User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 18:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > thor and dvd shrink
Show topics

Forums
Forums
thor and dvd shrink
  Jump to:

Posted Message
diegoiravedra
_
10. September 2011 @ 07:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Need some help with dvd shrink and Thor.Cant burn Thor with dvd shrink.Theres a error message when i try to burn it.
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
10. September 2011 @ 23:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum.
pochie
_
12. September 2011 @ 16:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVDFab 8.1.1.9 Qt Beta (September 12, 2011)work good
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
12. September 2011 @ 19:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVDFab HD Decrypter 8.1.1.9 Beta

DVDFab 8.1.1.9 Qt Beta (September 12, 2011)

DVD Copy:

New: Added support for a new copy protection as found on "Thor" (US). Please note: HD Decryter doesn't support it for now, user need a valid license of "DVD Copy" to copy this disc.

Beta download link:
http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.ph...vangate&aid=675

"The flimsier the product,the higher the price"
Ferengi 82nd rule of aqusition

royalaser
_
13. September 2011 @ 16:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AnyDvD 6.8.5.12 beta worked for me

Couldn't get DVDFab 8.1.1.9 Qt Beta to work,
it shows multiple copies of the film
you have to know which one to pick
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. September 2011 @ 18:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@endo

good info on DVDFab 8119QBeta worked fine and mine only showed main movie because that's all I backed up. Now I know why I keep paying for this program. AnyDVD didn't work this time.

Didn't have AnyDVD 68512Beta at the time.Will try it.
AfterDawn Addict
_
13. September 2011 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AnyDvD 6.8.5.12 beta WORKS!

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD68512.exe

ANYDVD JUST UPDATE TO 6.8.6.0 IN THE LAST 2 MINS

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. September 2011 @ 18:39

AfterDawn Addict
_
13. September 2011 @ 18:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ZoSoIV:
AnyDvD 6.8.5.12 beta WORKS!

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD68512.exe

you're one behind ZOSO on AnyDVD at regular download page 6860 and opens it immediately way to go AnyDVD.
augerpro
_
14. September 2011 @ 18:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just found a weird issue with Thor too. Using newest DVDFab in Full Movie it first showed up as 33GB. Switching to Main Movie and selecting just title 2 it showed something more reasonable, 4GB or so. Ripped and opened the folder with DVDshrink. I have my custom size set to 4992 MB and the movie was smaller so really I did not need to use shrink but out of force of habit (almost always rip full movie) I used Reauthor to shrink just the main movie. Shrink showed the new movie as being 4992 MB and during the encode shrink would run out of memory and fail. Watching task manager shrink was just using more and mroe memory until it hit about 1.7GB and would fail. Using Full Movie option shrink worked fine.

Granted it ended up I didn't have to use shrink since I ripped just the main movie and it was smaller than my setting of 4994MB, but I'm curious what happened so in the future it doesn't happen with a movie I need to process with shrink.
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. September 2011 @ 20:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by augerpro:
I just found a weird issue with Thor too. Using newest DVDFab in Full Movie it first showed up as 33GB. Switching to Main Movie and selecting just title 2 it showed something more reasonable, 4GB or so. Ripped and opened the folder with DVDshrink. I have my custom size set to 4992 MB and the movie was smaller so really I did not need to use shrink but out of force of habit (almost always rip full movie) I used Reauthor to shrink just the main movie. Shrink showed the new movie as being 4992 MB and during the encode shrink would run out of memory and fail. Watching task manager shrink was just using more and mroe memory until it hit about 1.7GB and would fail. Using Full Movie option shrink worked fine.

Granted it ended up I didn't have to use shrink since I ripped just the main movie and it was smaller than my setting of 4994MB, but I'm curious what happened so in the future it doesn't happen with a movie I need to process with shrink.
I don't know what kind of dvds you're using but biggest size of a SL DVD is about 4459MB and movie only for Thor using Fab to process the files(shrink) them yielded a compression of 73%- movie only. I had no issues with Fab opening the disc(no33GB issue) Juts remember you can't fit 4994 MB on a dvd sl. 4.9GB does not NOT equal 4994MB. Try using Fab to do your shrinking and writing automatically with image burn. That's what I used. I also did a DL dvd full disc with latest AnyDVD and ImgBurn to rip file and to write it Verbatim 2.4X MIS.
augerpro
_
14. September 2011 @ 20:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm using DVDFab to rip and DVDShrink to shrink and edit. I use 4992 now because I'm not burning these to disc, just keeping on the hard drive of my HTPC, and 5GB seemed a good round number to limit movie sizes too to preserve space.
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. September 2011 @ 21:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm using DVDFab to rip and DVDShrink to shrink and edit. I use 4992 now because I'm not burning these to disc, just keeping on the hard drive of my HTPC, and 5GB seemed a good round number to limit movie sizes too to preserve space.
I see what you're doing. I would uninstall and reinstall a newdownload of Fab. This might fix the problem. Why compress the movie at all since it's staying on HDD.
augerpro
_
14. September 2011 @ 22:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The error happens in DVDShrink, not DVDFab, or do you think there is something wrong with the rip that you suspect DVDFab?
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. September 2011 @ 14:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The error happens in DVDShrink, not DVDFab, or do you think there is something wrong with the rip that you suspect DVDFab?
do you get same error if you process it with Fab. Is it just Thor that is not working with Shrink? Thor was full of encryptions. Fab could have missed something. But if it works with all other movies(using Shrink) then Fab is ok including ripper portion. i would try to migrate to a newer compression program-Fab-Recode(Nero)-CloneDVD.
maddog920
_
16. September 2011 @ 21:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a similar problem..i made it title 24 because that's the title that comes up when you watch the real dvd. I backed up on my HDD but when i run it through DVD Shrink or Nero Recode, there is a problem.
Advertisement
_
__

_
KUNJUMYLA
_
20. September 2011 @ 15:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
With ANYDVD 6860 running in the background open the dvd with CLONE DVD2. It will copy the correct title. The RIPPED copy will work with DVDSHRINK
Related links
Download DVD Shrink from here.
Read our DVD Shrink guide from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Transfer DVD Shrink "recognition" ability. Old computer to New computer 11 31. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
ImgBurn DVD Decrypter won't work with Shrink 3 29. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Nebraska Won't Go Into Shrink 8 22. March 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink 3 10. February 2014 Video - Software discussion
DVDLab Pro to DVD Shrink issue 3 8. February 2014 Video - Everything else
Getting the famous "dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue invalid dvd navigation structure" message 9 3. February 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink - what happened!! 6 20. January 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Is DVD Shrink 2013 a hoax? 11 25. November 2013 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Drive and DVD shrink 2 26. October 2013 Convert DVD to another format
shrink isnt working with my windows vista 8 23. September 2013 DVD Shrink forum

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > thor and dvd shrink

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork