User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 21:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > nero discussion > nero compatibility with windows 7
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Nero compatibility with Windows 7
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Pariah
_
28. June 2013 @ 13:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I found my old install CD from 2005 with the Nero software on it. I probably was on XP at that time, and the Nero version piggybacked with Shrink to allow seamless rip/compress/burn duplication of DVDs. That computer died long ago and I have been stuck having to manually burn with Imageburn since then. Now that I found the correct version of Nero again, I was about to install it - but now I get a message that reads "This version of Nero is not compatible with this version of Windows. Please contact Ahead Software for assistance." Does anyone here know how to make the older Shrink friendly Nero work with Windows 7? Is there a way to boot my CPU in a diffeerent version of windows for when I want to use Shrink/Nero? Thanks.
rulisky
_
28. June 2013 @ 16:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You could make your machine a dual boot system for 7 and XP. You could use a virtual box to run XP. Both method require you to install a full version of XP on your machine.

I have used the dual boot route before I just switched to 7 altogether. Switching can be tiresome. You said you do not like to manually burn with ImgBurn, so this choice may not be for you.

I do use an Oracle Virtual Box to run XP since the wife has a favorite program that DOES NOT run under 7, no way. Setting up the Virtual Box was tricky and am not sure I could repeat it or explain clearly through this forum.

You may want to check out this link: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

This is a nifty combo package of tools that allow you to use a step by step wizard or 1 click route. Works perfectly for me on DVDs. (DVDFab for Blu Rays).

Enjoy.
Related links
Download Nero from here.
How to burn DVDs with Nero? Read our guide from here.
Support AfterDawn and purchase your copy of Nero from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
My Nero 6 OEM not compatable with Windows 8.1 4 2. June 2014 Windows - Software discussion
nero 2014 3 24. May 2014 Nero discussion
need to download Nero 9 5 9. May 2014 Nero discussion
read errors on disc verify in nero 12 2 3. May 2014 Nero discussion
I lose sound when I join files on Nero 12 Platinum? 9 29. April 2014 Nero discussion
Nero 12 activation 3 15. January 2014 Nero discussion
Help with NERO burning BluRay 2 22. December 2013 Nero discussion
DVD-DL Media keeps failing with Nero Platinum 12 6 7. December 2013 Nero discussion
A better way to burn Blu Ray disks...than using Nero! 3 30. October 2013 Blu-ray
which version of Nero to get for windows 7 OS ?? 2 26. October 2013 Nero discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > nero discussion > nero compatibility with windows 7

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork