User User name Password  

Tuesday 25.6.2024 / 23:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dr_ml422
_
31. January 2009 @ 10:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BIGTOXY69:
I hear you! Ignorance can be treated but Stupidity is incurable !!! - Ignorance = { I don't Know} Stupid = { I don't Care }
I'm keeping this quote for future use. Never heard of it.

Otn, remember the average Joe out here has a IQ of about 100. 70 is mentally retarded. So on any given day you're dealing w/someone who's just 30 points from retarded. Keep this in mind when you walk into the next place of business, no matter what it is and the associate, manager or customer service rep looks at you like you just asked them for the recent formula to nuclear biochemistry. When all you asked is where's the tooth paste or w/e. I try to keep this in mind. It helps somewhat. Sometimes my humanity comes into play and I'll rip them a new one as diplomatically as possible.

"Like McDonald's is always hiring kid." Lmao...

A good one I heard a while back was "My patience goes as far as someone else's incompetence." Stock Broker friend told me this one.

SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F, SAMSUNG SH-S202J, PIONEER DVR 112D

Common Sense Aint Too Common Anymore.
Advertisement
_
__
_
1. February 2009 @ 09:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422- I get a lot of that - I buy lot's of movies { DVD'S } @ Big lot's I like The Store , You can Get Good deals On So many Different Things From Gourmet Nibbles To THe OcaSional Sony-Taiyo's But Like I said I Mainly Buy Lots of DVD's There ! $3.00 ea. + tax & lately the've been running a Special Buy 4 DVD's @ $3.00 ea. and they are Marked down to $2.50 Ea. They also are running a Special print from online coupon for 20% off I've used 3 already But I digress ! What Irks me about Big lots or atleast that store is they'll put Items out with a sign sale price with no Price tags on the item and no amount oon the sign and no adds in the store ! So let's see Sign Says Price same as add , No adds in store , and no price on The item ! and if that wer'nt bad enough they don't know what the price is in the store @ customer service& I'm supposed to know by osmosis? ! But Other than getting Free movies you can't beat their sales except at wallyworld on black friday !!! - I'm not asking store clerks to be Mensa Material but for the love of Pete ! atleast know what your selling !!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. February 2009 @ 09:44

AfterDawn Addict
_
1. February 2009 @ 11:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Staples

Sony DVDs

$22.99

Sears will price match

My local Sears still has 8x MIJ

It's worth a look . . .

adios mi amigos

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you dont know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate . . .
dr_ml422
_
1. February 2009 @ 14:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That's always a great buy at Staples. If Sears was close by w/out me going by train I'd go for the price match, but the fare + tax would be more than just walking over to Staples. However, I'd need to see about those 8x Sony's MIJ as they've been almost impossible to come by. So maybe the trip might be worth it for that specifically.

So Sears will match the 16x Sony DVD's at Staples w/16x or w/their 8x MIJ's? Because I'm almost positive the ones at Staples are 16x. Thnx.

Yeah BIG I'm not looking for Mensa Material either, but at least for the love of Pete I really do appreciate when they know their stuff. Makes a big difference and actually encourages you more to go back even if you don't get something that very day.

Enjoy the SB fellas. Hope the Refs let the teams decide who wins, if you know what I mean.

_
1. February 2009 @ 15:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got a 50 pack of Sony DVD+R 16X at Wal-Mart for $20.47 if anyone cares.

Also, they had an External LiteOn 20X EZDUB DVD Burner $72.97.
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. February 2009 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by CB_DFW:

NOT the best deals on media or an external writer. If you're not able to use the internet for shopping you should really check this thread and the retailers you have in your area. btw.... WallyWorld normally will price match if you bring in the add. It has to be recent of course.

....gm

[img]quoted from creaky, "I think i need a break away from this thread, you are just talking absolute and utter nonsense now. Im off to ban myself and hit myself repeatedly with blunt objects. And if im still conscious after that im going to install Windows Me."[/img]
PC build thread blank media thread Ultimate DVD Backup resource thread what did binkie7 do to me???
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. February 2009 @ 19:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Office Max and Office Depot have TDK/Magnavox on sale. $23-$25 per 100 pk,so not much of a sales week.

Of all that awesome media on sale this week, Staple's sony is my only choice.

I'm on my last 100 pk spindle of OD Riteks that was in a batch of 600 that I picked up in last fall's 100 pk for $15. Now that was a sale and still cheaper than their last black friday sale.

OD does have a 1 tb Seagate external HD for $130. I'm making the trip there to check her out tomorrow.

HP a1118x-b/athlon 64-3300+/BenQ 1650 BCDC/LG 8163B/Modded Wii/Epson-R300 and Ty Watershields!!!
dr_ml422
_
1. February 2009 @ 22:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by saugmon:
Office Max and Office Depot have TDK/Magnavox on sale. $23-$25 per 100 pk,so not much of a sales week.

Of all that awesome media on sale this week, Staple's sony is my only choice.

I'm on my last 100 pk spindle of OD Riteks that was in a batch of 600 that I picked up in last fall's 100 pk for $15. Now that was a sale and still cheaper than their last black friday sale.

OD does have a 1 tb Seagate external HD for $130. I'm making the trip there to check her out tomorrow.
The verbs if still for $20.99 free shipping at Newegg are the best right now. Also the Sony's at Staples aren't bad at all. A very good b or a- grade.

$130 for a external tb from anyone is a bit much. I snatched a 1tb WD from Super media Store for $119 free shipping. It's their caviar green make and it's great. WD's also extending their warranties to about 3-5 years as well. In my experience so far the WD's seem to be a bit faster than the Seagate, and this green model is nice n quiet and stays cool. Look around b4 pulling the trigger. You could always get a case for a internal n still come out better in the long run.

1 product review
_
2. February 2009 @ 08:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

wg1
_
2. February 2009 @ 09:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by CB_DFW:

Wal-Mart will pricematch retailers within a 50 mile radius (at least ours does). K-Mart had the 50 pk Sony Spindle for $14.99 and I price matched them at our local Wal-Mart. Ended up buying 4 spindles at that price since the usual price at WM is $24.95 for 50 blanks and I like the Sony DVDs. Sorry but the K-Mart sale is over right now but now that I know about this forum, I'll post when I see it come up again (fairly often).
_
2. February 2009 @ 09:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.buy.com/prod/fantom-1tb-g-for...70&dcaid=17070- For Saugmon Or anyone else who is interested ? FD G-Force Hard Drive - GF1000EU
Fantom 1TB G-Force Hard Drive - ), 7200RPM - External Hard Drive - Buy.com A good deal for a 1Tb external thats e-sata & usb Vs. just a Usb Ext-HDD ! I bought a Dual Interface (eSATA & USB 2.0 Cavalry 1TB external around Xmas - Original price was $ 129.99 Then they Cut the price By #30.00 so it was Like $100.00 & the MFR. Had a $20.00 MIR so my final cost was $80.00 or so ! I still may get A 1TB internal Sata HDD for my dell { only Came with a 250GB C drive ) And Video Can Fill that up quick But I have That 1TB Cavalry , Two 500GB WD's and a 400 GB Hitachi Homemde all Externals & I suppose I could always Rob the 500GB out of My old emachines and make that a External HDD too But That would be just a little overkill ya' Think???? Oh well Good luck & Pleasnt Shopping !!!!!!!!!!!!!CiaO

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. February 2009 @ 10:09

dr_ml422
_
2. February 2009 @ 11:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Lets keep playing w/the regular Sata HDD's and keep a eye out on the Solid State HDD's. They're coming down in price and going up in GB's. Going to definitely be the new replacement for mechanical standard Sata's.

Don't ever pay more than $22 or so for a 100ct. spindle of Sony DVD's. That's their usual sale price, and some Verbs even lower when on sale which are better.

Lurth
Inactive
_
2. February 2009 @ 11:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Several people have mentioned Staples as their brick/morter source for blank DVDs. I noticed that they now will take ANY brand empty ink carts. and give a $3 Staples Rewards credit.(Up to 10 per calendar month, that's $30 a month)I knew I kept those 200 or so Epson emptys for a reason!Makes those blanks look even cheaper.
_
2. February 2009 @ 12:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I haven't gone to the 1TB externals just yet. About 18 months ago, I picked up a Hammer 500GB external HDD from newegg for $120 with a $20 rebate. I just bought a second one a couple weeks ago and the price has dropped to $80. Both were with free shipping. I like them as they are small and can be stackable. They came in fat32 format and just had to reformat them to ntfs.

I also have a 250 from segate my brother gave me 15 months ago, but the motor started going out and was barely able to remove my files from it. I can still use it, but after 30 minutes you can't transfer any data, and need to disconnect it for about an hour before you can use it again.

_
2. February 2009 @ 13:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rtm27- KA- BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!! We're gonna need another Timmy ! - I loved that Show !!! - Yup Sounds Like time to pull whatever Data You cAn from That one & tranfer it to DVD's cD's or another DRive and give it a Serious Date with A Acetylene Torch !!! You can't Pull Sensitive Data From a Pool of Glowing Molten Slag Can You ? OR if you are friendly with your Local Scrap Yard operator Give it a Oneway ticket to the Blast Furnace Via A ride to THe Car CRusher ! Alternatively You could accidently THrow it in a Tree Shredder or Take it Down to the Outdoor range or Countryside And Kill it Properly ( ShoTgun Slugs or Large Caliber rifles Should Do Nicely I would Think ? feel Free to explore your own creative /Destructive urges as well ! good luck and Don't Stand to Close To Timmy LOL!!!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
bratcher
_
2. February 2009 @ 13:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SMS 200 pack 8x white inkjet (Premium line) @ $69.99 with free shipping.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yud..._PrintableMedia
_
2. February 2009 @ 13:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rtm27- KA- BOOM !!!!!!!!!!!! We're gonna need another Timmy ! - I loved that Show !!! - Yup Sounds Like time to pull whatever Data You cAn from That one & tranfer it to DVD's cD's or another DRive and give it a Serious Date with A Acetylene Torch !!! You can't Pull Sensitive Data From a Pool of Glowing Molten Slag Can You ? OR if you are friendly with your Local Scrap Yard operator Give it a Oneway ticket to the Blast Furnace Via A ride to THe Car CRusher ! Alternatively You could accidently THrow it in a Tree Shredder or Take it Down to the Outdoor range or Countryside And Kill it Properly ( ShoTgun Slugs or Large Caliber rifles Should Do Nicely I would Think ? feel Free to explore your own creative /Destructive urges as well ! good luck and Don't Stand to Close To Timmy LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking about taking it to our outdoor range, as I'm fairly certain the indoor range down the street won't let me use it for target practice. May want to experiment with different types of .40 and .45 cal. ammo to see how it stands up.

_
2. February 2009 @ 15:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rtm27- to each his own my friend I'm Partial To .45 ACP & .45 C0lt/.45LC , 44 Magnum , ..357 Magnum But any Major Caliber should Do ! Indeed A 45/70 Round through the HDD's Gizzard should end it's useful carreer LOL !!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
_
2. February 2009 @ 16:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rtm27- to each his own my friend I'm Partial To .45 ACP & .45 C0lt/.45LC , 44 Magnum , ..357 Magnum But any Major Caliber should Do ! Indeed A 45/70 Round through the HDD's Gizzard should end it's useful carreer LOL !!!!

I would like to see what a 50 cal round would do to it, but I think the national guard armory wouldn't let me borrow one for the day!!

AfterDawn Addict
_
2. February 2009 @ 20:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I picked up the seagate ext HD this morning and she's quiet. The TDK at OD were made in Taiwan.

Then I went to Staple's to pick up a tub of +16x sony,also made in taiwan. All their -16x sony were made in Malaysia.I'll pick some more up later this week.

BTW: I was checking out their memosux. They still had some regular blue/gold shrink wrapped spindles. Now they are changing packaging,listing them as DVDR for computer use along with white shrink wrappers. No plus or Dash,basic DVDR.

50 pk, 100 pk tubs,and 10 pks with slim jewel cases.. Looking at the specs on the back,says they are compatable in dual format writers.

Anybody test any of those out yet?

HP a1118x-b/athlon 64-3300+/BenQ 1650 BCDC/LG 8163B/Modded Wii/Epson-R300 and Ty Watershields!!!
dr_ml422
_
2. February 2009 @ 23:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ saugmon I stopped by Staples today and no Sony's on sale. Was that just until yesterday Sunday? I'm pretty sure their sales start Sunday. Maybe down your way they had them on sale.

AfterDawn Addict
_
3. February 2009 @ 05:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://staples.shoplocal.com/staples/def...r&StoreRef=1146

Sales started sunday 2/1-2/7

I called my bro yesterday and he stopped by sunday at the next town west and they weren't on sale either. They also have the Memosux inkjet printables $10 per 20 pk and his store didn't list them either.

_
3. February 2009 @ 07:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
saugmon& Friends{ Sounds like a KIddies Show} Much as I like the Sony's As long as The SamsClub's Around here have the Regular Non-Printable Verbatims for $10.87 for the DVD+R & DVD-R { 50cT. Spindle/Cakebox) If I were buying Blanks or looking too That's What I'd get & where I'd Go ! but I realize that not everyone has a samsclub card or a samsclub near them But if they do It'd be worth the trip IMHO anyway - I'm not hating on the Sony's Just enjoying getting verbatims for about what I was paying for Officedepot/riteks&ricohs ! I'm a gonna Miss them (riteks&ricohs) - Good thing I bought so many over time Eh? anyway thats just my .02cents worth Buddy later my friend!!!!!!!!

FeetZ Up ! Head Down !
dr_ml422
_
3. February 2009 @ 10:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They're good throw aways for friends or whoever. Those that don't know about Digital Video like we do see Sony and have a mild sexual experience. Some still go by names. Sad but true. Lol...

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. February 2009 @ 16:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dr_ml422

I hate $ony more than most, but don't dis all their discs because the $ony MIJ 8X +R were top of the line (maybe best ever made) TY T02s.

The 16X varieties and most other $hit they monopolize, you can dis.

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork