User User name Password  

Tuesday 25.6.2024 / 23:17
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. March 2009 @ 13:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MIT Sony discs are 1st class media . . on my LG drives, I get better scans out of them then I get out of the MCC Verbatims MIT discs . . .

maybe 2 coasters out of 300 discs . . . maybe

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
Advertisement
_
__
bratcher
_
9. March 2009 @ 14:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Supermedia white inkjet printable sales....

Taiyo Yuden White Inkjet Hub Printable 8X DVD-R Media (Premium Line) 100 Pack in Tape Wrap $33.99

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...2072hrTonerSale

Ritek Ridata White Inkjet Hub Printable 16X DVD-R Media 100 Pack $27.99

http://www.supermediastore.com/ridata-wh...2072hrTonerSale
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. March 2009 @ 15:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I check over at Cdfreaks.com/bargain basement/media sales of the week by Ripit every sunday morning. Same crap this week.1 store always has sony on sale. The others have the usual HP,TDK, and Memosux on sale-UGGH!

They just rotate the sony sales, LOL!

$10 per 50 pk is about as cheap as I've ever heard sony going.

HP a1118x-b/athlon 64-3300+/BenQ 1650 BCDC/LG 8163B/Modded Wii/Epson-R300 and Ty Watershields!!!
_
12. March 2009 @ 19:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ Saugmon/Creaky - Can't you guys whittle these posts down? Geez, my scrolling finger hurts from all this sales here-sales there posts. How bout you guys conference every morning and then provide us with one concise post will all my buying opportunities in one place so I don't have to spend the better part of five minutes pushing the down key (he-he). Maybe index them by brand and calculate my shipping as well. Yeah, that would work. I'm getting carpel-tunnel vision here...

"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend."
_
13. March 2009 @ 00:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Carpal Tunnel-Vision RippDogg? How do they test you for that one Tap on your Eye-Teeth LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
13. March 2009 @ 06:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It happens when I use my brain too much and it begins to go numb. Doesn't take a whole lot anymore; the face says Brad Pitt but the cognitive scan says Commodore 64.

"The poor dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend."
_
13. March 2009 @ 07:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Like i said to the other poster, i don't see what the problem is; i (on crappy diallup no less) manage to sift thru tons of stuff each day (most of which i have zero interest in i might add! ie i'm just lurking on with my mod hat in use). It's not like sifting thru loads of spam and adverts and crap in an inbox, this is one single tiny little thread with a few regular updates.
'fraid i don't see how it can be made any simpler/lazier than it already is (smiley added on the end) :)

On a serious note, here in the UK, whilst known affectionately as Ripoff Britain, we don't have decent media sales that i'm aware of, and we most certainly don't have such a thing as rebates (the very thought of rebates in the UK would warrant time spent in the Tower of London). What we get instead is VAT :)
Brick and mortar stores are a complete and utter ripoff for most things, including media, and in my humble opinion the few times i've ever seen sales the prices have still not equalled online prices so i personally find that it's cheaper and more convenient to buy online. Shipping can be found for free so that rules out the alleged convenience of brick and mortar buying. ..Apart from the one single time i found loads of Verbatim (MCC004) in tubs of 50 for £5 each. I snagged the last 5 tubs they had in that day (killed me walking back to work with them but it was worth it). I went back each day for a week but they were obviously the last and were at a clearance price. That's the only time i've ever seen a walk in store offer anything of value in media.

As to media sales in general, i personally only buy media in bulk. In fact i still have most of the Taiyo Yuden TYG02 that i bought back in 2005. I do regularly burn a lot of media, but i buy in bulk beforehand, the last 800 or so Verbatim was bought at least a year ago, and not on sale, Verbs here go for around £18 per 100 so i guess we don't need to worry about sales much on this side of the pond. I also buy Maxell in the high hundreds, again not for at least a year but go for about about £12 per 100. However i realise that I can't speak for US prices or for other peoples' buying methods ie just buying a small amount of media each time there's a sale - that's an alien concept to me but i appreciate other people have different habits.

Back to the topic of the amount of posts in this thread, all joking aside, i simply cannot see how skimming thru one single thread is slower than going thru the first page of the Media forum, and bearing in mind (before the single sales thread) that there were always a few sales threads going at the same time.
'fraid we can't please all of the people all of the time, all i can offer is that i follow silly amounts of threads/posts/stuff here every day hence those of you sales hungry people can quite easily follow a few posts in one single measly thread :) :)

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. March 2009 @ 08:54

EnigmaCM

1 product review
_
13. March 2009 @ 08:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Currently, these are my favorites: Pi Data 8x Silver Ink Jet which are manufactured or labeled rather as Ritek 05. Quality is good and the price is very good at 150.00 for 600 DVDs plus free shipping http://www.emediadepot.com/Silver_Inkjet...r8x-sih-600.htm
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2009 @ 12:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Look at all that stuff creaky wrote... and on dial up no less... hehehee. :P

Ok.. I found these (from a email flyer), has anyone tried these or know about them? It says "Made in Taiwan" on the cakebox. ;) linky to LG DVD-R discs

....gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2009 @ 15:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I haven't heard of them.

$15 and free shipping? Would be worth a shot.

Why can't they have some +'s for that price on the web?

HP a1118x-b/athlon 64-3300+/BenQ 1650 BCDC/LG 8163B/Modded Wii/Epson-R300 and Ty Watershields!!!

1 product review
_
13. March 2009 @ 16:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Jeez, you try and clean the place up to keep it nice and tidy and still get hit with scattershot. I made one thread because I was tired of clicking on one thread to realize the sales in it were from three weeks ago, but people were still using it....so I'd move on to the 15 other ones trying to find what I wanted. Oh well...bye bye.

BTW, creaky made his last post on his Nokia phone....

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. March 2009 @ 17:06

_
13. March 2009 @ 16:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hehe the link doesn't work but i get the sentiment :)
I have to disconnect/reconnect every 2MB or so of traffic which equates to every half hour or so, sometimes less than a couple of minutes (am using mobile broadband in an area with virtually no coverage, was the only real choice for internet access at the mo).
Even diallup phoneline modems were never this bad or frustrating.

Anyways, Loco is quite right, the single sales thread idea works far better than the old method.. ..we just need you lot to skim-read them :)

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
bratcher
_
13. March 2009 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by greensman:
Look at all that stuff creaky wrote... and on dial up no less... hehehee. :P

Ok.. I found these (from a email flyer), has anyone tried these or know about them? It says "Made in Taiwan" on the cakebox. ;) linky to LG DVD-R discs

....gm
I wonder what the mid code is? Anybody know?
_
13. March 2009 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bratcher- ask for a free sample - If you like that one order 50? maybe -?

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

1 product review
_
13. March 2009 @ 17:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Link fixed :P

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2009 @ 17:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
creaky has a pink nokia? LOL

1 product review
_
13. March 2009 @ 18:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cute ain't it?

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2009 @ 18:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sweet

_
13. March 2009 @ 18:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
See below.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. March 2009 @ 18:30

_
13. March 2009 @ 18:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@LOCOENG - I'm sorry. I had a really long day and I was taking it out on you and my girlfriend's on me to rake the yard and this prostate thing has really got me freaked out; I'm sorry. I had a bad day and I took it out on all of you, even our signal-challenged european mod.
On a positive note, my scrolling finger's taped up, I'm feelin' good, had about a handful of crack.....ers and I'm ready to go.

Translation: I was kidding.

BTW-Buy.com's got some "deals" on Verbatim LightScribe +R 16x media; 30 ct. spindles=$24.82; Color LightScribe -R 25 ct. spindles=$22.49.

_
13. March 2009 @ 19:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I feel your pain Creaky. My old mobile, I used to use it as a modem. I took t-mobile's unlimited data plan to the limit. Even used it to reinstall windows and my norton's on my old laptop using my mobile as a modem.

My new mobile can't be used as a modem, but I use my unlimited data to surf heavily and make most of my posts that way. Think this past bill I had d/l over 652mb of data, or at least that's what my bill says.

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2009 @ 19:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Staple's will have their sony on sale again starting sunday 3/15/09.

$22.98 per 100 pk

_
13. March 2009 @ 20:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anyone know which country of manufacuring these Sony disks be? I haven't been in a Staples in a while, but the last time they had the MIT variety.

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. March 2009 @ 21:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
loco you is too funny. :P I figured creaky would have something PINK, just NOT his phone. :D

R-dogg.. good to hear the finger is all healed and better. ROFL. I got the humor before but it was definitely between the lines. :P

Yeh like someone said.... buy the 50 pack for $15 and see what they is. :) I may just call them or email and see if a sample pack can be have FOC. :)

..gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
14. March 2009 @ 09:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...ine-600pk.html- 600 Valuelines for $129.00 Free shipping!!!! Pretty good deal If you need'em

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork