User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 00:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > dvd shrink not recognizing the dvd drive
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD Shrink Not recognizing the DVD drive
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Waseemn
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
24. July 2012 @ 11:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,

I bought a new laptop with Home Premium 64Bit Windows 7 and installed DVD Shrink version 3.2.0.15 and installed Nero 10 Multimedia Suite.

I want to rip some folders containing ripped DVDs, ripped using DVD Shrink before installing Nero, to a DVD.

But DVD Shrink does not recognize the D:\ drive where the DVD is. So when I press the Backup button, I get the Backup DVD window, and under Select Backup Target there is a drop down that only has 2 options: Create IOS Image File and Hard Disk Folder.

What should I do to get this resolved and be able to rip to a DVD?

Should I have installed Nero before DVD Shrink, or is there any other tricks?

Thanks

Waseem
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
24. July 2012 @ 13:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There is no need to re-rip,the dvd has previously been ripped & burned yes,then open the disc & copy & paste to hdd or drag n drop

the button to the very left when you first open shrink "open disc" is what you use to access disc,backup isn't used till you have selected title/s

ddp
_
24. July 2012 @ 15:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum as not a windows issue.
Waseemn
_
24. July 2012 @ 18:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
There is no need to re-rip,the dvd has previously been ripped & burned yes,then open the disc & copy & paste to hdd or drag n drop

the button to the very left when you first open shrink "open disc" is what you use to access disc,backup isn't used till you have selected title/s
Thanks scorpNZ

But sorry I do not understand your reply. My issue is that DVD Shrink is not giving me the option to use my DVD drive as a target for backing up.

I already have the DVDs ripped and sitting in a folder on my Hard drive. Now I want to use DVD Shrink to go directly to DVDs vs. my hard drive.

What should I do to get DVD Shrink to recognize my DVD drive as target.

Thanks again.

Waseemn
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
24. July 2012 @ 19:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't believe shrink can burn to dvd with nero on 64bit w7 machines,tho you could try enabling burn with nero in preferences then try,if no go then just switch to nero either by using burn video file or let shrink create an iso then burn manually,you could try seeing if there's mention of letting imgburn do it from shrink

there is another option & that's dvfab it has it's own burn engine just be sure to set burn speed in settings,your file output for single layer dvd from fab can be increased to 4485 without overburn,this will reduce amount of compression required

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. July 2012 @ 19:37

JST1946
_
24. July 2012 @ 20:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The latest version of DVDFab is available.DVDFab 8.1.9.6 (17/07/2012).

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
Waseemn
_
25. July 2012 @ 11:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't believe shrink can burn to dvd with nero on 64bit w7 machines
Wow now that is a bummer.

tho you could try enabling burn with nero in preferences then try
Yes I checked the options and this one was turned on by default. I was under the impression that I may have had the software installation backwards.

if no go then just switch to nero either by using burn video file or let shrink create an iso then burn manually,you could try seeing if there's mention of letting imgburn do it from shrink
Yes I guess this is going to be my option, is there any good source of step by step description of this process somewhere on the Net? I have been used to simply put the DVD in, run DVD Shrink and wait until it asks me to put in the empty DVD and soon there after I have my backup copy. I wish we could have software that is so simple to use.

there is another option & that's dvfab it has it's own burn engine just be sure to set burn speed in settings,your file output for single layer dvd from fab can be increased to 4485 without overburn,this will reduce amount of compression required
Yes I installed DVDFab Copy to test it, but it is again not allowing me to set my DVD as a target like DVD Shrink. I mean is this not a feature in this kind of software? You say it has its own burning engine, how do I engage it so that it will ask me to place an empty disk and get a backup right away?

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it a lot.

Waseemn
Waseemn
_
25. July 2012 @ 11:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
The latest version of DVDFab is available.DVDFab 8.1.9.6 (17/07/2012).
Thanks JST1946

is there a help file somewhere on the Internet that I can check and learn how to work with this software?

Also, please look at my reply to scorpNZ and share your thoughts about what I am trying to get done.

Thanks

Waseemn
JST1946
_
25. July 2012 @ 12:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes click on the little blue dot in the upper right hand corner with the ? mark in it.It has a tutorial that you can use.The green dot is your custom settings.

http://www.dvdfab.com/faq

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. July 2012 @ 12:21

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
25. July 2012 @ 13:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
turn on vso that is the burn engine,you would've been given option to do so on install

Advertisement
_
__

_
Chetwood
_
29. July 2012 @ 03:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Waseemn:
Yes I guess this is going to be my option, is there any good source of step by step description of this process somewhere on the Net?

Official DVD Shrink FAQ.

MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)
MultiShrink
: batch processing for DVD Shrink
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Related links
Download DVD Shrink from here.
Read our DVD Shrink guide from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Transfer DVD Shrink "recognition" ability. Old computer to New computer 11 31. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
ImgBurn DVD Decrypter won't work with Shrink 3 29. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Nebraska Won't Go Into Shrink 8 22. March 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink 3 10. February 2014 Video - Software discussion
DVDLab Pro to DVD Shrink issue 3 8. February 2014 Video - Everything else
Getting the famous "dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue invalid dvd navigation structure" message 9 3. February 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink - what happened!! 6 20. January 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Is DVD Shrink 2013 a hoax? 11 25. November 2013 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Drive and DVD shrink 2 26. October 2013 Convert DVD to another format
shrink isnt working with my windows vista 8 23. September 2013 DVD Shrink forum

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > dvd shrink not recognizing the dvd drive

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork