples _Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh !!!!!!, but we do have Officedepot - TDK® 16X DVD-R or DVD+R 50-PK
SAVE $8 INSTANTLY

$10.99- starting 01/26/2009 Don't know who's making TDK now but offering the Info FWIW anyways Ciao Y'all

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
26. April 2009 @ 09:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BestBuy has The Verbatims 16X DVD+R & DVD-R for $12.99 either Tpe/format for a 50ct. Spundle -also they have a 20ct. tub of the Dvd+R DL's for $29.99 which works out to about a $1.50ea. before tax? don't know if the DL's are the MIS ( Singapore made ) Ones but if I get some SL verbatims I'll check out the DL's while I'm there ! BestBuy & vrrbatims Kinda like Chocolate & peanut Butter !!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
26. April 2009 @ 10:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
BestBuy has The Verbatims 16X DVD+R & DVD-R for $12.99 either Tpe/format for a 50ct. Spundle -also they have a 20ct. tub of the Dvd+R DL's for $29.99 which works out to about a $1.50ea. before tax? don't know if the DL's are the MIS ( Singapore made ) Ones but if I get some SL verbatims I'll check out the DL's while I'm there ! BestBuy & vrrbatims Kinda like Chocolate & peanut Butter !!!!!!
Please let me know if the Verb +R white inkjet printable is on sale & at what price. Thanks!!
_
26. April 2009 @ 16:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- I am only going by the add But I think that the DVD+R that Bestbuy is selling on sale this week in either Sl or DVD+R DL is just the regular Non Printable label surface ? if that's what you Mean ! Samsclub Has the Verbatim Printables for $29.99 per 100ct. spindle but they are the non hub printable type Hope this helps!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
27. April 2009 @ 02:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- I am only going by the add But I think that the DVD+R that Bestbuy is selling on sale this week in either Sl or DVD+R DL is just the regular Non Printable label surface ? if that's what you Mean ! Samsclub Has the Verbatim Printables for $29.99 per 100ct. spindle but they are the non hub printable type Hope this helps!!!
It does & thanks. I'll stick with the 600 8x TY (inkjet hub printable) that Fedex delivered from Meritline ($159 & free shipping) that got delivered saturday morning at about 11:30AM. They will last me awhile.....

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. April 2009 @ 21:54

_
27. April 2009 @ 20:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher-- yEAH You can never be too Rich ,Too Thin, or Have enough Taiyo Yuden Media On hand ! Or verbatim if the deals right , Or Sony ect.... I suppose I should just Up and Buy my media in Bulk all at one time But that takes the Fun out of anticipating Sales and if I by a little At a time It mounds up trust me ! Besides The wife doe'snt complain this way !!! - LOL !!!! But They ( Taiyo Yudeens Mke Dandy Christmas Prersent, Or Birthdays or Father day or Whatever ....

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
27. April 2009 @ 22:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher-- yEAH You can never be too Rich ,Too Thin, or Have enough Taiyo Yuden Media On hand ! Or verbatim if the deals right , Or Sony ect.... I suppose I should just Up and Buy my media in Bulk all at one time But that takes the Fun out of anticipating Sales and if I by a little At a time It mounds up trust me ! Besides The wife doe'snt complain this way !!! - LOL !!!! But They ( Taiyo Yudeens Mke Dandy Christmas Prersent, Or Birthdays or Father day or Whatever ....
I don't buy blank media in the stores anymore. Only online from either Supermediastore or Meritline whichever has the best deal at the time. 100 discs is fine but I perfer to place 600 disc orders that last awhile before I need to reorder. When I did order I had about 35 8x TY's, 100 Prodisc 16x & about sixteen 8x Prodisc DVD's left to burn so I wasn't totally out of media. The 8x TY & 16x Prodisc is here by the computer while the 8x Prodisc is near the Magnavox DVD recorder thats hooked up to the cable tv DVR. The 600 pack of 8x TY's came from Meritline via Fedex last Saturday.

Oh & Verbatim in both 8x or 16x speeds is great stuff too as was the Verbatim 4x I used to use.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. April 2009 @ 22:03

bratcher
_
29. April 2009 @ 11:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
FYI for those that like Tayio Yuden 8x white inkjet hub printable media. Meritline has them on sale!! The 100 pack valueline is $29.99 per hundred & the premium line is $34.99 per hundred with free shipping. Of course I got the valueline last week (the hob printable ones) in a 600 pack last week & they were around $26.50 per 100 pack when bought as a 600 pack case.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. April 2009 @ 22:17

_
30. April 2009 @ 03:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- nothing wrong with the online retailers I've shopped Meritline and Supermediastore.com before for media ink & various other items ! Buying local Just works out for me right now ! But Pretty much if ya' want taiyo yudens you gotta go online anyways but you know that already ! Besides I'm Kinda Flush With media right now ! I still buy some when they have Verbatims & sony's on sale but I'm not as near the end of my supply as you were ! But I understand what your saying ! I finally hooked up my Dell 1320C laser Printer (Color] and I'm actually impressed ! It's wicked fast ( compared to my Epson Nx-300 The Prints don't smudge and I don't need photo paper ! The Dvd covers I've printed with it came out pretty good iMhO anyways Granted Toner catridges are more expendive up front But cheaper in the long run than buying ink ! if your going cost per page ! I understand too that I'm not going to get the exact page yield that The dell is rated for 2000 pages @ 5% coverage Because i'm printing on way more than 5% of the page but It's still going to be cheaper for me ! anyway good luck Happy Burning 7 Keep on Trucking Cheerts!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
30. April 2009 @ 05:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
But They ( Taiyo Yudeens Mke Dandy Christmas Prersent, Or Birthdays or Father day or Whatever ....
I'm not offering to ship you some but I'd bet you'd be thrilled to get 100 to 600 TY's for a gift some day. If you wonder why I'm not making the offer it's because my funds are kinda low right now. Maybe (?) somebody else from the forum might do it? Who knows?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. April 2009 @ 06:17

bratcher
_
30. April 2009 @ 06:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- nothing wrong with the online retailers I've shopped Meritline and Supermediastore.com before for media ink & various other items ! Buying local Just works out for me right now ! But Pretty much if ya' want taiyo yudens you gotta go online anyways but you know that already ! Besides I'm Kinda Flush With media right now ! I still buy some when they have Verbatims & sony's on sale but I'm not as near the end of my supply as you were ! But I understand what your saying ! I finally hooked up my Dell 1320C laser Printer (Color] and I'm actually impressed ! It's wicked fast ( compared to my Epson Nx-300 The Prints don't smudge and I don't need photo paper ! The Dvd covers I've printed with it came out pretty good iMhO anyways Granted Toner catridges are more expendive up front But cheaper in the long run than buying ink ! if your going cost per page ! I understand too that I'm not going to get the exact page yield that The dell is rated for 2000 pages @ 5% coverage Because i'm printing on way more than 5% of the page but It's still going to be cheaper for me ! anyway good luck Happy Burning 7 Keep on Trucking Cheerts!!!!!
Thanks & have some great times with your new printer. I love my Epson RX680 for a lot of reasons. One of which is that it can print directly on DVD or CD media which is a feature I wanted. And another great thing I found out 9 months after I bought the printer is I can get compatible cartridges from 4inkjets which not only work great but they allow me to get away from those expensive Epson Claria inks. That sure is a definite plus!! In fact I like this printer so much I've got 4 more bought within the last month (online) that are still sealed in the boxes they came in packed away for the day the first one has a breakdown that can't be fixed, if that ever happens that is. Otherwise I'll keep using that first one (which is 15 months old) until it wears out then unpack the next one.

I don't know what your media sypply was before you stocked up recently but I had about 150 blank DVD's (about 35 TY's & the rest some good 8x & 16x Prodisc) when I bought that Valuline 8x white inkjet hub printable 600 pack so I wan't exactly low on media at the time when I found what I thought was a pretty good deal on a 600 pack. I just saw a good price, pulled the trigger on it then waited on Fedex to deliver my purchase from Meritline which was $20 cheaper that what Supermediastore wanted for the same 600 pack at the time of my order. Smart choice I think...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. April 2009 @ 06:16

bratcher
_
30. April 2009 @ 06:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Another FYI for those who like Verbatim!! Check this ad out.

http://f.microcentermail.com//asbs/servl...BrRc=1467256943

16x lightscribe DVD + or -R $6.99 per 25 pack

16x white inkjet printable $12.99 per 50 pack. I'd assume it's white inkjet printable (bases on past experience with this media) but the ad doesn't say which surface it is.

Lightscribe 52x 80 minure CDR's are $6.99 per 25 pack & inkjet printable (my experience has been silver inkjet) 50 pack CDR's are $7.99 each. So if these sound like good prices to you then go ahead & stock up!!
dr_ml422
_
30. April 2009 @ 08:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bratcher Thnx for the no stacking ring info. Check these sales out even though you're good w/your TY's.

http://www.supermediastore.com/prodisc-1...0InstantSavings

Not bad. They have some Verbs also but, not as good sale price. Decent though for Verbs.

bratcher
_
30. April 2009 @ 11:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bratcher Thnx for the no stacking ring info. Check these sales out even though you're good w/your TY's.

http://www.supermediastore.com/prodisc-1...0InstantSavings

Not bad. They have some Verbs also but, not as good sale price. Decent though for Verbs.
Good media & $20 cheaper than the TY's I bought although this sale is for 500 discs not 600 discs. Still if anyone likes Prodisc (I do) then they should go for it & stock up!!
dr_ml422
_
30. April 2009 @ 19:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bratcher Yes it's a good deal. Prodisc not bad. They made the Maxells. Lil OT here, I have a pretty decent supply of blank discs, but stopped burning because it was getting crazy w/storage. Is there a faster way of creating a list of what one has than joining one of those DVD Databases like DVD Profiler? I'll be honest I'm beat man. Lots of work lately. That's why I ask. Thnx.

Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
1. May 2009 @ 01:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bratcher Yes it's a good deal. Prodisc not bad. They made the Maxells. Lil OT here, I have a pretty decent supply of blank discs, but stopped burning because it was getting crazy w/storage. Is there a faster way of creating a list of what one has than joining one of those DVD Databases like DVD Profiler? I'll be honest I'm beat man. Lots of work lately. That's why I ask. Thnx.
I don't know. Maybe another forum member can help you on this.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork