User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 17:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bratcher
_
4. April 2009 @ 13:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by saugmon:
I don't bother with maxell either. Their MIJ hitachi were very sweet. Lots of ritek and Ricohs,but towards the end of the 8x and start of the 16x speeds,the dreaded Cmags came to be!!!!

No radio shack nearby,but I'll keep an eye on Gigaware discs.Office Depot's are the same way. Ricoh and Ritek. Wish they'd have another killer $15 per 100 pk tub sale.
Yes I remember the 4x yellowtop MIJ Maxells which were great discs. Bought all I could Until I couldn't find them anymore.

My local Office Depot doesn't have any house brand discs at all. Nothing but Memorex & TDK on the shelf.
Advertisement
_
__
_
4. April 2009 @ 16:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Been waiting for you all to take the plunge and tell me if they are okay or not. Still working on my DL Office Depot disks I boight last time they were on sale.

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. April 2009 @ 00:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@bratcher

And office Depot won't be having their own brand anymore. They've gone to the TDKs and no store brand. Have you tried the tdks/ I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy a cake box next time they have a sale, just to find out. I'll be the guinea pig! LOL

Edit : Cincyrob says the +R TDKs are Ritek F-16.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. April 2009 @ 00:16

AfterDawn Addict
_
5. April 2009 @ 01:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Pix as promised. ;)

Only burned one so far and they seem like typical CMC MAG AM3 discs. ;) The surface is a dream to write on with a Sharpie too. ;)

...gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
bratcher
_
5. April 2009 @ 02:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by garmoon:
@bratcher

And office Depot won't be having their own brand anymore. They've gone to the TDKs and no store brand. Have you tried the tdks/ I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy a cake box next time they have a sale, just to find out. I'll be the guinea pig! LOL

Edit : Cincyrob says the +R TDKs are Ritek F-16.
No I've only been buying white inkjet hub printables online for the last 8 or 9 months now. Dropped in to an Office Depot just to see what the had in medis then walked out without buying a thing.

As far as Ritek midia codes go F-1 & F-16 seem to burn just fine for me.
dr_ml422
_
5. April 2009 @ 08:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The word as to why no more Office Depot Branded Media is that it was costing them either as much or more to get them as the Imation, which was making them for Office Depot. At least whomever was making Imation. I'm almost certain that's what the sales assoc. told me. If I misquoted excuse me as this was during the before Black Friday sale. Senior moments here now n then. I got there too late to snatch their house brand. They left the shelves like sliced bread. Economics always in the mix somehow.

As far as the Maxell's, they're not on sale anymore and hard to get, at least down by me. I used to snatch them at P.C. Richards. Sometimes @ $16 per 100 stack when this chick was there. After they let her go, most probably for obvious reasons, I would at most pay $17 to $18 for them. They were good. Way better than the HP crap I experimented with.

I would use them again for decent media if on sale. I miss them a lil, but not as much as the girl. She'd go into the computer n give me what Richard was getting them for. Snatched 2 Sony Wegas while she was there. All for naught as I ignored the Digital Transition Date, or rather simply was green on the subject. Oh well, at least my PC screen is Hi-Def. Lol...

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
_
5. April 2009 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi, greensman where did you happen to pick up those lg discs? online or storebought? i'd like to give em a try.thanks

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. April 2009 @ 15:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by nemo78221:
hi, greensman where did you happen to pick up those lg discs? online or storebought? i'd like to give em a try.thanks
I guess a link would have been appropriate. lol.

LG DVD-R 16x blanks at Meritline.com

I paid $23.99/100 pack delivered but they were on sale for $19.99 I think a while back. Good deal for that particular media if you ask me. I like the performance of CMC MAG AM3 discs. Better than Ritek, Ridata, and MBI for me. OF course MBI is CR@P media AFAIC. Good luck if you decide to try the LG discs. :D

...gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. April 2009 @ 15:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just got a $30 voucher for staple's for turning in 10 empty ink carts in february. Only Staple's brand 100 pk for $19 I believe.

I'll wait til the next sony sale to use that voucher. It's one of the very rare times Staple's sent me anything for their rewards program.

Office Depot Imation: I'll stay away from them.Same as anything saying Made in India,which the staple's brand would possibly code as.....

HP a1118x-b/athlon 64-3300+/BenQ 1650 BCDC/LG 8163B/Modded Wii/Epson-R300 and Ty Watershields!!!
dr_ml422
_
5. April 2009 @ 17:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's a crapshoot these days. Some CMC MAG stuff is total garbage and some not. Just as some MBI is decent and some pathetic. Might not ever be top notch, but both put out some decent media at times.

Can't beat these if anyone interested: http://list.supermediastore.us//lt.php?i...3BlY2lhbA%3D%3D

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. April 2009 @ 10:39

_
6. April 2009 @ 12:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- FWIW Samsclub has Verbatim injket printables in the 100Ct spindles for $29.99 but you still gotta pay tax ! But if ya'don't mind that part and ya' want's now instead of later they are a option Cheers My friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
6. April 2009 @ 14:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ BIG I wish I could, but the only famous Sam in the Apple is Son Of Sam, and he supposedly converted to the Good Lord. Prolly washing underwear though, but any day above ground good day I guess. Lol...

Anyway I tried Googling that Feetz Up Head Down Sig. I know it's a Southern thing and I heard it in 1 of Denzel's flicks. What does it mean if you can post it? Thnx.

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. April 2009 @ 15:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by dr_ml422:
@ BIG I wish I could, but the only famous Sam in the Apple is Son Of Sam, and he supposedly converted to the Good Lord. Prolly washing underwear though, but any day above ground good day I guess. Lol...

Anyway I tried Googling that Feetz Up Head Down Sig. I know it's a Southern thing and I heard it in 1 of Denzel's flicks. What does it mean if you can post it? Thnx.
IT means his BIG ARSE is "FeetZ Up ! Head Down !" down in a dumpster searching for treasure and whatever else may appear. ;)

....gm

dr_ml422
_
6. April 2009 @ 16:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I hear you green. Talk about slim pickings. Oh well, desperate men n desperate times call for desperate measures.

_
6. April 2009 @ 16:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
greensman- From My Biggest { And I mean that in a Figuritve Sense lol!!! ) Fan !! I Take that as a Complement !!!!! _ Figuritively Speaking Of course ! BuTT FWIW - My Arse !!!! is actuallY one of My smaller Features !!! they call Us BIGFOOTS Not Big Arse's, Feet , Noses . Hands And er' Personality those I'll admit to being Bigg !!!! BuTT I did Like your answer to the other Gentlemans Question none the less !!! Keep it Real Lil'' Buddy !! - And Beware of the Swamp Gas !!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
6. April 2009 @ 16:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- Desperate but not serious !!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
6. April 2009 @ 23:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ BIG If green was actually alluding to you I have no idea. I actually am curious to what that means. The movie was Mississippi Marsala n Denzel was sweet talking the Indian chick when he said he had to be Feetz up n Head down.

bratcher
_
7. April 2009 @ 18:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not really a sale but I was in my local Microcenter & saw these prices.

Windata 16x + or - R inkjet printable $5.99 each per 25 pack & a Verbatim media code so I assume it's Verb rejects. I've had decent results with it at 8x but the test results were not as good as Verbatim normally is. In my experience the Windata discs seem to hold up for data & video at least in my computer & standalone DVD recorder. Your results may vary of course & yes Verbatim & Tayio Yuden is a lot better!! The Windata +R is a dull silver & the -R is a dull white. Both print poorer than better grade inkjet printable media.

Ritek (Ridata) branded 16x + & - R $24.99 each. It burns fine in my experience. Ridata is no longer carried by Microcenter so what you find in a local store or online is whatever stock they have left over.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. April 2009 @ 00:37

dr_ml422
_
9. April 2009 @ 07:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bratcher You mean all Ritek/Ridata burns good? I like them as a very decent media. Or you mean the no-hub printables? I ask because you only deal w/printables mostly now. Thnx.

bratcher
_
9. April 2009 @ 10:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bratcher You mean all Ritek/Ridata burns good? I like them as a very decent media. Or you mean the no-hub printables? I ask because you only deal w/printables mostly now. Thnx.
I've found Ritek (Ridata) to burn well whether it's branded or printable in both the single layer & the 2.4x +R DL version. Haven't tried the 4x +R DL's though so I can't comment on them nor have I tried the 8x +R DL version.

And it's true that I buy 100% inkjet printable now however I've burned 16x Ritek in the branded RiData & Maxell brands before I switched to inkjet printable media.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. April 2009 @ 10:47

dr_ml422
_
10. April 2009 @ 00:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thnx bratcher as Newegg n Supermedia often have the Ritek on sale for great price on 100ct. spindle.

Have you guys ran into any proggies telling you to insert a dual layer w/certain branded media or branded media in general? Imgburn will not unless really over limit, but when I occasionally use Copyto DVD it will tell me that my blank media is not suffice for video file and to insert DL. Maybe something w/settings or just plain picky. Thnx.

bratcher
_
10. April 2009 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Supermediastore has the following 100 packs of 8x white inkjet printable for sale.

Taiyo Yuden White Inkjet Hub Printable 8X DVD-R Media (Premium Line) 100 Pack in Tape Wrap $34.99 each.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...-media-100.html

Verbatim (94854) DataLifePlus White Inkjet Hub Printable 8X DVD-R Media 100 Pack in Cake Box $28.99 each.

http://www.supermediastore.com/verbatim-...90409%20TYMedia

Meritline has a few deals going on too with inkjet printable media.

Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R White Inkjet Printable No Stacking Ring Blank Media in Cake Box $29.99 per 100 pack.

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-...---p-18428.aspx

Prodisc Spin-X (47DR8-WIH50C) Grade-A 8X DVD-R Blank Media 4.7GB White Inkjet Hub Printable DVDR Discs 100 paks are $26.99 each.

http://www.meritline.com/prodisc-8x-dvd-...---p-18327.aspx

Microcenter has 25 packs of Windata + & - R inkjet printable with Verb media codes for $5.99 each. The + R is a dull silver & the - R is a dull white finish neither of which prints as well as a Tayio Yuden or Verbatim disc would. I got decent results with it at 8x (didn't try 16x) although to be perfectly honest TY & Verb give better test results. $24 plus local tax or shipping for 100 of these isn't much of a deal though for this product. I'd pass unless your really strapped for cash.

Here is the - R

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0244719

& here is the + R

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produc...duct_id=0244720

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. April 2009 @ 20:09

nero758
_
10. April 2009 @ 23:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
do you think any office stores will have any "after-easter" sales for media

i really hope there's a sony or verbatim sale at bestbuy, staples, or OM next week! I'm running out :(
dr_ml422
_
11. April 2009 @ 00:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bratcher Is the no stacking ring thing a big deal? What is it exactly anyway? Does it mean the inner circles won't fit snugly on top of each other? Thnx.

Those Verbs are a excellent grab. I was going to post those myself.

Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
11. April 2009 @ 10:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ bratcher Is the no stacking ring thing a big deal? What is it exactly anyway? Does it mean the inner circles won't fit snugly on top of each other? Thnx.

Those Verbs are a excellent grab. I was going to post those myself.
No stacking ring just means the disc doesn't have one on the top surface. I'm not sure if there is one on the bottom like I see on CD's...

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork