User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 00:44
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
GUIDE : How to use popsloader :)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
14. February 2008 @ 12:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Table of contents :
1. Info on popsloader
2. GUIDE

1. Info on popsloader :
Popsloader increases the compatibility of PSX games on the PSP :)
PSX games work on the PSP due to "pops" :)
Different firmwares have different "pops" and some PSX games work only on specific "pops" :)
So, if you update your firmware, a new pops will be loaded and there may be chances that a PSX game that worked in the previous firmware will not work in the new firmware or the game may have many problems >_<
This is where popsloader comes in :)
Popsloader allows you to choose which firmware "pops" you want to emulate so that you can allow the PSX game to work even on a "firmware in which that PSX game doesn't work" :)
eg :
If you have a PSX game and it works properly on 3.52m33-4 :)
But then you update your PSP to 3.71m33-4 and find that the PSX game doesn't work properly >_<
Now comes in the work of popsloader :)
After installing popsloader, you can choose the option 3.52 "pops" and now, the PSX game will work on 3.71m33-4 the same way like how it worked in 3.52m33-4 :)

Oh and popsloader will only work on custom firmwares... the dark alex custom firmwares i.e ones with the m33 prefix

2. GUIDE :
First, download popsloader according to your firmware :)
-5.00m33 popsloader - HERE / HERE
-3.80m33, 3.90m33 and 4.01m33 firmware popsloader - HERE / HERE
-3.71m33 firmware popsloader - HERE (Rapidshare) / HERE (Sendspace)
Put the "seplugins" folder that you got from the downloaded file to the ROOT of your PSP memory stick :)

1. Now, download the PSAR dumper from HERE :)
This will extract the required data from an "EBOOT.PBP" of a firmware i.e the "flash0" files of that firmware to the ROOT of your memory stick :)
2. Put the "new_psardumper" folder you got from the downloaded file to the "X:\PSP\GAME" (Where "X" is your PSP drive letter) folder of your PSP memory stick :)
3. Now, download the firmware from which you want the pops :)
*You can download the required firmwares from HERE*
4. After you download the firmware, put the "EBOOT.PBP" file to the ROOT of your memory stick :)
5. Now, go the "Game" menu on your PSP and run the "NEW PSAR Dumper" and press the "Square" button on your PSP to begin extracting the decrypted firmware files.
6. The process should complete after a few minutes and the PSP will automatically return to the XMB :)
*Well, it'll take some time, so please be patient*
7. Now, connect your PSP to your PC and in the ROOT of your PSP memory stick, you'll find a folder named "F0" :)
8. You'll need the following files from the "F0" folder :
For 3.00 - 3.03:
F0\kd\popsman.prx
F0\kd\meaudio.prx
F0\kd\pops.prx
F0\vsh\module\pafmini.prx
For 3.10 - 3.30:
F0\kd\popsman.prx
F0\kd\pops.prx
For 3.40 - 4.01:
F0\kd\popsman.prx
F0\kd\pops.prx
F0\vsh\module\libpspvmc.prx
9. Then put these files to the "X:\seplugins\popsloader" (Where "X" is your PSP drive letter) folder of your PSP memory stick :)
10. Rename these files with the prefix of your firmware version :)
eg: If you have the pops files for 3.52 firmware, then rename the files to :-
popsman352.prx
pops352.prx
pafmini352.prx
libpspvmc352.prx
Once you're done, you are free to delete the "F0" folder & the "EBOOT.PBP" of the firmware that you placed in the ROOT of your PSP memory stick :)
Repeat the steps 3 to 10 for each firmware that you want the pops from :)

If you are lazy to do the above steps, then you can download all the pops files required from firmwares 3.00 - 3.72 in the below links :)
Link : HERE (Rapidshare) [If rapidshare doesn't work for you, then use the "sendspace" link below]
Alternate Link : HERE (Sendspace)
Alternate Link 2 : HERE (Mediafire) [Submitted by tripplite]
Alternate Link 3 : HERE [Submitted by alminasy]

UPDATED popsloader files : HERE [Submitted by ShaggyZE He's been of damn great help]

After you've finished everything you want to do, then enter the recovery mode of your PSP :)
Originally posted by acidy:
To access recovery mode follow the following steps :-
1. Completely shut down your PSP (Not stand-by)
2. Hold the "R" button (i.e right trigger) while starting your PSP ^_^
3. You are now on recovery mode
It should look something like THIS

Then go to "Plugins" and then enable "popsloader.prx [POPS]" :)

If you're running a PSX game for the first time while using this plugin, then a menu should appear from which you'll have to choose a firmware
If you want to use your current firmware pops, then choose "Original from flash" option :)
You can change the pops version anytime by juz holding the "R" button (Right trigger) while starting the PSX game :)

HERE is a good "PSX to PSP" compatiblity list :)

Hope this helps :)
Please do write on how you liked the guide :)

Plus I have noticed that many "popsloader problems" [i.e problems like the menu not appearing even if the plugin is enabled etc.] occur if your memory stick is fake =_=
So I would recommend that you use an original memory stick :)

UPDATE :
Updated the PSARdumper link ^^
Sorry for the long gap guys... in the next update I'll try and post some updated pops files [the lazy files as dubbed by many ppl] :P

My (+[__]%) life - HERE :)
*Why do I take it all ??? Why do I beg for more ??? I never thought that this is how I Hit The Floor* Bullet For my Valentine darn rulez !!!! \m/ ^_^ \m/
Guide on how to use popsloader : HERE / Working and non-working pandora batteries : HERE

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. June 2009 @ 01:27

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. February 2008 @ 13:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nice guide will help alot of people asking about this, :)

250gb ps3 non modded and 60gb launch model 3.55cfw
_
15. February 2008 @ 06:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanx man :)
I wrote this guide because many ppl are asking about how to use popsloader :)

*Why do I take it all ??? Why do I beg for more ??? I never thought that this is how I Hit The Floor* Bullet For my Valentine darn rulez !!!! \m/ ^_^ \m/
Guide on how to use popsloader : HERE / Working and non-working pandora batteries : HERE
_
17. February 2008 @ 16:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Any chance the pops files needed for 3.8 and up will be added to this package?

Thanks to everyone for enlightening me!
_
18. February 2008 @ 00:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Till now, no >_>

I think the "3.80 pops" option will release in the next version of popsloader >_>

tinylogic
_
18. February 2008 @ 03:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
so what do I do with the files like the F0 folder, the psardumper folder and the EBOOT.PBP of the firmware I dl-ed? keep them or is it safe to delete them ?
_
18. February 2008 @ 04:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you've done whatever you want to, then you are free to delete them ^_^

tinylogic
_
18. February 2008 @ 09:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
HAHA.. THANKS! =DDD.
this guide was great. you might wanna include that in ur guide so more people woildn't ask the same qn again. short and sweet. many thanks yo!
_
18. February 2008 @ 10:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hehe :P
Thanx man :)
I'll include that in my guide :)

pspbmf2
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. February 2008 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can you upload the full pops somewhere else than rapidshare? like sendspace? Rapid doesnt work for me
_
24. February 2008 @ 06:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
10+++ for the guide. Most people who ask me get screwed up renaming the files. Nice find for the torrent too. Will seed for months. :)

My PSP Life 1.00>1.50>2.70>2.71>1.50>3.52-M33>3.71M33-4>BRICKED>1.5>3.71M33-4>BRICKED>1.50>3.71M33-4>3.80M33-4>BRICKED>1.5>3.71M33-4 >3.80M33-5>3.90M33-2
http://darksiderg.com/
If you live in London ON,Canada and need to Pandora,PM me
INVENTORY:T-79 phat untouched/T-81 phat duel nub,trigger lights/T-85 black slim sound reactive trigger lights,umd swap external speaker,clear faceplate/2 T-85 Darth Vaders-haven't decided what to do next
_
24. February 2008 @ 07:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by pspbmf2:
can you upload the full pops somewhere else than rapidshare? like sendspace? Rapid doesnt work for me

okies man :)

@ rickem :)
lolz :P
Thanx alot man :)

EDIT : Uploaded the pops files at sendspace :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. February 2008 @ 07:52

tripplite
_
24. February 2008 @ 08:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
acidy i may be old fashioned but
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
Quote:

Case: Pirated material, such as serial numbers and direct links to pirated, copyrighted material (including direct links to torrent files and ed2k links). PROHIBITED

although it may not be copyrighted material linking to a torrent site is
taboo so take down the link ( i will try to provide you a mirror that contains all the files that the torrent contains)

btw:nice guide;P

just looking out for my buds
-tripplite

_
24. February 2008 @ 09:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
aahh thanx for the info man :)

btw no need to find the links :)
I've already uploaded the files on my own at rapidshare and sendspace :)

tripplite
_
24. February 2008 @ 09:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I though the torrent link was different? oh well you can never have enough mirror links!
PSP prx (all sony prx's)
http://www.mediafire.com/?4miz901zomm
(it's the same as the torrent download, only zipped)

glade u took down that link;)

-tripplite

_
24. February 2008 @ 09:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanx alot man :)
I'll add that to my guide too :)
And I'll write in your name too :)

tripplite
_
25. February 2008 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
any ideas why some of my ps1 games launch and others dont? the download is correct, and it doesn't seem to be corrupted? both were supposed to be able to be launch with popsloader so whats the issue?
-tripplite

_
26. February 2008 @ 01:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try using different pops versions
Also, not all PSX games work on the PSP :)
THIS should help you out :)
I think you'll have to change the GameID while converting the PSX game to an "EBOOT.PBP" :)
btw which game is it ??? :)

psplvanub
Suspended permanently
_
26. February 2008 @ 06:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This thread NEEDS to be sticked!
tripplite
_
26. February 2008 @ 21:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I think you'll have to change the GameID while converting the PSX game to an "EBOOT.PBP" :)

i thought the same, turns out you were right the game is unsupported

_
26. February 2008 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by psplvanub:
This thread NEEDS to be sticked!

Thanx ALOT dude !! :)
Hope Binkie sees this ;)

@ tripplite :)
Yeah :)
"Brave Fencer Musashi" also didn't work on any of my PSP pops >_<
Then, I saw tis site and changed the GameID and used the 3.52 pops for it and it worked :)

_
27. February 2008 @ 17:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tomb Raider Anniversary is just switching my psp off when i try to load it, would a popsloader make any difference to me ??

qwertydud
_
27. February 2008 @ 17:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
wats the use of popsloader?
i ripped team buddies and converted to eboot, no problems, and i put that into the game folder..... wouldnt that work also?
_
27. February 2008 @ 20:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Stickied :)

edit to add: I'll try and corral the popsloader questions to this thread :)

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. February 2008 @ 20:43

Advertisement
_
__

_
tripplite
_
27. February 2008 @ 20:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
wats the use of popsloader?
i ripped team buddies and converted to eboot, no problems, and i put that into the game folder..... wouldnt that work also?

popsloader gives the user a greater amount of titles he can use on the psp, you'll see with popsloader you'll have less freezes and greater compatibility;-)
Quote:
Since 3.00 when PSOne emulation was introduced by Sony there were plenty changes in POPS, in every firmware ...
Some games are working better on older firmwares, some on newer.
Popsloader lets you choose what version of POPS would you like to play with a game

so basically some games would boot in one firmware and WOULDN'T boot in another, popsloader lets you choice multiple versions of popsloaders so that you can run games that aren't supported on your firmware

binkie7- thanks for much needed sticky here!

-tripplite

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. February 2008 @ 20:53

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork