User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 21:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > nero discussion > burning a list of files in nero
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Burning a list of files in Nero
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Dudeness1
_
24. March 2013 @ 20:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Everyone,

I like to create lists of my favourite songs in Excel, I then burn these songs to a Data CD for playback on my car stereo. Historically I have simply added each file to Nero using the file browser, which is quite time consuming, and I am now wondering if there is some way of importing a list into Nero. As my list is in Excel I would ideally like to be able to import either an xls / xlsx or csv file.

Is there any way of importing a list of files into Nero to avoid manually selecting large numbers of files?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo
aingtea11
_
19. September 2013 @ 21:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For example, you have a list (must be complete with paths) as below (assuming there are hundreds):

D:\song1\Wagoner, Porter - Satisfied Mind.mp3
D:\song1\Price, Ray - City Lights.mp3
D:\song4\Young, Faron - Hello Walls.mp3
D:\song5\Horton, Johnny - North To Alaska.mp3

(If your list is in excel then copy paste it to ms word as unformatted text.)

How to:
1. make the list above into one line (remember, only one line), like this:
"D: \ song1 \ Wagoner, Porter - Satisfied Mind.mp3" "D: \ song1 \ Price, Ray - City Lights.mp3" "D: \ song4 \ Young, Faron - Hello Walls.mp3" "D: \ song5 \ Horton, Johnny - North To Alaska.mp3"
So you need to add the " " and a space between the file name. If you use MS Word, use 'find and replace'> type in the box find what: ^p, in the box replace with: " ". Then click 'replace all'. Then you may need to add one " at the beginning of the line and remove one " at the end of the line.
2. copy the list that has become one line
3. Open Nero> Data> Make Data DVD> add
4. paste it in the box next to the add button
5. click add
6. now the file list is in the nero file list.
aingtea11
_
21. September 2013 @ 01:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For example, you have a list (must be complete with paths) as below (assuming there are hundreds):

D:\song1\Wagoner, Porter - Satisfied Mind.mp3
D:\song1\Price, Ray - City Lights.mp3
D:\song4\Young, Faron - Hello Walls.mp3
D:\song5\Horton, Johnny - North To Alaska.mp3
If your list is in excel then copy paste it to ms word as unformatted text.

How to:
1. make the list above into one line (remember, only one line), like this:

"D: \ song1 \ Wagoner, Porter - Satisfied Mind.mp3" "D: \ song1 \ Price, Ray - City Lights.mp3" "D: \ song4 \ Young, Faron - Hello Walls.mp3" "D: \ song5 \ Horton, Johnny - North To Alaska.mp3"

So you need to add the " " and a space between the file name. If you use MS Word, use 'find and replace'> type in the box find what: ^p, in the box replace with: " ". Then click 'replace all'. Then you may need to add one " at the beginning of the line and remove one " at the end of the line.
2. copy the list that has become one line
3. Open Nero> Data> Make Data DVD> add
4. paste it in the box next to the add button
5. click add
6. now the file list is in the nero file list.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Dudeness1
_
22. September 2013 @ 20:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi aingtea11,

I will definitely give your technique a go next time that I produce my "mixed tape".

Kind Regards,

Davo
Related links
Download Nero from here.
How to burn DVDs with Nero? Read our guide from here.
Support AfterDawn and purchase your copy of Nero from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
My Nero 6 OEM not compatable with Windows 8.1 4 2. June 2014 Windows - Software discussion
nero 2014 3 24. May 2014 Nero discussion
need to download Nero 9 5 9. May 2014 Nero discussion
read errors on disc verify in nero 12 2 3. May 2014 Nero discussion
I lose sound when I join files on Nero 12 Platinum? 9 29. April 2014 Nero discussion
Nero 12 activation 3 15. January 2014 Nero discussion
Help with NERO burning BluRay 2 22. December 2013 Nero discussion
DVD-DL Media keeps failing with Nero Platinum 12 6 7. December 2013 Nero discussion
A better way to burn Blu Ray disks...than using Nero! 3 30. October 2013 Blu-ray
which version of Nero to get for windows 7 OS ?? 2 26. October 2013 Nero discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > nero discussion > burning a list of files in nero

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork