User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 17:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
GUIDE : How to use popsloader :)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
NikitaJ87
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
17. May 2008 @ 08:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Right, I've managed to get psardumper to come up on my menu but all its telling me is that 'game could not be started. (80020148)
What does this mean?!?!?!

I'm just a n00b
Advertisement
_
__
NikitaJ87
_
17. May 2008 @ 09:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
...And am i being really stupid...do I need a pandora battery to get this all working...cos if i do...i havent got one... which would explain why this isn't working...

I'm just a n00b
_
17. May 2008 @ 09:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by anubis66:
every time i psardumb any firmware, at least one file is always missing. for 372, lilpspmvc.prx was missing. for 371, it worked, but that pops didn't help. 3.03 is missing pafmini.prx. ugh this is driving me insane, i wanna play ff9. can i get any help?

Try some other psardumper :)
Download "RS PSARdumper" and try it out :)
Download it from HERE
But you'll have to look for the files in the "DUMP" folder :)

@S heikah
Check the psx to PSP compatibility list HERE
You'll know which pops to exactly use :)
Well, the freezing in 3.71 pops may be because you don't have the pops files for that firmware :P

@ NikitaJ87 :)
aahh :)
You need a custom firmware to use popsloader :)
You have the official firmware :)

My (+[__]%) life - HERE :)
*Why do I take it all ??? Why do I beg for more ??? I never thought that this is how I Hit The Floor* Bullet For my Valentine darn rulez !!!! \m/ ^_^ \m/
Guide on how to use popsloader : HERE / Working and non-working pandora batteries : HERE
NikitaJ87
_
17. May 2008 @ 09:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So how/ where do i get custom firmware and then how do i get it working on my psp. Sorry if this has already been mentioned on this thread but I don't really understand half of what is being said....but I'll get the hand of it...
x x x

I'm just a n00b
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. May 2008 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i got it to extract fine. i guess my m.s. was full. i get an 8000004 error message when funning ffix on any pops. havn't tried 3.11 yet, i'll see.

But they all do sort of the same thing, and that is rearrange what you thought was real, and they remind you of the beauty of very simple things. You forget, because youre so busy going from a to z, that theres 24 letters in between... You turn on... tune in... and you drop out...

PS3 Username: Anubis66
vaan999
_
18. May 2008 @ 17:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey everyone i just wanted to say thanks for all the comments i read the thread and now my FF7 works perfectly on my 3.90 m33-3 because of the popsloader and stuff. so thanks and if you just follow the steps as i did everythin should work fine so thanks!!
death89
_
21. May 2008 @ 08:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
err.. i'll like to ask if anyone know whether the popsloader will work on my custom firmware 3.93 m33? and if it cant work on that.. whate version firmware should i get and where do i get it from? thanks alot.
Sheikah
Account closed as per user's own request
_
21. May 2008 @ 09:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Acidy, thanks for the reply!
As I said before, 3.71 seems to be universally acknowledged as the best pops to use to run FFVII, which is why I've been trying that. I've tried other pops as well just to be sure, but none of them worked, as they don't run FFVII very well.

I'm quite positive that I've put all the files in, since I've used the links you provided. First I did it the lazy way and just downloaded the .rar file with all the pops files in it and I placed them all in the correct folder on my PSP. When that didn't work, I took them all off and then downloaded the indvidual 3.71 firmware file and did the whole process with the dumper, opening up the FO folder, finding the required files and placing them in the popsloader folder of the seplugins and adding the "371" bit to each file. That didn't work for me either. I know the files are all there, but it's still not working....so I'm at a total loss now :(

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. May 2008 @ 09:26

Sheikah
Account closed as per user's own request
_
21. May 2008 @ 09:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
edit: sorry wrong thread

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. May 2008 @ 09:24

sandman42
_
21. May 2008 @ 21:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am using Fat PSP with 3.90 M33-3 CFW and I used this RSPsar Dumper v3.1 to make it work...

Now I noticed this step...

8. You'll need the following files from the "F0" folder :
For 3.00 - 3.03:
F0\kd\popsman.prx
F0\kd\meaudio.prx
F0\kd\pops.prx
F0\vsh\module\pafmini.prx
For 3.10 - 3.30:
F0\kd\popsman.prx
F0\kd\pops.prx
For 3.40 - 3.72:
F0\kd\popsman.prx
F0\kd\pops.prx
F0\vsh\module\libpspvmc.prx
9. Then put these files to the "X:\seplugins\popsloader" (Where "X" is your PSP drive letter) folder of your PSP memory stick :)
10. Rename these files with the prefix of your firmware version :)
eg: If you have the pops files for 3.52 firmware, then rename the files to :-
popsman352.prx
pops352.prx
pafmini352.prx
libpspvmc352.prx
Once you're done, you are free to delete the "F0" folder & the "EBOOT.PBP" of the firmware that you placed in the ROOT of your PSP memory stick :)
Repeat the steps 3 to 10 for each firmware that you want the pops from :) 

Well I am using 3.90 M33-3 so what PRX Files do I need to put into the popsloader?? Also once I run the RSPsar Dumper v3.1 can I delete the R5 Folder and the 3.90 M33 EBOOT.PBP from the root?

Please Respond ASAP

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. May 2008 @ 22:11

Some_Guy
_
22. May 2008 @ 11:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, I have the most recent Popsloader installed on my fat 3.90 m33-3 PSP, trying to play FF7. I had it set on 3.71 pops, which worked fine and then I loaded the game up a couple days ago and it switched back to 3.90 pops (messes up in the battle screen). I tried to load the popsloader screen by pressing R when booting the game, but it wont show me the list, and yes, I do have the plugin turned on. I deleted the config.bin, I've reinstalled the pops files, no luck. I installed a custom theme with cxmb the day before this happened, but I've turned off that plugin and still no luck. Any suggestions?
Some_Guy
_
22. May 2008 @ 11:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
EDIT: Sorry, double post.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. May 2008 @ 11:55

Psyche101
_
25. May 2008 @ 22:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
everytime I try to start the psardumper it just says 2.71 or higher required. I have tried to use different firmwares with the dumper but it just keeps saying the same thing.
_
26. May 2008 @ 03:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ NikitaJ87 :)
Well, you'll find the process on how to install a custom firmware on your PSP from HERE if you do not have another custom firmware PSP and HERE if you have another PSP with a custom firmware :)

@ Sheikah :)
Which firmware are you using ?? :)

@ sandman42 :)
Well, which firmware did you extract using RSpsardumper ??? :)

@ Some_Guy :)
Delete the cxmb plugin and try :)

@ Psyche101 :)
Well, you may be putting the plugin in the "GAME150" folder or if you're putting it in the "GAME" folder, then switch the "Game hombrew kernel" to the firmware you're using :) [i.e the kernel other than 1.50]

Note : Sorry guys for the late replies cuz not at my hometown and internet access here is scarce :P

My (+[__]%) life - HERE :)
*Why do I take it all ??? Why do I beg for more ??? I never thought that this is how I Hit The Floor* Bullet For my Valentine darn rulez !!!! \m/ ^_^ \m/
Guide on how to use popsloader : HERE / Working and non-working pandora batteries : HERE
wwecena24
_
28. May 2008 @ 18:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey i did the 3.52 psar dumper and i only got the second two files in vsh/module
i dont have the pops.prx and popsman.prx

i have psp slim 3.90 m33-3 if it matters
kaktuz
_
2. June 2008 @ 04:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
thiphan87
_
5. June 2008 @ 23:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi I have a psp slim with mod 3.71 m33-2 and I've used your "lazy way" installation of all firmwares however the problem I have is that when i try to load the psx game and use the "R" trigger button it does not give me an option menu and I did attempt it on the warning screen...Can anyone help me as how to make the menu for popsloader show up? and yes I did enable popsloader in the recovery mode for psp
Levantine
_
8. June 2008 @ 17:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When i try to run FF7, theres an error that says:

THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED
(800200E5)

This is when the pops plugin is turned on

MY poploader is for 3.80-M33, so is my psp version. I used the pops in the rar file from rapidshare as well.

I did everything correctly i think, but if i did this wouldnt happen. And so..HELP!
ToruShin
_
9. June 2008 @ 15:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi im a noob, and sorry for repeating what alot of other people have

i have 3.80 on a psp slim

following the guide i downloaded the popsloader for 3.80 and put the sepluggin folder in the root of my memorystick

i've downloaded the pops for firmware 3.71, and used the psardumper

tried both the "lazy way" and the FO file way, activated the pluggin using the recovery mode, but the menu for the popsloader doesn't appear, even if i hold the R trigger on the warning screen. I've tried it on FF7, FF8 and FF Tactics the games run, except ff7 crashes my psp when i enter a battle (something to do with the swirlly screen)

could anyone help me please

thank you
67vett
_
12. June 2008 @ 02:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey acidy whats up! This is my first post if that means anything. Anyways I wanna say that your guide was really helpful and its really cool that your helpin everyone out.

I have a question though. I download ff7 rip from team$$ and played ff7 for 3 hours BEFORE I had popsloader. The game worked fine up until the sector 7 plate collapse. During the cinematic showing the plate fall, it cuts to the president and when his classical music starts playing the game always freezes! I have a 3.90m33-3 on a fat psp and I just installed the popsloader. I activated pops in the recovery. I loaded my save trying 3.71, 3.72, and 3.51 pops since people claim these to be the 'best.' However the game still freezes at the same point every time. Is there something wrong with my eboot or do i just need to do something like start a new file using 3.71?
hermione9
_
15. June 2008 @ 14:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm running 3.90MM 2 I tried downloading all the software mentioned for this popsloader.first of all I downloaded the 3.80 mentioned in this guide,I don't know if it should work for 3.9.I followed the steps but there is no .prx files mentioned in the FO folder can someone help me out please
notlisten
_
21. June 2008 @ 07:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thx....but i don't get one part....
for those higher than 3.72....
what should i do?
Dark_Dave
_
21. June 2008 @ 14:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nice tutorial, easy to understand

This site DOES Work, But It Takes A While To Get Enough Points.
http://www.dailysurveypanel.com/?r=Dave631
Krimzen
_
28. June 2008 @ 02:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
erm... im having troubles to find the ROOT file, although i do have a MP_ROOT file, is that the same?
Advertisement
_
__

_
wwecena24
_
28. June 2008 @ 11:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no Root is when you first open up your PSP's drive. It should have folders like PSP and Music. So When you first open your drive look there

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - homebrew software > guide : how to use popsloader :)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork