User User name Password  

Saturday 28.9.2024 / 19:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
14. June 2009 @ 22:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Office Depot Media

Here is the DVD media Bigtoxy is referring to, at $5.99 per one hundred pack, I am very wary when it comes to trying this stuff, especially since I can't figure out who makes this stuff??

distributor Swinton Avenue Trading Ltd., Inc.
Manufacturer # B9500 \Maybe one of our wizards will be able to decipher the MID info.

Advertisement
_
__
bratcher
_
14. June 2009 @ 22:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Why is it delivery only when there is an Office Deopt close to my home? I would have burned a few just to test out the media....
_
14. June 2009 @ 22:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They be out of stock anyways, tried ordering one to see what shipping would run and it said insufficient stock.

AfterDawn Addict
_
14. June 2009 @ 23:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
office depot media usually codes out as Ritek which has never worked very good for me

Antec 1200 Full-Tower Case/Thermaltake 750-Watt PS/ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 Mobo/Western Digital Black WD500 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache/NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card/CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 /Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)/CORSAIR Hydro High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler/3-Asus DRW-24B1ST Sata Drives/Samsung 2493HM 24" LCD Monitior 1920x1200 resolution,5ms respone time/OS Windows 10 Pro SP1 64-bit

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. June 2009 @ 23:17

bratcher
_
15. June 2009 @ 00:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by blivetNC:
They be out of stock anyways, tried ordering one to see what shipping would run and it said insufficient stock.
Well if somebody manages to get one then let us know what the mid code was & how well it burned.
_
15. June 2009 @ 09:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well Bieng it is out of stock ! The point is Moot !!!! I thought Officedepot was'nt Going to have their Own Brand Of media anymore ? Shows you what I get for Thinking ? Ironically They Offer to Sell you/us ? RegulaR Officedepot Media At Regular Prices Instead !!! - Bait And Switch ?????????? Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And on The Ritek Front ! People either Swear By them or At Them ! I think it's a Compatability Thing Some Decks/Burneers Just don't seem to like Ritek ? Some do !!!! But I guess it's that way with everything in life???? Good Luck and happy burning !!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
18. June 2009 @ 15:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A couple of times i've been lucky enough to get RICHOJPN's from the OD branded media, which i've fared very well with. The RITEK's i'm not a huge fan of either.

AfterDawn Addict
_
18. June 2009 @ 15:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My optiarc 7200S likes the OD Riteks especially if they are NOT the F-16 variety but like ricoh jpn the 03s and 05s. Burner doesn't like to burn F-16s at 16Xs.

_
20. June 2009 @ 11:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
YUP !!! like I said Some people swear by them ( Riteks ) & some swear at them !!!!! Still wondering if anyone got Any of the $5.99 for a 100 OD's and what they coded as ? I'M fairly well situated on their Media though So It;s a moot point !!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
20. June 2009 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@BIG these $5.99 od's are in the store or just online? i missed out on this detail. thnx. if in store i'll go get some n try them out n code them.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. June 2009 @ 14:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The $5.99 OD DVDs are ONLY being offered online . . .

A friend who is employed at OD told me that they're part of a chain wide cleaning out of outdated inventory.

All of the stores have been given a list of various items that OD considered to be 'old stock'. These items are getting sent to a warehouse to be sold online.

Once the warehouse runs out . . it is probably safe to assume that the items are sold out . . .

Victor

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
dr_ml422
_
20. June 2009 @ 18:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thnx. any word if they're defective or just plain discontinued/overstock? at $5.99 if they're decent not bad. free shipping? that might be the catch.

_
20. June 2009 @ 18:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
WELL evidently the clearing out must have worked because They {OD claim to have insufficient stock !!!!!!!?} for the $5.99 disc but offer their old? Blue Wrapped OD Branded media @ regular or near regular prices instead of The Sale Media !!!! - I Think maybe that The $5.99 deal may have been a way to get'cha so they could clear out their old Blue wrapped media ? Ironically which I have'nt seen instore since January maybe ? & which I thought they'd already cleared out ? Go Figure ???????

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
20. June 2009 @ 19:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
man talk about bait n switch. lot of these online and retail stores are just plain going to the dogs. very few left w/some sort of integrity. fwiw i chucked newegg a while back. no need 4 specifics. just suffice to say that return shipping after 30 day got really old quick.

i lost out on the od sale during the holidays. everything was gone except for some ativas. oh well. thnk the Good Lord 4 some quality still out there.

bratcher
_
20. June 2009 @ 23:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No need to buy media at Office Depot unless you like TDK & Memosux. They don't carry any other media brands.....
dr_ml422
_
20. June 2009 @ 23:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
No need to buy media at Office Depot unless you like TDK & Memosux. They don't carry any other media brands.....
i hear u bratcher. memosux might make some decent audio cd's but their dvd's 4get about it. some of the fellas like the tdk's. i haven't tried them yet. i don't think they would b as good as some nice maxells.

i have a couple of 50 ct. tubs of dvd+r verbs left and some tys. i think they're some riteks around also. have to check.

anyhow i'm converting my backups into iso's so it'll b a bit b4 i do some serious burning w/imgburn.

AfterDawn Addict
_
21. June 2009 @ 00:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The OD near where I live still carries Sony DVDs and CDs . . but since ABC Warehouse has excellent everyday prices and offers a 110% price match on sale items . . I never find the need to go to OD

_
21. June 2009 @ 03:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
checked the price w/shipping on those 5.99 od discs.shipping is 9.95 + 1.30 taxes=17.24 wish they had these in stock instore.the only discs i would recommend from od are the tdk dl.i have'nt had any problems with those.hey bigtoxy how's it going my friend?good i hope.oh,happy fathers day to all you dad's on ad.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
_
21. June 2009 @ 08:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nemo78221- Good And Happy Fathers day Back atcha !!! & to whoever else it applies to as well !!!! Well I pretty much have standardized on Verbatim & Sony & Taiyo Yudens Since OD Media went Bye BYe - Not Gonna Take a Chance ON Store Brands And Other Name brands other Than Taiyo Yuden, Sony , Or Verbatims you Never Know what your gonna Get ? To Quote That Great American & war Hero "Forest Gump!!!!" But I'll Keep My sales Ear to the ground just the same!!!!! - Cheers & Happy Fathers day Y'all !!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
29. June 2009 @ 19:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
-Must be another week for Crap media ???? if nobody's a posting any sales !!!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. June 2009 @ 22:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
MicroCenter

Verbatim DVD 100/$22.99

Verbatim Printable DVD 50/$13.99

Verbatim DL DVD+R 20/$24.99

Verbatim Printable CD-R 50/$8.99

Hotan Black Slim Jewel Case 50/$6.99 (2 or more $5.99)

_
29. June 2009 @ 23:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
catfreak- Many thanks

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
6. July 2009 @ 08:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Maxell 16x DVD-R $19.99 & Free Shipping @ Buy.com

http://www.buy.com/prod/maxell-dvd-r-4-7...70&dcaid=17070- FWIW Not sure who's currently making them , But if it's adecent MFR. Then not a bad price!!!!! BTW Limit of 20 Per Customer at this Price according to the Advert !-

Also Big lots/Odd lots Stores? -My local Big lot's ( Baton Rouge ) La. Had /has Verbatim DVD+R& DVD-R 16x For $15.00 Per 50ct. Cakebox ! Not a major sale But FWIW and i's the only NOn-CD Verbatims I've seen therer other than Some 4X MOVIE Reel Type disc ! 07/06/09

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. July 2009 @ 21:37

_
9. July 2009 @ 10:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I hate to one up the Ol' luvable swamp guy, but Supermediastore.com has the Taiyo Yuden 8X value line on sale for $19.99 for a 100 pack, free shipping on orders over $25.00.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud...9%20SpecialINTO

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
9. July 2009 @ 11:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
blivetNC- hey that's good 'un for taiyo yuden's

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork