User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 23:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > ripit4me..quick reference guide
Show topics

Forums
Forums
RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide
  Jump to:

Posted Message
gogochar
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
2. July 2006 @ 08:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@shaki
The Wizard is what you need to first to fully configure RipIt4Me. Then, after you've completely ripped a DVD, you can use the 1 Click mode. It does everything for you, without you clicking on any buttons. It's kinda like this:
1. Insert blank DVD-R and the DVD you want to backup.
2. Open RipIt4Me.
3. Click 1 Click.
4. Wait about an hour and presto, full DVD backup!

Advertisement
_
__
_
2. July 2006 @ 09:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@shaki
check the guides, either at the beginning of this thread, or the ripit4me page: http://www.riphelp.com/RipIt4Me/guide.htm. the wizard mode gives you the options to skip various stages (Step 2 - Create PSL file, Step 3 - Rip with PSL file, Step 3b - Optional cleanup, Step 4 - Cleanup with FixVTS) of the process if you believe they are unnecessary. One click mode simply does all of the above steps, even though a particular dvd may not need one or more of them. even if unnecessary, they won't harm the final output files, don't take that many more minutes, and gives you the time to mow the lawn.
SHAKI
_
2. July 2006 @ 20:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Gogochar & Surfgeo. Do you guys usually use RipIt4Me software to backup DVDs? The only reason I used it was because DVD Shrink & Decrypter did not work on 'Pink Panther'. Also, since I have a CD drive and a DVD drive, I would not be able to do the 1-click process, right? Darn it, how I wish I had dual DVD drives in my computer. Thank you folks for your input.

Shaki
_
2. July 2006 @ 20:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@shaki
i have a variety of free and purchased software for backing up dvds. i like to have a variety of options, mostly just to learn about using them and doing something differently once in a while. lots of current and more recent dvds will have encryption and other methods that cannot be overcome by shrink and dvddecrypter... that's why you need the tools included in ripit4me, or dvdfabdecrypter/vobblanker combination, and a burning tool such as Nero or imgburn or the iso burning capacity of dvddecrypter, or many other choices. and if you want to spend some money you can get the tried and true anydvd/clonedvd2 combination. you do not need dual drives to use the "one click" method of ripit4me. yes, you will have to be there to remove the original dvd and put your blank writable dvd in the burner after shrink has finished (i guess it should be called "one click and one dvd change")... it may automatically launch Nero if you have shrink configured to do that (you'll see a message asking for a blank dvd...)... otherwise you use the output files of shrink with whatever burning engine you'd like. enjoy.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. July 2006 @ 21:04

AfterDawn Addict
_
3. July 2006 @ 03:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It will launch Nero, or Decrypter/ImgBurn to burn. With only one drive you would then have to put in your blank disk.

myrealtr
_
6. July 2006 @ 08:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there a way that I can print your post with the instruction for downloading and installing RipIt4Me? I don't want to have to print all of the post after yours. I need to be able to study it without having to scroll through it. I'm confused but it's not your fault. I get confused easily lately. At my age I don't seem to be able to catch onto things as easily as I use too.
I came to this post because you replied to a post I had written asking for help with this and your links led me here. Sorry I seem to be so dense but I just don't seem to know how to make the path required to install the program.
Am I suppose to download and install the other programs that you have links to also, in order for RipIt4Me to work?
I'm trying to preserve our DVD collection by making copies so we can put the originals in a safe place. We live on the West Bank of New Orleans, which is actually South of New Orleans (go figure) and of course we are in hurrican season. I'm doing what I can to preserve what we have and still be able to watch our favorites without having to make sure we keep them packed up to grab should we have to evacuate.
Thanks for the link and maybe if I can print your post I will be able to study it hard and long enough for it to eventually make sense to me.
Linda

Proud to be a member of a military family.
laddyboy
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. July 2006 @ 09:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello.

Select that which you want to be printed in the same manner you select any other text, etc. Choose print from the File menu and choose Selection in the Print Range portion of the Print window.

Before using ripit4me, download and install these three programs:

DVD Decrypter
DVD Shrink
FixVTS (There are links in my signature below.)

You can then use ripit4me.

AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
7. July 2006 @ 05:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
version1.2.0.0 is out now downloaded it yesterday it was version 1.2.0.0 very nice program. love you guide arniebear.. i think this is very easy to do. love the 1click mode
hm1
_
7. July 2006 @ 05:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
great guide arniebear

Thanks
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. July 2006 @ 05:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you both very much, the program is very good and works excellently not one bad rip/burn to report yet :)

myrealtr
_
7. July 2006 @ 14:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Whick version of FixVTS should I download and what is Beta?

Version 1.4

Version Beta 1.25

Version Beta 1.24

Version Beta 1.17

Version Beta 1.0

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. July 2006 @ 14:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That beta is old. Download the latest version.

99% of all problems are between the computer and the chair.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. July 2006 @ 14:59

AfterDawn Addict
_
7. July 2006 @ 18:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For anyone who is using the RipIt4Me program make sure you dl the latest version of FixVTS it is 1.4, it just came out today. Just unzip the file and extract it to the folder that has your FixVTS program in it. It will overwrite the old version, or just delete the old version and extract the new.

http://www.videohelp.com/~FixVTS/

aabbccdd
Suspended permanently
_
7. July 2006 @ 18:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Pete i belive you should have that guide put up as a sticky!!!

OK MODS!!!!
myrealtr
_
8. July 2006 @ 04:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The link from laddyboy to DVD Decrypter brings me to the page to purchase AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Am I suppose to buy these products? I thought these were links to Free software.
Also, I did download FixVTS, I think. As far as I know it went into my temporary files. Now do I have to do anything else with that like move it, install it or anything? Is it installed now?
Sorry I seem to be so helpless but I know nothing about all of this.
Thanks for the help everyone.
Linda

AfterDawn Addict
_
8. July 2006 @ 05:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@myrealtr

If you go back to my very first post you will see the links to the software. AnyDVD and CloneDVD do have a trial period of 21 days after that they become pay. All of the programs used to do the movies in this thread are free.

You need:

DVD Decrypter
DVD Shrink
RipIt4Me
FixVTS

Install DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and make a folder in My Computer and extract RipIt4Me and FixVTS. Open RipIt4Me go to the settings set your path for FixVTS, which is C:/the folder you created/FixVTS. All is done, then insert your movie and hit 1click mode. RipIt4Me will create and import the PSL file, DVD Decrypter will open, hit the decrypter button which is the one showing the CD and Drive in the program. Decrypter will do its thing, do not worry if your drive slows down to 0.0 for the protected movies, this is because of the insertion of the dummy sectors. You only have to worry if you start getting retries on the drive, then you know the disk may be damaged. After Decrypter is done Shrink will open and analize your movie. You can either choose to backup the whole movie or use the reauthor mode and do movie only. You hit the reauthor button and find the title of the movie, which is the longest and drag it over to your compilation screen, under the compression tab you can choose to remove any audio streams and subtitles you wish by unchecking the box. I recommend you remove 2 channel audio as this is the Directors Comments in many movies and players will default to it, keep the 5.1 audio. Hit backup choose your output to ISO burn with Decrypter and then hit okay.

Here is a guide for DVD Shrink and how to use it.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=63fd9ea0d669cdf5...

@aabbccdd

Thanks much buddy for you compliment, I really appreciate the support :)

laddyboy
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. July 2006 @ 05:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@myrealtr

The links to the software are all in my signature. For some reason the Afterdawn server is providing a link to Slysoft with the keyword DVD Decrypter. The underlined linked are provided by the Afterdawn server based on keywords and not by the posters.

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter both have installers that install the programs. FixVTS is in a zip archive. Double click it to open. If it doesn't open, download WinRAR or ZipReader or any other unzipper to open the archive and then drag FixVTS to your desktop or Program Files folder or anywhere you want to store it. You may have to point ripit4me to the program so remember where it is.

WinRAR: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
ZipReader: http://www.pkware.com/home_and_small_office/downloads/windows/reader/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. July 2006 @ 06:02

myrealtr
_
8. July 2006 @ 07:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think I have it all downloaded and (installed?). I now have 3 new Icons on my desktop. One is the folder I made that is named DVD Software. That has the FixVTS in it, another is DVD Shrink and the 3rd is DVD Decrypter which also is where the RipIt4Me is. Is this correct?
Now all I do is put the movie in that I want to copy which is my E drive? I do have Nero but I'm not sure which version I have. It came with my external DVD burner.
I feel so inadequate when it come to doing this kind of stuff.
I do appreciate all of this help. You guys are wonderful.
Linda

AfterDawn Addict
_
8. July 2006 @ 07:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You should have an icon for DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. If you have a folder that says my Software then you can put the RipIt4Me folder in that.

Step A...Open RipIt4Me program check your settings tab and make sure that the path for FixVTS is correct it should read C:/my software/FixVTS

Step B.......insert your DVD it should say drive e.g. E:/

Step C.......Use the 1Click tab, if all is correct RipIt4Me will create your PSL file, if needed and import it into DVD Decrypter and this will open.

Step D.......Hit the decrypt button it is the disk and drive

DVD Decrypter will rip, and then after it is done FixVTS will open and clean your file, after this Shrink will open and you can decide how you want to author your DVD.

myrealtr
_
8. July 2006 @ 07:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm sorry, it is a folder that I have the FixVts in and not an icon. See I make stupid mistakes by using the wrong terms even. I did click on the folder on my desktop named my DVD software and it shows the FixVts configuration settings icon in it. It's 1 KB. Is there a way to find the actuall path? I'm suppose to move the RipIt4Me to that folder?

AfterDawn Addict
_
8. July 2006 @ 07:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
As long as you know where the RipIt4Me program is don't worry about it. It is just easier for you if you know where the programs are. You did extract both of them as they come in zipfile format and need to be extracted to work. They should look like this in your folder(s). You can see the zip and then the extracted program for FixVTS and also what the program icon for RipIt4Me looks like extracted. This is showing in my folder in My Computer

myrealtr
_
8. July 2006 @ 08:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nope! I guess they're not extracted or unzipped or whatever. I guess I did that wrong.

AfterDawn Addict
_
8. July 2006 @ 08:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Do you have WinZIP? If not go here

http://filehippo.com/download_winzip/?8

After you install double click on RipIt4Me and WinZIP will unzip the file, then you can just double click on the RipIt4Me then you can go to the extract button in WinZIP, and point it to your folder do the same for FixVTS. After it is done just double click on RipIt4Me extracted folder and it will install. FixVTS is fine, that is where you want it and where you will direct the path in RipIt4Me

myrealtr
_
8. July 2006 @ 08:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I now have those pictures in the folder on my desktop. I don't know if I've messed up files or not but for the RipIt4Me I had to drag and drop into that folder on my desktop. I don't know what mess I've made of my hard drive but I guess I'll try to use the programs and see what happens. This is why I always have to pay for everything. I can't seem to understand how to do all of this and I end up buying the software that's for sale so all I have to do is put the CD in the drive and it does it all. It gets so costly after a while. I do appreciate all of the help and I guess you would have the patience now to teach kindergarten because you certainly walked me through this with baby steps.
I'm going to get a DVD to see if I can copy it now. I'll let you know. First I'm going to go back to read the posts again to see if there is anything else I'm suppose to do, if I can understand it. I do have ADD and Dyslexia so I hope that's the reason I find this so difficult.
My Pinnacle Studio MovieBox software and hardware just arrived. I had bought that from someone on eBay. Now I'll be able to install that and copy my VHS tapes too, I hope.
Thanks to you all ever so much. You've saved me some money, I think, which is greatly appreciated.
Linda

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. July 2006 @ 08:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Give it a go, and good luck. If you have errors then come back and we will sort it out. It is easy once you have done it and get it setup. Yes you can go pay, but free is just as good. You are learning. Don't worry I doubt you have made too much mess on your HDD these are small proggys and WinZIP is a necessity anyway.

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > ripit4me..quick reference guide

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork