User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 22:08
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > cold light day dvd shrink out of memory msg
Show topics

Forums
Forums
cold light day dvd shrink Out of Memory msg
  Jump to:

Posted Message
henchmen
_
26. August 2012 @ 11:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
still cant seem to get this one, got it from Blockbuster cold light of day r2 dvd shrink halts when ripping @ 14% stage

Tried with DVD Decryptor + DVDFab but they crash too

out of memory but i have 16GB~!
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. August 2012 @ 19:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have you ripped other DVDs successfully before this one?

henchmen
_
26. August 2012 @ 21:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Ripper

All the time, problems only happen with Hunger Games + this flick
JST1946
_
27. August 2012 @ 00:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have you tried to update DVDFab to the latest version. 8.2.0.7.

http://www.dvdfab.com/

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
sluicejockey
_
6. October 2012 @ 16:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by henchmen:
still cant seem to get this one, got it from Blockbuster cold light of day r2 dvd shrink halts when ripping @ 14% stage

sluicejockey
_
6. October 2012 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

sluicejockey
_
6. October 2012 @ 16:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by sluicejockey:

I get those messages, too; and it's getting worse. Happening with more discs. The kicker: I have an older dual-core Toshiba laptop with 2gigs RAM that will rip the DVDs (with DVD Shrink) that I cannot, on my newer quad-core HP laptop, due to memory error. DVDfab works equally well on both. Both running Win7.
JST1946
_
6. October 2012 @ 16:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have you tried with the DVDFab update 8.2.1.3 28/9/2012

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
ps355528
_
7. October 2012 @ 17:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
there is no "new" copy protection, but what is happening is the rippers are allocating only so much memory space for the PSL list and it's probably overflowing.. now then.. RI4M used variable size allocation for the PSL (and a unique way of finding them) .. give that a go ;)

the other thought is different entirely.. whats your bios set ram "aperture" and where is it?.. could be it's where the rippers are trying to shove certain data. I don't use any of these rippers.. I use scripts in inventive ways to rip what I can watch, the PSL dump and passing that to byte copy programs is my military secret.... don't ask.. I got in trouble for including it in a program long time back.

FYI.. shrink throws an "out of memory" error on a crc error.. damaged/unreadable disk.. can you actually play this disk on your pc?

I could probably "rip" this disk manually.. might take a bit of work, but nothing is impossible.. Many of the "tools" listed are available for windoze computers.. mencoder/mplayer/ffmpeg etc http://afterdark13.11.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=75

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. October 2012 @ 17:32

Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
7. October 2012 @ 18:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Out of memory is either not enough pagefile so increase it
or
not enough free space recheck that 16gb is free & check that the destination of ripped files is going to that free space

or it could be a ram issue check task manager & shut down any running process you don't need i.e
spoolsv.exe or spools.exe= printer driver
adobe
windows search
windows update
jqs.exe = java quick start

etc,etc

Related links
Download DVD Shrink from here.
Read our DVD Shrink guide from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Transfer DVD Shrink "recognition" ability. Old computer to New computer 11 31. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
ImgBurn DVD Decrypter won't work with Shrink 3 29. May 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Nebraska Won't Go Into Shrink 8 22. March 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink 3 10. February 2014 Video - Software discussion
DVDLab Pro to DVD Shrink issue 3 8. February 2014 Video - Everything else
Getting the famous "dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue invalid dvd navigation structure" message 9 3. February 2014 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Shrink - what happened!! 6 20. January 2014 DVD Shrink forum
Is DVD Shrink 2013 a hoax? 11 25. November 2013 DVD Shrink forum
DVD Drive and DVD shrink 2 26. October 2013 Convert DVD to another format
shrink isnt working with my windows vista 8 23. September 2013 DVD Shrink forum

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > cold light day dvd shrink out of memory msg

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork