User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 11:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
GUIDE : How to use popsloader :)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
28. February 2008 @ 19:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sticky is being moved to I think a more appropriate forum - homebrew.

Forum Rules
Do this before posting
Do not click this link...
Advertisement
_
__
_
28. February 2008 @ 23:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ballboy88:
Tomb Raider Anniversary is just switching my psp off when i try to load it, would a popsloader make any difference to me ??

Nopes :)
Tomb Raider Anniversary is a PSP and not a PSX game :)
popsloader is used to increase the PSP's compatibility with PSX games :)

My (+[__]%) life - HERE :)
*Why do I take it all ??? Why do I beg for more ??? I never thought that this is how I Hit The Floor* Bullet For my Valentine darn rulez !!!! \m/ ^_^ \m/
Guide on how to use popsloader : HERE / Working and non-working pandora batteries : HERE
PSPgamen
_
1. March 2008 @ 11:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Congrats for the guide.

very usefull :D

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. March 2008 @ 11:43

_
3. March 2008 @ 07:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanx alot man :)
I added the "Info on popsloader" :)
The reason is in my previous post :P

*Why do I take it all ??? Why do I beg for more ??? I never thought that this is how I Hit The Floor* Bullet For my Valentine darn rulez !!!! \m/ ^_^ \m/
Guide on how to use popsloader : HERE / Working and non-working pandora batteries : HERE
CyiNidE
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
7. March 2008 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am having trouble with this.

first, can I get rid of the PSAR dumper in my game folder after I follow the guide?

Real Problem:
I have 3.9 m33 and I've tried to follow the guide 4 times now with no success. No menu comes up for me to choose the popsloader version at the beginning of the PSX game (using 3.71 for FFVII), the game just starts. And like without popsloader and without following the guide, I try to start a new game and the screen goes blank.

Please help, I know it works for 3.9 m33. I guess Im doing it wrong?
kouljaboy
_
8. March 2008 @ 09:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can popsloader break my PSP???
I mean is "popsloader"safe for my PSP...
can my psp slim have problems
to the software? or hardware?
please reply...
_
8. March 2008 @ 10:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by CyiNidE:
I am having trouble with this.

first, can I get rid of the PSAR dumper in my game folder after I follow the guide?

Real Problem:
I have 3.9 m33 and I've tried to follow the guide 4 times now with no success. No menu comes up for me to choose the popsloader version at the beginning of the PSX game (using 3.71 for FFVII), the game just starts. And like without popsloader and without following the guide, I try to start a new game and the screen goes blank.

Please help, I know it works for 3.9 m33. I guess Im doing it wrong?

aahh :)
Which firmware did you put in the root of your memory stick ??? :)
Also, you'll have to place the "seplugins" to the ROOT of your memory stick :)
And be sure you've downloaded the correct popsloader for your firmware :)
And then "OH MY !!! I forgot to add that in my guide"
After you put the the pops files and everything, go to the recovery mode of your PSP and then go to "Plugins" and then enable "popsloader" :)
Originally posted by acidy:
To access recovery mode follow the following steps :-
1. Completely shut down your PSP (Not stand-by)
2. Hold the "R" button (i.e right trigger) while starting your PSP ^_^
3. You are now on recovery mode
It should look something like THIS

Now, juz see that the menu comes up :P
Darn, I've gotta add that part to my guide !!! :)
Sowwie :P

Originally posted by kouljaboy:
Can popsloader break my PSP???
I mean is "popsloader"safe for my PSP...
can my psp slim have problems
to the software? or hardware?
please reply...

Popsloader doesn't write anything to the flash0 and so it is safe !!! :)

tripplite
_
8. March 2008 @ 13:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Popsloader doesn't write anything to the flash0 and so it is safe !!! :)

the flash 0 contains your vsh, dic and such XMB files, thats a different ball game:)

CyiNidE
_
8. March 2008 @ 13:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Success!
Thank you
Gracias
Grazi
Hvala
_
8. March 2008 @ 22:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ CyiNidE :)
Thank you for reminding me of not putting such an important step in my guide !!! :D

@ tripplite :)
LOL xD
Yeah :)
It juz accesses the memory stick :)

kouljaboy
_
9. March 2008 @ 08:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by acidy
Popsloader doesn't write anything to the flash0 and so it is safe !!! :)[/quote:

thx men...
now i have no doubts of playing psone games...
xXxBG
_
11. March 2008 @ 23:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the link to the 3.9 popsloader doesnt work!!

_
13. March 2008 @ 09:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, it's working for me :)
I'll know another site and I'll put that site too :)
Well, dl.qj.net did show problems to me before too :)

Note : Sowwie guys for not replying earlier cuz I'm suffering frm chicken pox :(

tripleoh
_
13. March 2008 @ 16:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
getting ray hair here..
3.90m33-2, 1.50 kernal add on
seplugins in root of mem card, and pops loader in that folder
i have the prx enabled in recovery menu, and i switch between 1.50 kernal, and 3.90 cause i cant get any psx games to work.

ok i have tried the long way with the guide, andi know i did everthing right, but first problem ( and still getting this) when i start a psx game i get nuthin, now the xmb is gone but the background is there, and i can only hit select and see like speed up cpu and well u know. now for some reason when i use PSARDUMPER it tells me i have to be on 2.71 or higher ( iam on 3.90m33-2 ) so i thought maybe it was cause i had the kernal on 1.50 so i switched it back to 3.90 and still get that.

So i took the easy way and dl'd all the files at once that where needed and placed them in the popsloader folder, and tired agian. Nuthin same as before xmb goes away, and i see the little swiraly thing in the back... Help please ( also get get gens emu 2 work either) pppllllls iam not 2 much a noob just well crap i hate 3.90m33 so far should have stayed on 3.40oe :( ty for reading and look forward to ur response ( hope i get some in the next few mins :)
tripplite
_
13. March 2008 @ 21:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
3.90m33-is junk go back to 3.71m33,

anyway although you are running the 1.50update~ are you running the one that came with the CFW or did you install the v2 1.50

get it here
http://exophase.com/files/psp/150k_addon390v2.rar

or look up the version 2 1.50 kernel for 3.90m33
http://www.dark-alex.org/

tripleoh
_
13. March 2008 @ 23:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i did the v2 install
_
14. March 2008 @ 02:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well then tripleoh, the 3.90m33 mustn't have been installed properly >_<
Even I have 3.90m33-2 and popsloader works fine but well, I liked 3.71m33-4 much better due to personal reasons :)

btw, which game are you trying to run ?? :)

tripleoh
_
14. March 2008 @ 02:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
psx games are fear effect 1,2 persona 1,2 parasite eve 1,2, grand turismo 2 sim disc, and a few others... well iam not sure why the install of 3.90m33 would be wrong, i spose i can use the pans batt v1 to wipe it and just try a wininstaller of 3.90m33, then update 2 v2, and dl all the pops files need'd :(
_
14. March 2008 @ 03:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No wait >_<
Use "Despertar del Cementerio v3" to update to 3.71m33-2 and then update to 3.71m33-4 and use 3.71m33 popsloader and see :)

tripleoh
_
14. March 2008 @ 04:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
iam kinda beenin lazy dont want to down grade, even thou its pretty easy, just thought maybe god of war need'd a higher fw but crisis core comes out this month i think and still, what if it needs a higher firm then 3.71m33 then iam back in the same boat:(
_
14. March 2008 @ 05:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sowwie that my last "3.90m33 mustn't have been installed properly" wasn't much elaborate so well, I came to that assumption as your PSP isn't able to recognise the 1.50 and 3.90 kernel difference >_<

And well, what you said is also true :P
Which software do you use to convert your PSX images into PSP format ??? :)

tripplite
_
14. March 2008 @ 06:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
iam kinda beenin lazy dont want to down grade, even thou its pretty easy, just thought maybe god of war need'd a higher fw but crisis core comes out this month i think and still, what if it needs a higher firm then 3.71m33 then iam back in the same boat:(

tehe if fod of war needs 3.90 on UMD then on iso it can easily be run on 3.71m33, no joke dude:D

tripleoh
_
14. March 2008 @ 17:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So now iam on 3.71m33-4 and have and did the pops thing but i dont have a option under the plug in in recovery menu :9
tripleoh
_
14. March 2008 @ 19:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
( i know double post) but now that iam on 3.71m33-4 and 1.50 v2 addon, and pops and such i still cant start psx games, xmb goes away and i get the background, then nuthin

@acidy there eboots that i have used for 3.40oe and well uumm ok do eboots have to be redone for different firmwares? and if so maybe thats a problem but not sure... umm guess i will try 2 use a emulator and see if i can use them

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. March 2008 @ 23:08

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
15. March 2008 @ 02:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the guide. I seem to be running into a bit of trouble here, though; do you think you could help? I'm currently running 3.80 M33-5 and I do have the 1.50 add on installed. I followed your instructions and am using 380m33popsloader_v2 from the link you provided. I managed to pull out all of the appropriate prx files, but I'm finding that it won't run Xenogears, which ran just fine on my previous fw (3.03 OE-C). I was halfway through disc 2 of it with no troubles until now so I know it is because of the change in fw. I went into recovery and turned on the popsloader plugin, and the games directory is set to 3.80 kernel

I thought maybe the problem was with the prx files that I ripped, so I downloaded the compilation of 3.00-3.71 archive of prx files and dumped them all into :\seplugins\popsloader\

The trouble is, every time I go to start it, it tells me it was unable to start because it is corrupted. I never see a menu prompting me to choose a pops version, and holding 'R' doesn't seem to bring up the menu either. I think if I just could get the option to use the 3.03 files it would work just fine. Any ideas on how to get that menu to kick in? Thanks in advance. :)

/Tsarkon

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork