User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 23:11
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
GUIDE : How to use popsloader :)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
15. March 2008 @ 05:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ Tsarkon :)
Well, even I can't figure out what problem your PSP is facing >_<
The menu should pop up if you've enabled the plugin and did everything properly >_<
Even though, try disabling the plugin and then try starting the game [If menu comes up, your luck :) -Sometimes, it happens-]
If it doesn't [which is most probable to happen :(], then enable the plugin and see whether the menu comes up :)
Disable everything in the "Advanced -> Advanced configuration" menu of your recovery menu :)
Also, disable the "hard reset on homebrew" if it is enabled >_<

@tripleoh
Juz see if "hard reset on homebrew" is enabled and if it is, disable it >_<
This is a strange problem happening >_>
Well, any PSX to PSP "EBOOT creator" creates "PSX-PSP EBOOTs" for all PSP firmwares :)

My (+[__]%) life - HERE :)
*Why do I take it all ??? Why do I beg for more ??? I never thought that this is how I Hit The Floor* Bullet For my Valentine darn rulez !!!! \m/ ^_^ \m/
Guide on how to use popsloader : HERE / Working and non-working pandora batteries : HERE
Advertisement
_
__
_
15. March 2008 @ 12:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hmm, thanks for the suggestions. I tried everything you said but that didn't do the trick either. I'm going to try to re-rip Xenogears (I still have the original discs) and see if maybe the eboots really ARE corrupted (maybe they didn't move over properly when I was backing up the memstick). If that doesn't do the trick, I'll try changing the fw around (upgrade to 3.90, try it, downgrade to 3.71 and try it, etc).

When I get this thing working I'll post what did the trick. :)

/Tsarkon
_
15. March 2008 @ 12:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
okies :)

btw, try them on 3.71m33-4 :)
And juz see whether other plugins work on your PSP :)
Cuz in some PSPs, the plugins show "Enabled" in the menu but still don't work >_<

*Why do I take it all ??? Why do I beg for more ??? I never thought that this is how I Hit The Floor* Bullet For my Valentine darn rulez !!!! \m/ ^_^ \m/
Guide on how to use popsloader : HERE / Working and non-working pandora batteries : HERE
tripleoh
_
16. March 2008 @ 04:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
still not working, ive giving up on playing psx games, dont know why, but there is a other fourm topic made by me to try to get some answers, just in case u want to see what i wrote, i did find one problem and i was able to fix that but still have problems, oh topic name is ( cant play ps1 on 3.71m33-4 and 3.90m33-2 ) ty for reading
tripplite
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
16. March 2008 @ 13:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
still not working, ive giving up on playing psx games, dont know why, but there is a other fourm topic made by me to try to get some answers, just in case u want to see what i wrote, i did find one problem and i was able to fix that but still have problems, oh topic name is ( cant play ps1 on 3.71m33-4 and 3.90m33-2 ) ty for reading

i have a feeling its the source of your game or how you unpacked them or such!! LOL once this kid had all this trouble....went through 2 pages of trouble shouting and the issue was his GAMES WERE STILL RARED!!
just make sure the game is in the correct format~ and that it has a file type assigned to is!

link us to the thread:)

tripleoh
_
16. March 2008 @ 13:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
there not rared, i know that much :(
tripplite
_
16. March 2008 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
there not rared, i know that much :(

link us to the thread you opened! anyway dont link us to your source but maybe its time to look up a better uploader?

tripleoh
_
16. March 2008 @ 14:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
keep in mind, this psx games have run on 3.40oe, le, 3.52m33, but now cant get this to owrk on 3.90m33 then downgradered) but hope for the best..http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/639648 to the other post, at first i thought it was the 1.50 add on i was having trouble. then i noticed well look at the other post :) Please and ty for ur help this is driving me crazy
_
16. March 2008 @ 21:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@tripleoh
No multi posting - as a junior member you should know this.
Stick w/ the thread you opened.

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...
_
16. March 2008 @ 22:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, my problem wasn't with popstation, I guess. I re-ripped the game and made a fresh eboot with RS-GUI Popstation MD v3.0 and I now see the popstation menu. I made no changes to the firmware, it just apparently did not like those old eboots (and even now will not function on any pops under 3.71). When I get back to my home computer I'm going to see if I can somehow salvage those old eboots (rip the iso's and make fresh eboots, maybe) for all those folks who have the backups but can't seem to lay their hands on their originals. ;)

/Tsarkon
Elmadhoun
_
3. April 2008 @ 06:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey i have a problem i have version 3.90 m33-3 and i followed the tips but when i press square it says psar too big recompile using smth buffer....plz yall help
_
3. April 2008 @ 07:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try THIS PSAR dumper :)
But you'll have to look for the files in the folder "ms0:\DUMP\F0" of your PSP for the files :)

CRViper
_
9. April 2008 @ 04:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi could anybody help me with my problem pls? i got a pre-modded PSP Slim on 3.80M33-5 which have no problems running ISO & CSO files. Under the recovery screen i can choose 1.5 kernal or 3.80 kernel for the homebrew(which i left it at 3.80). I tried following the steps listed but im still unable to get the menu to select the different pops. Can i know what am i doing wrong?

1) i downloaded the firmware poploader 3.80m33 and placed the seplugins folder in the memory root directory.

2) downloaded the PSAR and placed it inside the psp/game directory

3) downloaded the Sony PSP 3.8X FW Updates from here and placed it in the root directory of memory stick

4) run the PSAR Dumper and it created the FO folders successfully and rebooted my PSP.

5) dowloaded the pops files required for firmwares 3.00 - 3.72 from the link provided and extracted the files into the seplugins folder, and deleted the FO folder + the Sony PSP 3.8X FW Updates + PSAR folder inside the psp/game directory.

6) rebooted my psp and enabled the popsloader.prx from the recovery screen.

7) held down right trigger and pressed "start" to boot FF7. And the game starts normally without any menu.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. April 2008 @ 04:38

_
9. April 2008 @ 07:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm assuming you downloaded the 3.80 popsloader :)
Also, about the 3.00 to 3.71 pops, you'll have to place the files in the "ms0:\seplugins\popsloader" folder of your PSP (i.e the .prx files should be in that folder)
Also, start the game first and then when it comes to the "Warning screen", then hold the "R" button :)
By warning screen I do not mean the ps1 logo :)

kouljaboy
_
9. April 2008 @ 12:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hello again...
is there any solution to the problem of final fantasy?
1st battle always hang...
can someone help me...
CRViper
_
9. April 2008 @ 19:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
kouljaboy:
yea im encountering this problem yesterday too. Seems like the only way to solve it, is by installing popsloader and use the 3.71version to play it. U need to update ur CFW and choose popsloader 3.71 when starting FF7

Acid:
I decided to take my chances and update via the PSP M33 autoupdate lol and updated it to 3.90M33. For some strange reason it works! i did not use the popsloader for 3.90M33 though, still using the 3.80M33 popsloader but im able to get the menu working

At least i can play my FF7 now with this setting though lol

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. April 2008 @ 00:28

jmad16
_
10. April 2008 @ 01:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by acidy:
Thanx man :)
I wrote this guide because many ppl are asking about how to use popsloader :)
People like you make this world soooo much easier :) thanks alot, you rock!!
_
11. April 2008 @ 05:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ CRViper :)
Well, "3.80m33 v2" popsloader works on 3.90m33 :)
The download link I gave, too, is for both 3.80m33 & 3.90 m33 firmwares :)

@ jmad16 :)
Thanx man :)

CRViper
_
11. April 2008 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ah that explains why it works! thx for the help acid!
_
14. April 2008 @ 13:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm on 3.52 M33-4 and have tried to get popsloader to work in the past, but it never worked even tho it seemed that I did what I was supposed to.

1. Can you use pops of firmwares higher than the CFW you are on?

2. Holding the R button should always bring up the pops menu right?

3. Is there a usual reason why popsloader doesn't work?

Thanks to everyone for enlightening me!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. April 2008 @ 13:22

_
15. April 2008 @ 02:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Even I had the same problem on 3.52m33-4 :)
But popsloader loaded properly when I had 3.71m33-4 and it also loads properly on my current 3.90m33-3 PSP :)

Elmadhoun
_
15. April 2008 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey i have a problem when i load the popsloader 3.80 on my current version which is 3.90 m33-3 it freezes when i choose a popsloader plzz guys help me plzzz tell me wt to do...and give me steps plzz!!!
_
16. April 2008 @ 01:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, may be you haven't put the "pops files" in the "ms0:\seplugins\popsloader" folder :)
Read my full guide :)

Well, if you don't have time, then download the "3.00 - 3.72 pops" file from the links that I posted in my guide (You'll find it near the end of my guide)
After you download the file, you'll get a folder named "popsloader" in it and juz place that folder in the "ms0:\seplugins" folder :)
Now, you'll see that all your pops are loading properly :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. April 2008 @ 01:06

gyrene89
_
17. April 2008 @ 03:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Acidy,

I just had to register, just to say thank you for your guide. I have been trying to figure this out for the last few months, and have run into a brick wall. I have been to many sites, but this was the first one, that had clear concise instructions, and actually was still active and not dead.

You never ridiculed any members that may not have followed the guide, you spoke to them and treated them with respect, and provided them with help. I am truly impressed, and I am bookmarking this site, as one of my tops.

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
PSPSlim - 3.90mm-2
Popsloader 3.80v2 playing PSX Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil
Advertisement
_
__

_
tripplite
_
17. April 2008 @ 07:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Acidy,

I just had to register, just to say thank you for your guide. I have been trying to figure this out for the last few months, and have run into a brick wall. I have been to many sites, but this was the first one, that had clear concise instructions, and actually was still active and not dead.

You never ridiculed any members that may not have followed the guide, you spoke to them and treated them with respect, and provided them with help. I am truly impressed, and I am bookmarking this site, as one of my tops.

aww! well thank you i try and make guides that help everyone on the net with their psp issues, yup making this guide wasn't easy but im glade it helped you out:)

-acidy

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork