User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 07:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > xbox error codes explained- go here first!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
XBOX Error Codes Explained- Go Here First!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
cearel
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. November 2006 @ 09:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
look in his e:/ folder the eeprom mostly is stored in there

Advertisement
_
__
austin212
_
24. November 2006 @ 16:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey, my xbox is softmodded and i hadnt used it for a while and then tonight i tried to get on my xbox to play some games but error 21 comes up...i know what error 21 means i just need to kno how to fix it...so can someone help me out please..

austin gram
_
24. November 2006 @ 17:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sounds like a re-install issue to me. either that or get a mod chip.

but if you want to go the reinstall route, try booting the game you softmoddded with, (hope the gamesave is still there) then reinstall.

austin212
_
25. November 2006 @ 03:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my xbox won't load any disc...but i havent tried the one i softmodded with...but why would that make any difference. my cousin is coming over today to help me with this...if he fixes it then i will post it...but i will try it but i doubt it wont work if i put in the disc i softmodded with

austin gram
xyron
Suspended permanently
_
6. December 2006 @ 00:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey guys i have been getting ERROR 12 and i have tried to reconnect all the cabels inside the xbox and still no success, so can some one please direct me to the right place, i got this because someguy wanted to me to fix his xbox and to begin with the problem was the orange light flashing, so i looked every where on the motherboard to find soldier splashes but none were found so i took out the chip(non solder) and turned off the switch(soldered) and reconnected all the cables and turned on the xbox and error 12 showed up.
janrocks
Suspended permanently
_
6. December 2006 @ 01:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Error 12.. suspects in order of liklihood....DVD drive failed, or ide cable fault... Bad/broken connection in the heap of yellow wires to dvd drive... Possible drive controller chip failure..

If it's a philips drive then that's your culprit!!

Error 21.. Clock not set and looping.. Reinstall ALL dash files. It's caused by an interrupted or failed dash update. Just occasionally it's from leaving the power off for too long with a slightly dodgy softmod.. Once or twice it has been the first symptom of an impending HDD failure.

Bored now..answered all these far too many times before..

Hi King.. How's it going??

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. December 2006 @ 01:42

TheBob00
_
8. December 2006 @ 19:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK people, before i start i would like to say thank you for your help.

On to the problem. I bought an original xbox off my friend. It has an Unleash X mod. I was working fine for 2 months and now it doesnt. Im kinda a newb at this so i will explain it best i can. I put a disk in and it shows the green X and then says Microsoft under it. Then the screen turns black. thats it. ive tried all the games i own and it does that for everything.

IVE TRIED......(dont say this as a solution cause it doesnt work)
1. Ive unplugged everything.
2. Ive reset the power cord.

HELP!!!!!!!please

YAY ME!
TheBob00
_
8. December 2006 @ 19:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
adding to that i deleted something with a K as the first letter i cant remember what it was called but it worked once after that and now its broke

YAY ME!
cearel
_
9. December 2006 @ 18:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Was it KRAZIES????

TheBob00
_
10. December 2006 @ 09:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ummmm idk im doin the whole thing for my bro and he won answer his fone it prolly is though so what did he delete?

YAY ME!
TheBob00
_
10. December 2006 @ 17:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by TheBob00:
ummmm idk im doin the whole thing for my bro and he won answer his fone it prolly is though so what did he delete?
just got off the phone with him he said it wasnt krazies....is there any way I can erase his whole memory to make it like it just came out of the box?

YAY ME!
ch7896
_
11. December 2006 @ 06:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A friend of mine was handed a non-working xbox that was purchased at a pawn shop. I didn't verify this myself but based on the motherboard he told me it's 1.0. The problem we're having is that it won't boot to the ms-dash and won't boot any discs, original or otherwise. It frags but we never see the "Microsoft" under the big X and when it goes to the service required screen there is no error code. The fact that there's no error code has me puzzled. I even tried putting in my hard drive both locked and unlocked to try and get an error code but the only difference that made was that it started fragging sooner in the boot, still no code.
Any suggestions as to what would cause a "no code" error would be appreciated. Thanks
cearel
_
11. December 2006 @ 12:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@thebob00 what happens when there is no game in the drive???

TheBob00
_
11. December 2006 @ 16:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it does the same exact thing as it would with a game

YAY ME!
cearel
_
13. December 2006 @ 10:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ic well do u have the game it was softmoded with if u do i would try booting it i ran into this prob before and this fixed it for me so i would try that

TheBob00
_
13. December 2006 @ 14:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no but im gonna get it should i just re softmod it?

YAY ME!
gpdxtrm
_
14. December 2006 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I get error 16. If i put in a HD from a working xbox will it work? Whats the easiest way to fix this. Slayers doesnt work. thanks
jim0003
_
15. December 2006 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, im am in a tight spot and was hoping i could find some help here. I have a softmodded xbox with a duel hdd w/ switch with my original hdd and a 200gb hdd. I have modded my friend's xbox using the same technics and such, and i put some stuff on his hdd. Later when he tried to start it he got a Error 16. I have tried switching hdds with our boxes-nothing, i have tried inserting the install disk. I have tried just about everything i can think of and it never works. I would really like som help. And if i bombed the hdd is it possible to just get another one and put it in there, even though i dont have his eeprom, i have mine.

If i unlock my hdd with XBHDM and connect it to my friends, would that bomb my hdd or might that reset his clock?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. December 2006 @ 21:36

RadBrad
_
17. December 2006 @ 18:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dude how do I fix a error code 13 and 14. When i put the slayer 2.6 disk in it doesn't do anything then when i reboot the xbox it changes to a 14. NEED DESPERATE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_
18. December 2006 @ 05:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, hopefully someone here can help me ...

I recently had someone softmod my xbox .. It was given back to me working fine with a unleashX dash installed and not much else.

I installed xbmc on it and all was working great .. but I somehow managed to accidently delete the xboxdash.xbe(?) file !!

Now I'm getting error 13 on boot up .. I assume this means that it can't find the default dash ?

It will still boot up with an original game installed but thats about it .. can someone please help me get this working again ?

Thanks in advance.
dlancelot
_
20. December 2006 @ 11:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have ERROR CODE 07, I have checked the IDE and power cables, everything is seated properly, just to make sure, they've been reseated.
I believe this to be a virgin xbox (i.e. no mods, never been taken apart until now).
Hard drive and dvd drive power up okay. I have tried different jumper settings on the hard drive...no good.
Is there a way to restore the original condition of the xbox? i.e. reformat the xbox with the original xbox O/S?
_
25. December 2006 @ 00:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok recently well actually about 2months ago i modded my XBox and then i was wondering through Splinter Cell and i thought Auto Slayer was a game so i went to it and i went to yes yes yes then i thought it was downloading content download on it then i turn on my xbox there i have Error 21...So i put Splinter Cell into my XBox and FTP the modded files...Then i cant boot my MS Dashboard. I get Error 13 WHICH i know is easy to fix i just dont understand how is there like a CD to make it go back to factory standard? Because i would love to get back to playing Xbox Live k thx p'ce out
BTReaper
_
25. December 2006 @ 11:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have two xboxs one is hard modded one was softmodded however I don't know anymore the softmodded one gives me the error screen that has no number sorry if you've posted info on this but I couldn't find it

~I'm the Reaper of gamers With My Sniper As My Scythe!!!~
jayprowle
_
25. December 2006 @ 19:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my xbox has code error 7 and I dont know anyone who can fix it for me. I did not do the modification myself and cannot reach the person who did it for me

What do I do?
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
28. December 2006 @ 21:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok i ment i get Error 21 when i try booting MS Dashboard can someone tell me how to fix it...I have tryed booting up SPLINTER CELL but didn't work..

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > xbox error codes explained- go here first!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork