User User name Password  

Friday 18.10.2024 / 13:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > official kingdom of hearts thread
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Official Kingdom of Hearts Thread
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AkiraFF
_
31. December 2006 @ 03:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm at about 32 hours now and if that's your opinion (also about "story twists" in FFs... Garland FF IX, Edea FF VIII blabla), then I seriously doubt you understand what the stories are actually building up to be the real fun and just see the bland obvious (like many others as well) - your bad luck I'd say.

Besides - EVERYTHING concerning a game someone hasn't played (to that point) IS a spoiler - even if it's the name of the guy who'll say "Hi" in the last minutes of the game. You can go to your FF XII forums and post them around randomly if you like - if someone hasn't finished the game and reads a forum for it, it's his own fault if he reads something he didn't want to know, but in a Kingdom Hearts forum you'll better watch what you tell cause there are people like me that didn't even want to see pics from the intro or hear parts of the soundtrack before playing cause they wanna experience the game WHILE playing - be it minor or major details. Thx.
Advertisement
_
__
kingsora
_
31. December 2006 @ 08:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No one had the chance to get more than 1/3 of the way through the game except for you! If she didn't know who the main boss was, how could she have begun to anticipate some psycho, fantastic twist of events? I'm not sure I follow your logic.

Anyways... Um, Idk if I came back here and posted after I finished. KHII, Expert Mode, Sora's stats completely maxed out, Jiminy Journal 100%, Gummi Missions all S Rank or above. The only thing left is to get all the Gummi pieces after killing important Heartless Gummi ships throughout the missions. I think I'm at like 80% or so. (It tells you after you beat the game) I could host the save file if anyone wanted to check it out or just have some fun in the Paradox Cup. (It's actually quite easy with Sora's stats that high and with the combination of abilities I've equipped and not equipped)

Et comme celle, l'orange devient la couleur du monde.
econmajor
_
31. December 2006 @ 09:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i really like final fantasy games, but kingdom hearts looks more like Zelda. and also like it was made for young kids.

should i give it a try?
kingsora
_
31. December 2006 @ 10:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by econmajor:
i really like final fantasy games, but kingdom hearts looks more like Zelda. and also like it was made for young kids.

should i give it a try?
Yes. It's my favorite game series of all time. Zelda Ocarina was a lot of fun and that would probably have taken the cake for my favorite RPG ever if KH was never released. It's personal preference, so obviously ymmv, but I believe that if you can get past the fact that Donald Duck and Goofy are your party members you'll have lots of fun with it. Good luck.

AkiraFF
_
31. December 2006 @ 11:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

should i give it a try?
I can just agree with kingsora... KH is one of the best games there've ever been and with the exclusion of FF (which I like just as much as KH - at least some parts of it) it's my absolute favorite game series :D

Hence my answere: YES, DEFINATELY ;D
AkiraFF
_
31. December 2006 @ 11:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
By the way:

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007! :D
kingsora
_
31. December 2006 @ 11:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by AkiraFF:
By the way:

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007! :D
You too! Stay safe everyone!

econmajor
_
31. December 2006 @ 12:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i started playing it, 50 minutes in. all i gotta say is that they really butchered wakka's voice =(

looks fun though.
kingsora
_
31. December 2006 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i started playing it, 50 minutes in. all i gotta say is that they really butchered wakka's voice =(

looks fun though.
They're all little kids, so to implement the same voices for the characters wouldn't exactly have been a logical solution. They did the best they could.

Dang, you've already started playing? Did you have the game already or something? Nicely done.

I especially don't like Aerith's and Cid's voices in KHII. Those are just bogus, imo. But, then again, I never played the games they are derived from.

econmajor
_
31. December 2006 @ 13:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yea i've had the game for a while but never had time to play it. now that it's winter break i'm catching up on some games i've been meaning to play.

btw, how is kingdom hearts 2 compared to the first one? does the story continue or is it like final fantasy where theres a new plot?
kingsora
_
31. December 2006 @ 13:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yea i've had the game for a while but never had time to play it. now that it's winter break i'm catching up on some games i've been meaning to play.

btw, how is kingdom hearts 2 compared to the first one? does the story continue or is it like final fantasy where there's a new plot?
KH flows straight into KH:Chain of Memories which was a release for Gameboy Advance. KHII picks up where CoM leaves off. Putting it simply, each installment within the series is a continuation of the plot.

As for how it compares: I think the game play is a lot more complex, certainly more interactive, and subsequently, more fun. The storyline is a bit disappointing in that it seems as though it's trying to confuse you with about 10 bagillion names that you can't pronounce or spell, but overall it is a great sequel to the well deserving KH line up of games.

AkiraFF
_
31. December 2006 @ 13:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
IMO KH II is even a lot better than KH I was, but that might be because Riku is my fav char and I was just SOOO curious how he developed... well *g*

By the way: I'm already in 2007! *g* it's 0:37 here and now I'm gonna go partyyy!! :D

See you all later!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. December 2006 @ 13:38

abyss91
_
2. January 2007 @ 08:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh man.... Could someone help me please? I have lvl. 99 and I still don't have Final Form. Believe me. All the forms are well used. LOL. Except it's not funny. :( Can't complete the entire game when I don't have the last form. :(

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. January 2007 @ 08:57

kingsora
_
2. January 2007 @ 09:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
After you fight Roxas at The World That Never Was, go to Olympus Coliseum and fight in the Paradox Cup. That should do it.

AkiraFF
_
2. January 2007 @ 15:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Final Form comes as a kind of "random" form when using the other forms - after having it aquired first, it's available from the menu. Just keep using the other forms and you'll get it!
abyss91
_
2. January 2007 @ 23:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
After you fight Roxas at The World That Never Was, go to Olympus Coliseum and fight in the Paradox Cup. That should do it.
That's how my big brother got Final Form. ;) I'll keep trying!
_
7. January 2007 @ 07:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
kingdom hearts final mix 2 you will be able to fight the o13 members in the stadium which will give us a better chance to hack in and mod it to be able to play as the o13 members
AkiraFF
_
7. January 2007 @ 07:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you noticed it's a ps2 game, right? Have fun trying...
graffik
_
7. January 2007 @ 10:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Final Form is not really all that random for it only comes out at a certain time of the game not at any specificic time, and Comes when you CHANGE FORMS It can only be achieved usually once you have had the final addon to your party of the final castle.

If you have not acchieved it yet after this point save your game, goto the UNDERWORLD enter the first sections for easy fights swap to any form it don't appear go back to normal repeat process till you loose all bars, goto arena in center of world exit it, and repeat above step (fills bar) eventually you will change and at that point you'll have option to select it

That should be it for ya read previous chapters of THIS FoRUM how to level up individual forms
kingsora
_
7. January 2007 @ 11:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by AkiraFF:
you noticed it's a ps2 game, right? Have fun trying...
I thought with Action Replay or something like that you could play as Roxas, Goofy, Donald, King Mickey, etc. If that's possible, which I'm fairly certain that it is, it might be possible to hack it up and play as the Organization members. Idk of anybody with one of these mod chips or whatever, but it sounds interesting.

graffik
_
7. January 2007 @ 11:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Kingsora Actually for Codebreaker, and possibly Gameshark goto the gameshark forum on Afterdawn dealing in kingdom hearts 2 for those details. Only specific characters can play in party that you have as members, mickey, and the others Though When i have used such as mickey as leader it crashes if you goto any cutscene so Make sure you are not going through the main missions trying it.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. January 2007 @ 11:13

kingsora
_
7. January 2007 @ 11:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by graffik:
Kingsora Actually for Codebreaker, and possibly Gameshark goto the gameshark forum on Afterdawn dealing in kingdom hearts 2 for those details. Only specific characters can play in party that you have as members, mickey, and the others Though When i have used such as mickey as leader it crashes if you goto any cutscene so Make sure you are not going through the main missions trying it.
CODEBREAKER. Lol, my bad, I forgot what it was called. Well, I'm not saying I'd ever really go out and buy one of these things, only that it is possible to play as other characters. It seemed Akira was a bit skeptical or something. Thanks for the clarification, though.

AkiraFF
_
7. January 2007 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was sceptical cause he said "hacking" that up... it's possible to program mods but not really to "hack" a game - that's breaking into the code and altering things, not "enhancing" them with another routine... that could be done on a PC where you take models and swap them etc. but not on a PS2 where you can only use existing stuff in different times (see only playable characters) - Roms aren't alterable after all. Org XIII will be fightable, not playable for all I know so I don't think that'll work...
abyss91
_
8. January 2007 @ 03:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Valedion:
kingdom hearts final mix 2 you will be able to fight the o13 members in the stadium which will give us a better chance to hack in and mod it to be able to play as the o13 members
WHAT??? In the stadium!? Why can't they publish Final Mixes in anywhere else than Japan!? Now I'm SOOOO mad!!
Advertisement
_
__

_
AkiraFF
_
8. January 2007 @ 03:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
WHAT??? In the stadium!? Why can't they publish Final Mixes in anywhere else than Japan!? Now I'm SOOOO mad!!
Calm down, abyss - it's not yet decided wheter it'll be released in the US or not so we still have chances to get it - which I honestly consider VERY probable ;)

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > official kingdom of hearts thread

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork