User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 11:23
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > official kingdom of hearts thread
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Official Kingdom of Hearts Thread
  Jump to:

Posted Message
xander90
_
13. October 2006 @ 14:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this is well annoying.....do you have to keep loading up your save game whenever you beat xemnas? grr! i thought u could just play on.....god dammit!
Advertisement
_
__
_
15. October 2006 @ 10:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it's the same way in both games.
abyss91
_
10. December 2006 @ 05:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got about 20 summon points with one summoning time in Pete in Timeless River.

By da way... Why is everybody saying that when you get Rumbling Rose, you should equip it??? I don't get it. I like it. It's one of my favourite keyblades. But I finished the game all the way to Xemnas with Circle of Life today (Now lvl. 37, proud mode). I almost hate Circle of Life, but it has MP Haste. And I think it's necessary to have MP Haste when fighting the bosses. Almost. So could somebody tell me why should I equip Rumbling Rose?
graffik
_
10. December 2006 @ 05:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just thought I'd point out another addicting (older game) you guys might like to play Star Ocean 3 lots of nice cut-scenes also. With alot of things like mini quests here (well battle trophies) Unlike kh if you actually win the main game you can continue on, but it has additional stuff AFTER main game is beat. I would have like to see kh Do that. Such as have some mini dungeons to beat after mauin quest.

I playesd kH 2 in each mode did not really find much difference in them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVbm9PHz33c#GU5U2spHI_4

some of the KH Sora/Aerial clips there if you want to see them

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. December 2006 @ 05:33

abyss91
_
10. December 2006 @ 05:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, you're good at that. There's a huge difference on the different modes in Kingdom Hearts II. Though it's only my opinion. And I haven't played the game in beginner mode. You lose almost twice as much health in Proud than in Standard mode.

What are the favorite bosses of Kingdom Hearts I or II, of y'all?
Me? Definitely both Sephiroths and... Xigbar!!! He is da man!

And:
I need advice. You know the move Xigbar is using just before the sick combo move when he says 'Let's see how you dance!'. I've finished Xigbar for 4 times. And only once I've managed to avoid the move before the sick combo. It was pure luck. So what am I supposed to do to dodge the some-move-I-don't-know???

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. December 2006 @ 07:24

khFANatic
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
10. December 2006 @ 09:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Proud mode definately has some BIG differences compared to standard or beginner modes...You take SO much more damage and deal less damage.

Favorite boss? Hmmm....Gonna have to say Xaldin. He's a badass and he's pretty hard for how early in the game he is. I enjoyed the challenge of Sephiroth in both games also.
AkiraFF
_
10. December 2006 @ 10:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Fav boss... boah... the last one I guess - the moves shown there are really cool I think.

@abyss: I really don't know which move you mean right now... what does he do there?
abyss91
_
11. December 2006 @ 03:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well... Xigbar brings you into a small square. First he spins around and shoots. That's easy. But then comes the move I mean. -> He teleports himself out of the square and then few times around it shooting from the corners. <- That's it. I know he shoots from the corners but what I don't know, is how to dodge the attacks.
AkiraFF
_
11. December 2006 @ 03:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ah, I know which attack you mean...

I think it's not really "dodgeable"... I use to just run aroung in circles and so most of his shots miss, but there's always 2 or 3 that hit nevertheless... just equip the ability that spares you 1 HP even after a critical hit and keep healing whenever he hits you

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. December 2006 @ 03:25

abyss91
_
11. December 2006 @ 03:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK. I still think it might be "dodgeable". Because some person nick-Palaxius in youtube - search "Xigbar" there - just dodged it every time. Don't know how... Thank you anyway!
kingsora
_
11. December 2006 @ 08:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't remember, so don't quote me, but could you not simply block the attacks? I'd equip the ability "Guard" to see what that did for me. Good luck.

Et comme celle, l'orange devient la couleur du monde.
abyss91
_
12. December 2006 @ 03:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not quotin' anyone. But those who remember might say it won't work because Xigbar changes his position too often. So shots come from different directions all the time.
kingsora
_
12. December 2006 @ 03:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea... I don't know what to tell you, except that the final boss has a similar move where he shoots all these lasers at you. Only difference is he shoots about 30 of them where they all halt in a circle and sort of freeze for split second surrounding you. Then, of course, they all release at the same time and ultimately pulverize you, unless, for whatever reason, you guard. I don't know why it works, but shots even to the back are deflected... But, most importantly, use whatever tactics work for YOU and not anybody else. I'm a strong believer in that there's multiple ways to solve any problem, and that the rules can always be bent. Good luck beating it.

Et comme celle, l'orange devient la couleur du monde.
AkiraFF
_
12. December 2006 @ 03:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
kingsora, you can simple jump into the air to avoid the lasers at the end battle... ;)
abyss91
_
12. December 2006 @ 04:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by AkiraFF:
kingsora, you can simple jump into the air to avoid the lasers at the end battle... ;)
That's true. Works nearly always. :) And to Kingsora... - Guarding works too. :) But I think the more important difference between Xigbar's and Xemnas's move is that in Xemnas's move, all of the lasers come at the same time. Not in Xigbar. That's why Guarding might not work. Though I haven't tried Reflect... Why I asked? Because it's important enough not to take damage from this attack when your level is like 36 or 37 in Xigbar.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. December 2006 @ 04:25

AkiraFF
_
12. December 2006 @ 04:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
36/37? Man... don't you like the game or why don't you just gain some level? ;D
abyss91
_
12. December 2006 @ 04:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
:D KH is the best game I've ever played. So good that I've played it four times in one and a half months. ;) When it got too easy in the 3rd time, I decided to start the game on Proud. Not killing the enemies on the way at all. Gets very fun when going to a before-killer-too boss. :) Oogie Boogie was crazy...
AkiraFF
_
12. December 2006 @ 04:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol, that's some true KH-fanatic, hehe :)

I usually don't start games like Kingdom Hearts in "easy" or "normal" mode at all... since I'm a pro-gamer (testing games for a living) I'm pretty fast bored with games that are too easy and RPGs usually aren't the hard kind of game anyway... so it was proud mode all the times for me but without leveling.. nah.. I like being Super-Sora-who-can-kill-anything-by-just-looking-at-it *g* ;D
abyss91
_
12. December 2006 @ 04:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I like your attitude. I don't start games with easy neither. I finished once with standard. Too easy. Don't try. Then two times with Proud. Too easy. And then without leveling. OH! That's the way I liked it. Though it's fun to be a killer too... Still.. Xigbar troubles my mind.
AkiraFF
_
12. December 2006 @ 04:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
maybe you should really just be running aroung all the time and cast aero additionally as well as equip those save 1 HP skills...
abyss91
_
12. December 2006 @ 05:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea. Tha skills are equipped. But it's not fun to always use cure after the attack. Well, I know running does the thing. Mr. Youtube told me that. But I don't know where does he attack so it's impossible to know which direction to run at to dodge the lasers. Oh... I guess I really need an expert here... And aero is in KH1... ;D
AkiraFF
_
12. December 2006 @ 06:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok... talking nonsense here, sorry... I'm playing KHI FM at the moment... :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. December 2006 @ 07:14

abyss91
_
12. December 2006 @ 07:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh... Sorry. I'm neither American nor British. Still playing the British version. Now I don't know anymore which spell you mean... The one that makes a shield around you?
AkiraFF
_
12. December 2006 @ 07:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
see above... I'm mixing everything up here... sorry for that. Happens, when you answere forum posts while you should actually be working :)

Always pay attention while posting! *g*

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. December 2006 @ 07:18

Advertisement
_
__

_
AkiraFF
_
12. December 2006 @ 07:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by abyss91:
Oh... Sorry. I'm neither American nor British. Still playing the British version. Now I don't know anymore which spell you mean... The one that makes a shield around you?
Where are you from actually?

And yeah, that's the one I actually meant...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. December 2006 @ 07:19

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > official kingdom of hearts thread

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork