User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 05:17
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
GUIDE : How to use popsloader :)
  Jump to:

Posted Message

1 product review
_
21. September 2009 @ 10:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you can get official firmwares here.
http://www.box.net/shared/z6gv6n68fg
the latest custom firmware here.
http://dl.qj.net/CFW-5.00-M33-6-PSP/pg/12/fid/25689/catid/114

basically all you need is 500.pbp and the custom firmware 5.00 m33-6's eboot.pbp and put them in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ of your memory stick usually i would say just use the m33 network update but i'm not sure if dark alex or alek has the website online anymore since the m33 team seems to be stepping aside and letting GEN make the new custom firmwares.

PSPVC 3.50: click here IRShell 4.91: click here POPSloaders Pack: click here & Compatibility List Hellcats Recovery Flasher: click here
ChickHen R2 & CFW 5.03GEN-A Pandora Battery: Hellcats Pandora Installer or you can buy it from (here, here or here) shaggyze.hoggshobbies.com
Magic Memory Stick: WinXP use Pandora Deluxe or PSP Grader v008 Vista use TOTALNewbi easyInstaller LEDA Homebrew Loader: click here
Top Guides: click here Official Firmware: click here Custom Firmware: click here Music: GAMEMusicGearMX with 1,000s of songs Emulators: click here

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. September 2009 @ 20:29

Advertisement
_
__
popoporo
_
24. September 2009 @ 22:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Question?

So I was trying to download a PSX game (digimon world 3 specifically) but when I tried to use the PSAR dumper, it said the data was corrupt and I couldn't use it. Is there something wrong with the dumper or did I possibly do something else wrong?
Draciran
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
25. September 2009 @ 04:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, I have a problem, I downloaded the popsloader and all the stuff, but when I try to start any PSX game, an error message that says "Game cannot be started (XXXXXXX)" comes up, depending on what pops I use, the code in the XXXXXXX is different. Some help please. I'm using 5.00 m33.

1 product review
_
25. September 2009 @ 20:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@popoporo
first of all this isn't the place to be talking about you downloading illegel games and if you trying to use psardumper for the game and not on your firmwares then your reading the guide wrong, in any case you can skip psardumper and download my popsloader 5.00 m33-2 in my signature.

@Draciran
try upgrading your psp to at least 5.00 m33-2 for popsloader to work, also make sure your running homebrew with the 5.xx kernel by checking the configuration in the recovery menu (reset psp and hold R shoulder) and that the m33 driver is set for .iso's to work; easy way to check this is pressing select while in the xmb or desktop of the psp and change it from the m33 menu.

if none or this works i backup my memory stick format my flash and settings through recovery menu and format my memory stick and then copy all the files back on.

...and as i stated above.
Quote:
you can get official firmwares here.
http://www.box.net/shared/z6gv6n68fg
the latest custom firmware here.
http://dl.qj.net/CFW-5.00-M33-6-PSP/pg/12/fid/25689/catid/114

basically all you need is 500.pbp and the custom firmware 5.00 m33-6's eboot.pbp and put them in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ of your memory stick usually i would say just use the m33 network update but i'm not sure if dark alex or alek has the website online anymore since the m33 team seems to be stepping aside and letting GEN make the new custom firmwares.

PSPVC 3.50: click here IRShell 4.91: click here POPSloaders Pack: click here & Compatibility List Hellcats Recovery Flasher: click here
ChickHen R2 & CFW 5.03GEN-A Pandora Battery: Hellcats Pandora Installer or you can buy it from (here, here or here) shaggyze.hoggshobbies.com
Magic Memory Stick: WinXP use Pandora Deluxe or PSP Grader v008 Vista use TOTALNewbi easyInstaller LEDA Homebrew Loader: click here
Top Guides: click here Official Firmware: click here Custom Firmware: click here Music: GAMEMusicGearMX with 1,000s of songs Emulators: click here

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. September 2009 @ 20:33

barkera0
_
2. October 2009 @ 04:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
These two steps here are confusing me:

3. Now, download the firmware from which you want the pops :)
*You can download the required firmwares from HERE*
4. After you download the firmware, put the "EBOOT.PBP" file to the ROOT of your memory stick :)

I'm already running CFW 5.00 m33-4 on my PSP. What exactly do I use that firmware file for and which one should I be downloading?

1 product review
_
2. October 2009 @ 05:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you have to download every firmware you want pops to emulate and some firmwares emulate some games better so most just like to get them all and then use psardumper but i've also already done this for you if you just want to grab the popsloader in my signature

twist_bee
_
3. October 2009 @ 18:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can you get rid of the dumper once you have pops set up?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. October 2009 @ 21:14

shunels
_
11. October 2009 @ 05:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, i did everything its said, but when im starting the DMW3 it just freezes at the place where i have to choose Popsloader... can any1 help me ?
venocious
_
16. October 2009 @ 21:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Trouble with FF9
hello, I'm quite embarrassed to ask a question that maybe sounds a bit silly after all these conversations...

I have a bit of trouble with the recovery stage that supposed to be loaded by pushing the R button during the start up. It simply doesn't show up at all. Not even menu to show whether or not I can use the poploader. My psp is PSP-1000 and using 5.00 m33-6, which supposed to be running smoothly for FF9. Sure, the FF9 shows up in the game ms, but the moment I hit the new game button, it went blank. I installed poploader 4.01, but have no idea which sony update i should use and hit the 401 update instead (since that's the text guide told me).

Anyone can help me with this? Thank you...
venocious
_
17. October 2009 @ 18:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's fixed!
Uh, forget about my last post... I manage to figured out that instead turning off the psp, just press the select button, then reset from there while pressing the R button to go to recovery mode. It was still crashing when I chose 4.01 popsloader for FFIX, but works nicely with 3.80. No sound for the opening FMV, but they said if you pick "New Game" option from disc 2, then choose to switch into disc 1 (since I'm using multiple CD Eboot by Akadewboy), the sound should be there. But it's okay, as long as the game plays :)
podexo
_
18. October 2009 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey Veno, Im getting the same problem u had earlier. I tried what u did but it still doesnt seem to work. I hit the select button and the menu pops up then i hold down R and select reset. My psp only resets after i let go of the R button and when i press it again before it boots it still doesnt go into recovery mode. Btw im using a PSP 3000 with 5.03 M33-6 for firmware version. Anyone got any ideas on how to do it?
blood666
_
18. October 2009 @ 02:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have 5.50-genB can i use popsloader
_
19. October 2009 @ 12:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi All,

I have Firware 5.50 GEN-B (FULL)
I'd like to play Final Fantasy 8 on my psp. Can I download any version on POP's Loader?
When looking at this website it says I need to Use 3.90 POPS.
Can I just d/l this and install it to my PSP?

Tanchi
_
23. October 2009 @ 07:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can you make a guide for PSAR dumper 5.50 because I don understand this:

N Installation:

Copy the folder 'new_psardumper' a PSP -> Game5xx
Download the update 5.50 n official and put it in the raÃz renamed to EBOOT.PBP
Launches and to decrypt psardumper, give the option n []

And what is the meaning of:
NOT ALL FIRMWARE decrypts only a portion.

Found it here:
http://dl.qj.net/PSARDumper-5.50-PSP-Hom...27506/catid/151
annameow
_
20. November 2009 @ 20:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I HAVE A PROBLEM!
i use psp w/ cfw 5.00 m33-6..
and i'm playing Final Fantasy VIII..
some parts of the game freeze using 5.00 m33-6
so i wanna switch to 3.80 on those parts.

i did all the steps, and the pops menu loads just fine.
the game loads when i choose 'original from flash',
but when i want to switch other pops i.e 3.80 pops,
the game doesn't load. =(
i just wanna know why it happens and if there's any way to solve this problem.
thanx. c",)

.:.chacha's.heavens.:.
>>using PSP cfw 5.00 m33-6<<
>>Final Fantasy gamer (FF8!!)<<
>>i still hv probs w/ popsloader :p<<

1 product review
_
20. November 2009 @ 22:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
there are alot of reasons why it doesnt run perfect like the method used to rip and convert to eboot or maybe the plugins you currently have enabled or just a bad firware version to use read: http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?tit...patibility_List
it is mentioned that (3.80: Unplayable. The battle swirl causes the game to glitch. Use the new popsloader to run the game under a version that works.) so try another version

1 product review
_
25. November 2009 @ 17:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
for those having trouble with installing popsloader to GEN's cfw i have updated my popsloader pack in my signature to include both M33 and GEN with instructions so this makes it so you can skip the psardumper process

pajoin
_
29. December 2009 @ 07:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
when i try to run the "NEW PSAR Dumper" and press the "Square" button, it always says "Cannot find EBOOT.PBP at root." uhhmm why is that? i placed the "EBOOT.PBP" file to the ROOT of my memory stick naman. :(

1 product review
_
29. December 2009 @ 15:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you are sure you are renaming the firmwares and putting them onto your memory stick?

anyway you should download the popsloader pack in my signature alot of people get confused during psardumper steps

_
14. January 2010 @ 10:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey people, having a bit of a problem with the poploader download. I downloaded the loader for 5.00m33, and the next step in the guide says:

"Put the "seplugins" folder that you got from the downloaded file to the ROOT of your PSP memory stick :)".

Now when I WinRAR'd the loader I downloaded, this is the folder I got:

24491_popsloader500

In that folder were these files:

popsloader(As a folder)
popsloader.prx(As a file)

In the Popsloader folder, are these files:

daxheaparea.prx
idcanager_old.prx

So, as you can see, there is no seplugins folder. So what do I do now? Did I download the wrong file, or what? Thanks in advance for any help.

Macthe

Meh.
_
19. January 2010 @ 23:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Create a folder in your root drive of: SEPLUGINS and place it in there.
Read back on some of this thread for more help.
_
20. January 2010 @ 02:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cripes, I had figured out what to do a couple of hours after I posted that. Forgot to edit that post. Thanks for the answer anyway!

Meh.
cycean
_
26. January 2010 @ 18:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello everyone,

this is a great guide and here is my contribution. I'm using a phat PSP on CFW 5.50 GEN-D3 and I've successfully set up popsloader with these files:

1.POPSLOADER for 5.50GEN

2.Popsloader 5.00 M33.rar

Source 1 only has the updated files for popsloader, so what you're doing is getting the files from source 2. and then updating popsloader with the files from source 1.

If you were previously unsuccessful in getting popsloader working, disable it in the recovery console, then remove all popsloader files, before adding these files. Then of course, re-enable popsloader in the recovery console.

I was able to get the PSX game "Colony Wars: Vengeance" working with this, under pops version 3.90.

----

"Popsloader 5.00 M33.rar" includes .prx files for the following FW versions:

" Voila ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."
Domar7431
_
4. February 2010 @ 23:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, so I just now figured out what Popsloader is, thing is, it isn't working, I'm running 5.00 M33-6 and I have a copy of Final Fantasy 8 which has worked superbly, all the lockups I hear about online don't occur, the only problems i've hard are very occasionally during drawing, it'll lockup, fighting the iguions in deling, when they used a certain flamethrower kinda attack it would almost always lock it up, but i was able to get passed that by resetting and going through, however, i've been stuck on disc 3 at the lunar cry fmv for over a month now, its a single boot iso, it'll squall will walk into the hallway, the two researchers will talk for a second, he'll turn over to look, the fmv plays just fine, but afterwards all the controls lock up, nothing happens except you see a guy in a space suit drift overhead, i saw countless threads saying just to mash buttons, tried it a hundred times, nothing happened, so i made a multi-disc boot that has all four discs, copied over the save, and started from there, it has the same problem, but slightly differently, when squall enters the hallway, the people talk, he turns, and unlike before actually walks over to the window, you see the spacesuit guy float overhead, but the fmv doesn't play, and mashing the buttons does nothing. I of course figured popsloader would help out after hearing about it, hearing that you should go back to 3.71 to get passed that, so, i followed all the instuctions listed, i got the 5.00 popsloaders, i got the psar dumper, put it in the correct folder, grabbed the 3.71 firmware, put it in the correct folder, used the dumper, got the F0 folder, grabbed the stuff from
F0\kd\popsman.prx
F0\kd\pops.prx
F0\vsh\module\pafmini.prx
F0\vsh\module\libpspvmc.prx
of course renamed to have the 371 on them, got everything in the right folders, so, when i booted up the multidisc, i selected 3.71, but instead of booting up the game, the screen went black, and just sat there until i forcefully turned the power off and back on, tried it again on the single disc boot, same result, i tried downloading the "lazy files" and placed them in the correct folder, replacing the ones i extracted, i tried booting up using 3.71, 3.72, and several others, every time it would just have a blank screen, using the original flash stuff boots the game up fine, but i still have the whole lunar cry problem, so, does anyone know the fix to this? and if not, is there a way i can send my save to someone so they can see the lunar cry, then run back to the med lab, save, and send the save file back to me?
Advertisement
_
__

_
cycean
_
6. February 2010 @ 19:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@Domar7431

I don't have that game but I'll get it tonight. Send me the save file if you'd like. (let me know what pops version is default on your psp)

I suggest disabling popsloader, then deleting all the pops loader files on your memory stick, adding a fresh pops loader with files, from the link I provide in my previous post (only the "Popsloader 5.00 M33.rar" of course), re-enable popsloader and try that. Try all pops versions for one that fixes your problem.

If that doesn't work, I'll get you that save file you need.

" Voila ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork